South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 04:19 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Question Thanksgiving Challenge

Today is exactly 1 month until Thanksgiving.
I was thinking we should do a challenge
it can be anything a loss, drinking water exercising anything to help prep you to resist the season of gluttony.
What do you think Babes?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:11 PM   #2  
beachbum

KO

I'm game to try any challenge.Yes count me in,Thanksgiving is food orinated holiday,and if you don't plan ahead diaster will happen{WEIGHT GAIN}

Hugs BB
Old 10-24-2005, 05:44 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

BB Great!
My goals are
1 to stay OP I'm doing 2 or 3 weeks of Ph1 to do damage control from last week
2 start drinking 4 cups of water per day and increase it 2 cups every week
3 exercercise 3 x a week
Old 10-24-2005, 05:56 PM   #4  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good idea! My goal is to stay OP and within a decent calorie range for the entire month before the holiday so I can relax and enjoy myself on that day. I plan to also restrict my calorie intake the day of Thanksgiving so I can save up calories for the meal. The biggest challenge will be to get right back OP the next day to minimize any damage done. This may not be the best plan but I'm just being realistic. There's no way I won't eat pie, potatoes, and gravy on Thanksgiving but if I plan ahead and arrange my meals accordingly I think I can manage to minimize the damage. I also plan to not pig out that day but just eat everything in moderation.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:14 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Great idea, KO! I'll sticky this post from now until T-day so it's easy to find, okay?

My challenge is to exercise at least four times a week (it's okay if two of the times are on the same day) and find several SBD-safe recipes that I can either make ahead, or make at my MIL's house without making a mess. I'll bring those with me to thanksgiving so that I'll have something to eat. The big thing will be making a dessert I can have. Shouldn't be too hard...think I can make a pie or tart or cake with splenda that I can freeze and carry to WI in a cooler.

Good luck everyone!
Old 10-25-2005, 08:16 AM   #6  
beachbum

Hi

My plan is to exercise more,as I was lacks over the last week,and watch the carbs I put in my mouth. On the week of Thanksgiving I will sandwich my days before and days after being on Phase 1.

Hugs BB
Old 10-25-2005, 08:58 AM   #7  
Kyemom

Great idea!! I am going to try some new recipes, so that I am not getting bored with eating the same old thing...also, I am going to be really good at staying OP so that I can enjoy Turkey day...I am with you Pear....I must eat all of the things I want on that day,but go back OP the next day!!!
Old 10-25-2005, 09:17 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm definitely looking for new recipes
Question:
Is wild rice ok for SBD Defcon level 2? i found a wild rice stuffing recipe
I was thinking perhaps we can post
our progress or Menus here? or both and maybe some T-day recipe ideas?
or Maybe a t-day recipe thread?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:24 AM   #9  

KO - Take a look at the recipe section. There are some low carb holiday recipes that we posted for Thanksgiving and Christmas last year. I make a cranberry sauce with Splenda that is really good.

My goal is to increase my exercise back like I was doing before. I want to get my weight back down to my low point by Thanksgiving (and I'd like to be at goal by Christmas).
Old 10-25-2005, 09:33 AM   #10  

Thanksgiving. I have already been thinking about that event. I have a goal to get down to 150. That is 10 more pounds for me! I have to stay focused and not get lazy. I also need to continue my exercise. I have a goal to get to the gym 4 days a week and at least one of those times are to be a class. I think that if I make my goal and get all the compliments on the day of Thanksgiving by people that haven't seen me that it will be great motivation not to gorge myself. (Plus, I am sure my cousins will be watching to see what I can eat. )

The day of Thanksgiving I plan to eat a little of everything. I plan on bringing our leftovers down to our shop for the guys to enjoy and get out of my house!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:37 AM   #11  
gotta lose it!

I'm in! My goal is to exercise at least 300 mins per week.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #12  
Heather

My goal is to jog at least 2 miles EVERY DAY (ok, 6 days a week) and continue to be conscious of my food choices. Stay OP but allow myself to enjoy the actual holiday day with my friends and family by eating the traditional foods but not stuffing myself
Old 10-25-2005, 07:47 PM   #13  

Thumbs up I'm so glad someone is "challenging" Thanksgiving

I'm going home (UK) for TG - while I won't be in a country that celebrates, I will have to deal with all that comforting home food that will be spread out before me. So, my goals:
-Have more in the "lost" column than the "to lose" column.
-Make boots easier to zip up.
-Find to perfect "on a plane for twelve hours yet still devastatingly sophisticated on the other end" outfit. Pathetic, but very, very, important.

**Edited for spehlink

Last edited by peppermint_tea; 10-25-2005 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:35 PM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO
Question:
Is wild rice ok for SBD Defcon level 2? i found a wild rice stuffing recipe
Hey, KO! Yes, Wild Rice is fine in P2 (love what you called it!), but be sure you are getting just wild rice. Most wild rice mixes use white rice, which we can't have. Of course, you can mix wild with brown if you want to make a pilaf.

Barb is right, there's a thread in the recipe forum for holiday recipes. Feel free to add to it and comment on what's there.

You'll find tons of great recipes at www.cookinglight.com , www.epicurious.com , and www.allrecipes.com. Let us know if you need help modifying them!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:52 AM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Laurie!
Thanks for the input! I have actually seen just a container of wild rice (now I have to remember where) but it's from the foodnetwork website I did a search for diabetic friendly
To use a Weezle (where did she go btw) word I had a celebration fest yesterday
and I not only am down what I gained but an additional 2.5/3 more!
I'm almost halfway through the 180s!
Tonight is PT so there is my exercise! I just have to squeeze in 2 more days (and move) this weekend.
I'm going to do it because I'm taking back me!
Kierie
Closed Thread