Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-26-2005, 05:33 AM   #1  
I CAN DO THIS

Default Wednesday Chat ~ October 26th

Good Morning Ladies...

Just popping in while I'm rushing around getting everyone up and ready to leave so early this morning. It's going tobe a long and intersting day with 2 or 3 hours sleep.. I lost count.. DD was up half the night and took mommy along for the scream fest.

No exercise this morning.. the joys of running late... I plan on trying to get something in when I get home from work...

What does everyone have planned for today...

Hope Everyone has a nice Wednesday

/hugs
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:41 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Well its hump day How is your week going along? OP everyone?

Hugs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:32 AM   #3  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Gm Ladies!
Steph- get some rest when you can.
Leenie- How are you honey? You always ask after us so I'm asking after you!

Well just a short one today. I had to have a tooth pulled yesterday and it is still hurting so I'm gonna go get a pain pill and lie on the couch. Can't eat hardly anything. Came in at around 700 calories yesterday and today so far all I've had is toast and tea sooo.... it looks like I will probably be way under today too. Just to warn everyone. I will be back later. I have a severe need to rant about something, but can't seem to get past the pain to do it right now. Hope everyone is ok. TTYL
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:29 AM   #4  

Talking

Hey there Leenie!

I agree, I does suck that DH brought home those ribs - glad to here that you would have done the same thing! But you are right, the glory of it is I can try again today, which I plan to do, as soon as DH brings the car home. I'll be on my way to the grocery to pick up my food for my daily recipes for today! (SlimFast website) As you said, "...today, I'm gonna stick to my plan." It is hard but brainwashing is what I need to do to myself - "the the brain" to say NO! Exercise is great! I just did my 10 pushups and 15 situps for today and in addition, I walked my DD to school earlier! What does IMHO mean?

Yes, I sure did have a good weekend - they are nice when they are full of things to do to keep you busy!

Good Morning Ashlie or is it Stephanie?

Glad you had time to pop in while you are rushing around getting everyone up and ready to leave so early this morning! It is going to be a long and interesting day with 2 or 3 hours of sleep! I think that I had 2..... Sorry to hear that DD was up half of the night and took you along for the scream fest.

Sorry to hear that you got no exercise in this morning. Ah the joys of running late! I and my DD and DS were asleep at 8:18 when DH came home to yell up the stairs to get everybody up! I don't think that my DS's alarm clock went off, so I didn't wake up in time to get them up! Hope you get something in when you get home from work.

I have planned to stay OP and to do some washing and help DH with the kitchen renovations if needed.

Hope you have a nice Wednesday

hugs

Gm timmyshawn!

I forgot that you had a dentist appt. yesterday. Had to get a tooth pulled, huh? Ouch! (and I'm the daughter of a dentist!) Since it is still hurting, I agree that you should get a pain pill and lie on the couch. I know that you can hardly eat anything. Congrats on your 700 calories yesterday. You'll probably right that you'll be way under today too. Looking forward to your being back later. Especially since you have a severe need to rant about something. Hope you are ok. TTYL

Casper
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:53 PM   #5  

Hi everyone........off and running......no work today.........but lots of other stuff going on........hugs to all!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:22 PM   #6  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

OK ladies, I need to talk. I feel like an emotionally out of control freak!! I don't know if it's the pain or what but my emotions are all over the place. HMMM maybe it's the birth control pills that I started last week making me nuts but whatever it is I feel like a hormonal rollercoaster. Anyone else wanna ride..it's quite a trip!
Ok here goes. My rant. Well the remnants of my rant. Monday evening DD brought home a permission slip for a field trip. No biggie right?! Wrong. They want $30 from each parent per child (I feel for the one woman that has a set of triplets in the 4th grade) to take the kids to Monticello. It's only $4 admission to the place. The other $26 is going to rent a charter bus to take approx. 100 4th graders up there. Now let's do the math. There are 4 classes of 4th graders with an average of 24 students per class. That's 96 students. $30 per student= $2,880 for this one field trip! The total for admission for the students is $384. That leaves $2496. Now because the elementary, middle and high schools share buses here they can't spare the reg. school buses to take the kids so they are going to charter buses. ( I called the charter company to get these prices, cause of course they didn't tell us any of this) This is going to cost $1886. $2496-$1886=$610 left. We have to send lunch with them and they aren't getting any souveniers so where is the rest of this money going? Ok on top of that they sent home the permission slip Mon night and want the money by next Tues. A weeks' notice! I don't know how I am going to have enough gas money to get us through til DH gets paid again and they want this money by next week! We can't afford this!! So I had to tell DD that she can't go and I called the teacher and asked what happens if DD can't go and her whole class as well as all of the other 4th graders are gone. Where will she go for the day. Oh they'll put her in the office and give her enough work to keep her busy all day. So she'll be working all day while everybody else is having fun!! Anyway, I put in a call to the school board to complain about the way this field trip was being handled ,and had to wait to be phoned back. So while waiting I called DD's principal. The woman had no idea that the parents were having to pay this amount ( the teachers submitted the requisition forms to the proper people at the school board and got it approved and just let the principal know that the trip was approved), and she had no idea that we were only given a weeks notice. She got heated at this too. I explained to her that we couldn't afford this and DD wouldn't be able to go, and that I was upset about the fact that she would have to do work all day while everyone else was having fun and that I was wondering if there wasn't some other way we could handle her day, maybe I could keep her home and have it still be counted as excused because of the situation. And then she went and did something I would have never expected in a million years. She told me that she wants me to send in the permission slip to her, not the teacher, filled out and ready to go, and she's going to take the money out of the schools petty cash fund and make sure that DD can go, cause it isn't fair for her to be excluded because of the teachers poor planning and that she plans to have a discussion with them about the fact that it is inconsiderate to expect parents to come up with that much money for a field trip especially on short notice! I was so shocked by this woman's understanding and helpfullness that I cried. And she was very considerate of me also. She said that no one except me and her will know where the money came from. Not even the teacher and that any time we need help with paying for something like this just to call her and it would honor her to be able to help cause even though it's my daughter she's one of her kids too. Well I called the school board back and told the lady to nevermind my message that everything had been taken care of. And then I sat down and cried some more. Well then I had to call Social Services because I am trying to get some help with heating our home. Our heating unit went out right before winter last year. We used some space heaters to heat the house last year but the problem is that if we plug in the space heaters and use anything else in the house (including the fridge) it trips out the circut breakers. So me and the kids spent most of last winter in my bedroom with one of the heaters trying to stay warm and not trip off the breakers. I can't do that this year because we don't have a tv in there anymore, and I don't have room in there for them to play either and a 2 yo and 4yo cooped up in one room all day with nothing to do isn't going to work. Well they only take into account gross pay before taxes, and they don't allow for the amount you spend on bills per month or anything...so we make too much money according to their guidelines even though we have apprx $3000 a month going out per month on bills (not including gas, or incidentals like that extra loaf of bread when we run out, or diapers when we run out..etc..) and we only have about $3100 coming in per month. I know we have more money coming in than alot of people but we also have alot going out! And that doesn't matter. They don't look at that, so I don't know how we are going to keep this house warm enough for these kids this winter cause we don't qualify for any help getting or heating unit fixed. It's already getting down into the 40's and 50's here and my kids are already spending most of the day bundled in blankets. I don't know what to do when real winter sets in. Then at the dentist yesterday they charged me $100 copay to have my tooth pulled instead of $50 (which is what it's supposed to be) cuase they said that's what their computer said my copay was. They wouldn't call the insurance. They said that after the insurance pays on the claim if the copay was wrong tey'll refund the other 50 but doesn't help right now. I am so sorry this is so long, but I really needed to talk. Other than Dh you guys are the only friends I've got (literally I don't have not one other friend or person to talk to). I feel so down and lost and don't know what to do. We are trying so hard to take care of our family but right now we need some help and can't get any. They one good thing that I'm hanging on to right now, is the kindness that DD's principal has shown. If it weren't for that I think I'd have a complete breakdown. Well all I'm about to start crying agin so I'm gonna go. Thanks guys for listening. I'm sorry it's so long and not very happy.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:42 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Heather! You had a crappy day sweetheart
but do what you are doing focus on the goodness!
would you be able to check into some charity organizations? or maybe a "new" heater from Salvation Army? I think it's ludicrous that they don't take into account the money that goes for bills and inconsequential things like food *******s! I've been there!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 05:43 PM   #8  

Hey Leenie!!Guess what?! I'm OP!

I've had a Slimfast Shake for breakfast, some cauliflower with fat-free Italian dressing for a snack, a SlimfastMeal Bar for lunch and I'm about to eat a mixed green salad with fat-free dressing and dry roasted , unsalted peanuts. How about that?!

Hi Liz!

Thanks for PMing me back! I'm busy but not too busy......Yes, you should probably find some balance.....You're welcome!

Didn't realize that you had no work today.......have fun with your other stuff that you have going on.....

hugs to you!

Hi Heather!

OK lady, when you said that you needed to talk, you really needed to talk!

Can you send your DD's principal to my kids' school? We have a micromanaging b**** for a principal and she is tryuly on my list. We have had it out so many times that she has BANNED ME from the school! I have been fighting this for so long that I have just had to let it go. But I'll be d***** if she keeps me from seeing my kids graduate!

Our furnace went out, one year right before Christmas - that was a sad Xmas. Good thing that the kids were so little they didn't realiize.........

I know how you feel, Heather. Unfortunately, welcome to the game of Life. No. it doesn't matter what you have going out, it only matters what you gross. You guys are in that situation where you make enough but don't have enough to qualify for whatever. Mind if I ask if you own or rent? If you own, maybe you could refinance your house or take out a home equity loan. Just a thought.

No need to apologize for your post being so long. Sometimes you just need to let it all out! I'm glad that I am one of the people you consider your friend! When you feel down and lost and don't know what to do, post to us! At least you have a silver lining in your DD's principal! Please don't have a complete breakdown. Try to stop crying, although crying can be a healthy release of your stress, and try to think about that pricipal and be very happy.........

Casper
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote