South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 07:39 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Tuesday Beach Chat 10/25

Good morning, Chickies~~

It's damn cold here this morning! Only 44*F. But feels like 37*. Yuck! I don't like being cold.

Not much going on. Just hanging in there. Eating some malt-0-meal with Splenda and soy milk for breakfast. Yum. I used to love it, but slathered with brown sugar, butter and condensed milk. Doesn't taste quite the same this way.

So, what are the rest of you chicks up to, today?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:51 AM   #2  

Smile Tues. Oct 25 Beach Chat

Good morning gals, I'm never the first one here but guess I am for today. I have news!.......no not the kind you're thinking of, I'm going to get a furbaby on Fri. I'm really so excited. She's an adult, seal point Siamese, brought up here from Missouri after hurricane Katrina went through. She escaped on the trip up here, they found her and had to extract her from the undercarriage of a semi. Now she's ready to be adopted. The gal told me that she does nothing but hide, poor thing has been through so much. It's going to take time, but what do I have more of than that??? I've gotten a new litter pan, will get food today when I get groceries, and now I can hardly wait till Fri. Plan to just put her in the basement with her food, water and litter, and she can decide when she's ready to come up. The door is always open. It's up to her, and I hope that she's nosy enough to do it soon.

SB is going well, still haven't lost any more, but I guess I'd better not ask for too much too soon. It's really not as hard to stick to as I thought it would be. Don't miss the bread, but sure do miss the fruit. May start with an apple as my first fruit, maybe later this week. I can hardly wait. My mouth is watering!

Well, breakfast time, just don't know what it's going to be today. I liked the eggs made in muffin cups, so will probably do that again, so that I have something made for a few days. Tonight we're having a piece of steak, a veggies and DH will have a potato. I'll just wait with that, eat more veggies. I tried last week to eat a salad, but no dice, I had IBS like you wouldn't believe. Darn!

See you all tomorrow....GrannySmith
Old 10-25-2005, 07:57 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

here too, Mamacita. It is raining (of course) and it's so dark that the streetlights are still on. Yes we do have streetlights here in little Delta! Not gas either - electric! It's 43ºF at the moment. Wilma is keeping us wet and cold but we sure can't complain compared to you chicks in the Eastern USA!

I just did what I consider the start of winter task - I cleaned the hummingbird feeder! So silly as it takes me about an hour and I can buy a new one for $5.99! However, I love doing it and thinking forward to next May when those flying jewels will be back adorning my life.

The rest of the day? Well, I need to track down Craig for wood, take another stab at my muddy kitchen floor , shorten some new pants and tops and think about visiting Harry. I probably will leave the last until tomorrow when I go for my flu shot as I'll be partway there when I go to the clinic.

What's happening around your towel this morning, Chickies? And did you notice the cool Hallowe'en smilies?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:04 AM   #4  

Angry Gulp!

Hey ladies, I started a Beach Chat for today also, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of it. If someome will tell me how, I'll do it. Mamacita's was posted first according to the time so I'll get rid of mine. Sorry, I won't try that again, and will check back and see if someome tells me how to do this....GrannySmith
Old 10-25-2005, 08:16 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Oh Granny, it happens all the time. Usually one of us MOD's notice and do a merge. Not to worry! I'm going to do it right now!
Old 10-25-2005, 08:21 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

There! It's done. See? It was easy. Never get rid of your morning post - we'll just merge it in if it's not the first one.

How exciting about getting a new fur baby! My Marigold was part Siamese, we think, and was a terrific cat. She lived to be 22. I hope your little darling adjusts quickly. How traumatic for a cat to go through all that Katrina horror! What will you name her? By the way, not to make you feel badly, but I just had an apple with some Fiber One and yogurt for breakfast.

Gotta hop into the tub AFTER I do my treadmill. I'm listening to a tape of Ukranian folk music while I tread - makes for some interesting steps and arm movements! Wait for the movie, OK?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:39 AM   #7  
Kyemom

Morning ladies!!
Granny- I too have a siamese...she is so sweet.
Ruth- Morning Dear....do some extra walking for me...I don't feel very well.
Mama- Sorry if this is dumb, but what is Malt-o-meal?
Raining & yucky here..high of 52 today. Hoping football practice will be cancelled, as I need to go to the grocery store...My poor kids have even had to buy school lunch the last 2 days, they don't mind, but I do!!!! Anyway, we went to an Octoberfest at the kids elementary school last night. It was a lot of fun for the kids, and I got to see several of my friends, so that was nice!!! How is everyone else's stretch of sand today?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:41 AM   #8  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

I really didn't think I was going to be here this morning,as we were suppose to get a bad n'easter with Wilma hanging around us. But the winds & rains are not that bad yet.

KO for starting the Thanksgiving Challenge. I really need to plan ahead for me to get thought this holidays.

Granny- Good Luck with your new furbaby.She frightened,hiding all the time. Give her lots of LOVE and HUGS. Go very slow on Phase 2 watch the carbs that you bring back to your menu,that my advice.

Ruth-Well its 57 * here,and as cold has you have.Never saw hummingbirds in my town.I guess they don't stop here in the Cape.

Have to go for my will post later Hugs BB
Old 10-25-2005, 08:44 AM   #9  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks!!

Granny, I absolutely adore siamese cats. I had one named Raja years ago but I let my dad talk me into allowing him outside and he dissapeared! "They need to run and hunt.....blah blah!! Never again!!! All my cats from now on are indoors with tons of toys and hiding places. It's just too dangerous, never mind the damage these non-native hunters do to the local wild life. Ok ok, enough of a rant! I cant wait to get another siamese. The next cat I'm getting will be a breed called a Chausie and after that will definitely be another siamese baby.

Ruth, I followed your lead from yesterday and had soup for b'fast. Yummy!! I had leftover italian stew from a few nights ago.

Mama: I love malt-o-meal!! No can do on the SBD, though. I hope your poor tummy calms down soon and in the mean time enjoy the malt-o-meal. You're making it as healthy as you can so just enjoy!!

I'm so busy today and I feel like crap again. Yesterday I felt great but got a fever and sore throat last night. I've got too much to do today to stay home so I'll just keep popping the advil until I can collapse later on tonight. Have a great OP day everyone.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:48 AM   #10  
Kyemom

Hi BB & Pear...we must have been posting at the same time!!
Old 10-25-2005, 09:10 AM   #11  

I just plain adore cats!!!!! Really, anything with a heartbeat and fur.

I have been trying to lose weight for 2 years with a 15lb loss that has stayed off. I am new to the beach and really had trouble getting started( 3 weeks) I had a pretty free summer and gained 5 lbs. I now have 2 OP SB days under my belt. Woohoo!!
Old 10-25-2005, 09:16 AM   #12  
RNMOM

Default Hi ladies

I'm reading some patho stuff but decided to peruse the beach for a minute. For those of you freezing this AM, I'm with ya! Brrrrr. I'm wearing my hubby's sweat pants and shirt and wool socks. I love to snuggle up with warm stuff when I'm on the couch studying. It's been a few days since I've gossiped with ya but things are slowing down a bit and I'm taking time to read.

Mama, sorry you "have" to eat malt of meal...... that stuff gives me the shudders, years ago there was a cereal called wheat hearts. I loved that stuff, hoped malt o meal would be similar but no.

Granny, enjoy the cat. I LOVE cats! A little patience, love and food and it will be purring and rubbing around your legs in no time.

Ruth, hummingbirds are beautiful. What a nice thing to be thinking about them for next year. Hugs for Harry when you see him.

kyemom, Octoberfest sounds like fun. I love the fall and Halloween ......it's kinda like the calm before the storm.

beachbum, snuggle up in a warm blankie and hold out the umbrella. Hopefully Fred's wife won't be too hard on your stretch of the beach!

Pearshape, maybe a cup of hot tomato soup will help your throat get feeling better. We've sure seen a lot of flu like symtoms in the ER here. Take care of yourself.

Everyone have a great day on the beach!!
Old 10-25-2005, 09:17 AM   #13  
RNMOM

Default Hollyhock

Congrats on the 2 days of phase 1, that is huge! You can do this!
Old 10-25-2005, 09:31 AM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Just a quickie
RN I'm having Sweats envy! It's so cold here I wore My foofy down coat to work I'd kill to be in my fuzzies right now
Kitties! I want a Kitty or a small dog when we settle in to the new place I want something fuzzy to come home too other than DH!
Ruth What Kind of Beat does Ukranian folk music have?
Mama Cold here Too send some coffee through the puter! Try some Cinamon or maybe pumpkin spice with your Maltomeal
ok better look busy!
Kierie
Old 10-25-2005, 09:56 AM   #15  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Ok, I have to confess that I hate cats...but it's wonderful that you are rescuing a pet from the Katrina disaster. They need that help so badly! I would love to have another puppy, but we live in an apartment right now...and my Chester is a handful as it is! He is sweet as pie though. Love my furbaby!

Day 2 of Phase I (again). Yesterday I had a minor encounter with a tootsie roll, but only one. Have got to kill the cravings. It's awful when I just feel like I want to eat, but I know I am not really hungry. Trying to fend off with sugarfree gum, Crystal Light, and tea.

Stay comfy on your beach towel. Love, Jessie
Closed Thread