Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 11:53 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Saturday's Satisfying Menu, Oct. 29

This is going to be a GREAT day, I can already tell!

B: 100 calorie pack of shortbread cookies (2 pts). Lame, I know, but I was in a hurry to get to work. Aren't you proud that I didn't go to McDonald's though?
L: sandwich with FF bologna (not Core but 0 pts anyway), FF cheese, FF Miracle Whip, and 100% whole wheat bread (2)
D: Rotisserie chicken, and a big salad with lettuce, tomato, avocado, carrots, boiled egg and FF French dressing

Also shooting for SIX bottles of water today!

Last edited by Katpo; 10-29-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:03 PM   #2  

mmm maybe not Core Kathy but it sure sounded good..haha

b-
2eggs, green pepper, jalepano, onion, ff spray marg
sfff toast, dry
coffee
2pts

l-
banana
yogurt
water

s-
porcupine meatballs- Core
oven fried rice- core*ish*
steamed carrots
skim milk

s-
popcorn
diet pepsi
Old 10-29-2005, 12:29 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Breakfast: None!

Lunch: Sirloin Burger with FF american cheese, raw onion, ketchup, pickle on a bun (points); fresh fruit salad

Dinner: Raw carrots and FF dill dip; Core rotini pasta salad with a can of tuna water; Core kidney bean salad (a new recipe and from what I tasted it's REALLY good).

Dessert: Not sure. I'm hoping my Sister made a crustless pumpkin pie. If not then maybe nothing.

TOM is on the horizon and I have weigh in tomorrow. I'm going because I missed last week and I must NOT keep missing. Whatever it is.....so be it!
Old 10-29-2005, 01:23 PM   #4  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Ok, here is mine....can anyone tell me if I am counting this right? Do I count my breads even though they are LF/LC only 50 cals a pc. How about turkey lunchmeat?
Oh well, it is only a few points anyways...so I figure if I stay under my "flex"points while doing core....I will be fine right? This core is sooo confusing for me and I am falling into a rut...not knowing what to count....like how many things are you to have ? I know there is a no pasta w/bread/starch in the same meal rule right? Babbling....

B-1c. ww fiber & flakes w/.5c. skim milk
1 banana
coffee w/sf creamer (2)

L-2 tortillas w/2 pc ea. butterball turkey and 1 pc cheese split
2 no sugar added applesauces (natural)
water
S-?maybe the salmon cakes I didnt make last night...or go out?
salad w/ff dressing
broccoli

s-popcorn & milk
D-
Old 10-29-2005, 03:58 PM   #5  
Melissa

KellyJo, Core is confusing when you are used to flex but once you get the hang of it I think that it is actually LESS confusing, less to think about anyway.
You must count points (out of your 35 wpas) for anything that is not on the core foods list. And you can only have one serving of white potato, brown rice, or ww pasta each day. If you have two in one day, you count points for one. Or if you have ww pasta and a piece of bread, count points for the bread. Does that make sense? Also, sandwich meat (processed meat) is not core but I know that a lot of people do not count points for it--I think that we have all tweaked core in some ways. I hope this helps!
Old 10-29-2005, 08:24 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

i'm late getting here but here's what i'm stuff with today. (and i am stuffed and happy)

b--oatmeal, milk, splenda, berries
l--core taco soup (it's wonderful!!) 3 pts worth of saltines
d--2 scrambled eggs, canadian bacon, oven baked potatoes, 1 pt toast/sf apricot jam (1 pt)
s--i'm going to treadmill first then have a slice of banana cake/vanilla icing.

if the cake is good, i'll post the recipe. i tweaked and tweaked that carrot cake recipe to make it. sure hope it's good.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:54 PM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Okay - not a core day - but I still feel in control which is great!

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, tea w/milk & splenda, toasted bagel w/margarine and sliced tomato.

Snack: decaf coffee w/cream

Lunch/dinner: 1 small roll, 1/4 c. eggplant salad w/a pickle, 2 party sandwiches

2 slices thin crust pepperoni pizza, diet soda

Snack: popcorn and diet pepsi

Frouf
Closed Thread