Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 08:38 AM   #1  

Default Weigh In Thread for 10/23-10/29

Bring it on!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:23 PM   #2  

Actually a weight gain of 1.5 this week so FIVE stinking weeks of a plateau! I am not changing my slider though to depressing!
Old 10-24-2005, 04:38 PM   #3  

Luflic-Plateaus have been a HOt topic in our meetings. I don't really have any quick fix or anything but here are two inspiring stories from ladies in my meetings.

One lady was up and down with the same 5 pounds for over 6 MONTHS!!!! She stuck it out and still came to the meetings stuck to her points and now finally the scale is moving for her! She's lost 45 pounds. The second lady had a terrbile plateau, I'm not sure how long but a few months I think. Well She too stuck with it. She figured up her exercise and realized that her points equaled about 8 at the end of the day b/c she worked out so hard and so much. She adjusted it and still exercises but not as much, and now has lost 105 pounds and got her lifetime two weeks ago!!

So you're right. It sucks to gain and stay the same and lose and stay the same and gain week after week. We live in the 21st Century and our genes live in the stoneage. We're fighting agaist centuries of survival, our bodies don't know that it's highly unlikley that we'll see years of famine. We're fighting against it and we will win!!!! Maybe your body needs a shake up switch from flex to core or visa versa, try the Wendie plan, up or points by one or two a day then go back to your range. But most of all don't get down on yourself and stick with it!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 08:17 PM   #4  

Guess what---

I'm LIFETIME!!!!

I lost 3 pounds tonight. I'm thrilled!!

Luflic, you'll get it. I lost and gained the same pound or so for the last 6 weeks, and now I finally lost a bit more. It will soon be your turn. Hang in there!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:31 PM   #5  

Steph-AWESOME! Congrats! I know you have worked hard. What an inspiration to all of us!
Old 10-25-2005, 02:32 PM   #6  

Oh Misty you have just given me hopefully the answer. My leader was telling me to eat more. I have been exercising like a mad woman and I don't take the points or use my flex points either so perhaps just perhaps this is the problem.

Thanks sistas for your words of encouragement. Funny but in my devotions this morning I found a verse that states But if when you do what is right and suffer for it and you do it patiently and endure it, this finds favor with God. 1 Peter 2:20 so ladies I am going to quit whining and endure God willing next week it will move but if not I have no choice but to persevere so I WILL
Old 10-26-2005, 09:53 AM   #7  

I gained a freaking pound. That really makes me mad. I know it could be worse and it makes sense with TOM. But seriously I've been at the same freaking weight for a year. Last year at this time I was around this weight. I went back up to 212 which is when I started WW again. So I know I have to give it time, but looking back I was around this weight LAST year. If I could just get below 194 which was my lowest in recent times then I think I would feel so much better. I really tried this week, until I got home and ate junk b/c I was mad. So I am back on track and more determined to get it together.

Luflic-Oh I hope that helps you! You need to use at least your AP or you FP. I don't usually use AP. I write them down and if I really need them use them, but usually I don't. I am afraid I count them too high so I don't like to us ethem. But I usually use my FP.

My leader said yesterday that perhaps it's not best for us Tuesday weighers to use them all on Sunday or Monday, which is what I did so maybe saving them for the weekend is not a good idea. But the weekend is when I need them. But maybe that accounts for my gain.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:44 AM   #8  

Misty-I am so sorry you gained..but I just have to believe that it was TOM and that next week it will be a big loss. Don't get frustrated girl...you can do this. I know you can! Yea I think that your leader had a good point about using all your points on Sun. or Mon. I use some of mine on weekends too but I weigh in on Sat. so it works well for me. Can you switch your WI day?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:53 AM   #9  

Thansk Marcie. No we only have one meeting avaiable in this area. I could change to a different leader and drive 20 minutes the other way, which is about the same as what I drive now. But I haven't heard great things about the other leader. I've heard she's nice but not inspiring. I think there may be one other meeting in our o****y but's it's 45 minutes away. So I am kind stuck. When I was going to do the online thing I was going to weigh in on Friday. I really need those flex points on the weekend so I hate to change how I use them. I have thought about continuing the meetings and such but count a Friday AM weigh in as my "official" weigh in. I used to do it on my own and weighed in Monday mornings. I don't know. I'll work hard this week and see how it goes.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:36 AM   #10  

Well Misty...looks like we are in the same boat this week..I gained +1.2 lbs....i cried my eyes out after my meeting. I was so disapointed. Now I am looking back at what I wrote to you and kinda laughing. I need to take my own advice. Ok..new week. Here we go!
Closed Thread