Old 11-02-2005, 07:34 AM   #1  
Doing it all over again..

S/C/G: 283/283/180

Height: 5'4

Default Anyone ever fantasized about being a workout video guru?

I haven't thought about it in awhile, but I used to dream about being a workout video guru like Richard Simmons, Billy Blanks, Denise Austin, or Leslie Sansone. Except my videos would be much cooler! lol

Am I crazy or has anyone else thought about what it would be like to make your own workout video?
mandy71480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:38 AM   #2  
Opulent

You're not crazy, in fact I am working on a Plus-Sized Yoga video right now
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:12 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Mine would whoop a$$ too! I'd always fancied prancing around in Lycra!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

We'd make the best ones too because we own every video in existence! We know what works and what doesn't.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #5  
one leg press at a time

Ever since I saw The Firm, I have wanted to instruct and lead a video for them, or more currently WHFN..I gotta loooooooooooooooooooooong way to go to get there though..

Last edited by Firmgirl; 11-12-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Firmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:51 PM   #6  

do you have a video camera, if so why not make a home fitness video and see how cool you really are and who know maybe one day you might turn a dream into a reality.
you never know who you can become until you do. can't you see having your entire line of videos for everyday people. You have a great vision who knows it might just be your destiny would that be cool. to know that the real reason you have weight problems was so you could help others. so you can turn your struggle into help and hope for others. have a dream and make it a reality. I wish you well
flipafart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:23 AM   #7  
Voluptuous Vixen

One way that I keep myself motivated to exercise now, is to record myself dancing or doing aerobics on my webcam!
My favorite fitness videos are by the Big Beautiful people! I want to see more of them out there, I have about every plus size fitness video out there.
missgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:42 AM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

It's not crazy! A girl I know started taking yoga classes and loved them. She was so good at it and so enthusiastic that the owner of the yoga studio asked her if she would consider taking the certification course and becoming a teacher. She did and gave up the office job she hated for a career she totally loves!

So you see it can happen!
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I'm way too self-conscious to ever want to do that! I can't even bring myself to watch my wedding video because I think I'm awkward. You guys rock!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

Default Yeah, it sounds like a great job!

Yes, I've fantasized...I always thought it would be cool . I'm about the same age as Denise Austin and I always thought she had a such a great job...she says on her TV show on Lifetime that she only exercises 30 min. a day ! Of course, I don't have the background she has which I believe is in gymnastics and I'm not good at yoga and pilates and often get confused during aerobics , so I don't think I could do it but it looks like a fun job...I could be wrong though.

Hey, for those of you who mentioned the plus size videos, I think that would be a great idea to do one. I haven't seen any except the Richard Simmons ones that have plus-size people in them. Why do most of these videos use exceptionally lean and cut people...it doesn't really motivate anymore at my age...I'd rather see real-size people although I guess the instructor should look fit though ! What they should do is make a first video using larger people and have the same people months later in a new video looking obviously trimmer and more fit. Keep on moving, everyone!
Musicgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:13 PM   #11  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I've never necessarily wanted to be a fitness guru but I'm always wanted to be in someone's video, the supporting cast. When I get close to my goal weight maybe I'll look into it.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Definitely aren't crazy! I would love to do that actually. I think that would be really cool.
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote