South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 01:08 PM   #1  
Hoping to Shrink!

Default New Beach Chick

Hello All!

This is my first post in this forum, although I've been lurking for the past few days! My father, a few months ago at 45 found out he has CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) and is now on a transplant list. After looking into it I found that my family has horrible heart disease (all of my grandparents have had heart attacks, both grandfathers died of heart disease, all my aunts and uncles have heart problems too.) So I asked my dad's cardiologist what I could do to give myself the best foot forward on this.

Since I am overweight (238 as of this morning) he suggested this diet to get me back to being a bit healthier, as well as exercise and regular physical evaluations.

So here I am... day one of phase one.

I'm a 22 year old housewife/student going through some rough patches as my husband switched jobs. I live all alone (my husband is a truck driver) so I'm hoping since he's gone I'll be able to control the food in the house, and better control my intake. I am an emotional eater, so I'm hoping to find some support here!
Old 10-27-2005, 01:32 PM   #2  
Kyemom

Welcome!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 02:51 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

and to The Beach! Your doc is right. Dr Agatston is a cardiologist and developed this plan for heart patients.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:35 PM   #4  

Welcome to the Beach!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:07 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

LOJ! Great name!

So sorry to hear about your dad's illness. I hope he'll be feeling much better very soon!

I think it's great that you are doing something so healthy for you...this WOE has me feeling healthier than I've felt in all my life!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:33 AM   #6  
gotta lose it!

Welcome!!!
Old 10-28-2005, 03:52 PM   #7  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Hi! Welcome to the beach. Make sure you check out the recipe section and FAQ section here. There is a lot of informaiton and the recipes are a great addition to what is in the books.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:56 PM   #8  
Will work for yarn!

Welcome!
Old 10-30-2005, 03:18 AM   #9  

Howdy... I hope that you like the forum. I am sorry to hear about your dad and I hope that he is on the mend soon.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:17 PM   #10  

Welcome. I've only been here a short time myself - but you know what - this really works. Absolutely check out the recipe sites here. You'll be pleasantly surprised. I've been on this going into my sixth week and I've lost 17 and have tried several recipes (they're great). You will notice almost from the beginning that you're losing weight. Good luck! This will work for you!
Closed Thread