South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 02:43 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hallowe'en Survival Tactics!

HALLOWE'EN! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

What are your survival techniques?

My first one is to NOT buy anything to give out until the last minute.
I also try to buy stuff I don't like - Cheesies, for example. I will not buy chips or Smarties! Or red liquorice!

What are your plans?
Old 10-23-2005, 05:11 PM   #2  
Who needs sleep?

It's easy for us - we don't celebrate Halloween.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:00 PM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Jumping in,

I have been known to give out glow sticks or some other "party favor" Pretzles, chips, anything not candy are ok too. (don't be the rasin house my mom got TP'd really badly one year)

get candy you don't like ( I personally hate all that laughy taffy and nerds and things like that it is also hard to eat large quantities of it too)

Don't buy it until you have to

Drop off the extra at the faculty lounge at school they are more than happy to have it and it goes quickly

I also buy back candy from my kids and add it to the donate pile. i give them $2 a pound because I don't want them to have it either!

Hope this helps!
-L

Last edited by L144S; 01-10-2006 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:50 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

L144S, love the picture! Is that your pup?

When I started SBD, I realized that I hate the thought of continuing the cycle of eating sugar and then overeating by giving kids candy. I don't want to make the day less fun for them, but I don't want to hand out things with sugar. Plus, handing out things that I can eat makes it a good, safe time for me, too. Last year we did nuts and stickers...but that didn't go over as well as I'd hoped.

This year, we're giving out small, mini bags of microwave popcorn, decorated with Halloween pictures and individually wrapped. We're also giving out stretchy monster hands that you can throw at a wall...they then 'walk' themselves down the wall. We also have glow-in-the-dark and glitter temporary Halloween tatoos. Should be fun, I hope!
Old 10-24-2005, 08:08 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

I'm not handing out anything! And turning off my lights and locking the front door downstairs! Is there such a thing as a Halloween Scrouge?
Old 10-24-2005, 08:30 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I am thinking of doing that although there are a few very young kidlets who love to come to see me. Maybe I'll phone the parents and tell them I'm Scrooging this year too!
Old 10-24-2005, 09:01 AM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Oh? Scrooge! Not neighbor friendly!

I like the popcorn idea, I may do that next year. The little ones like (and the parents too) like the little boxes of animal crackers. I use to get a few of those for the kids.

And yes, that is my 3 month old puppy Dixie being tourcherd by, well ME! she does not like the costume. I tried the cats ears but that was a dud too. She will go as a skunk (white hair gel), but I just relized it is a doggie day care day so she may not be going to the haloween parade after all and may not need a costume!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:30 AM   #8  

I bought an assortment of chips since it is much easier for me to resist salty stuff than chocolate.

We had the kids trick-or-treat at the campout this weekend and I did end up eating some of the York Peppermint Patties that I gave out. Luckily Brian wasn't interested in collecting candy (he has candy left from last year) so now that what we gave out is gone, I should be fine. Brian had a blast dressing up in his costume and handling out candy. I dressed up too so we were a witch with her little wizard handing out candy. I think we will do that for Halloween too. It's lots of fun!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

We've just not bought any candy yet and won't until the day of trick or treating here. Also, Bryan will give it out instead of me and I'll only buy stuff that we won't be tempted with. On Halloween we will actually go out and celebrate our anniversary together. Married 7 years so far. We aren't big Halloween lovers though. My dad passed away on a halloween when I was 11 and Bryan wanted to get married on halloween to make a bad day of rememberance a good one for the future. So far so good .
Old 10-24-2005, 01:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

I do allow myself a treat at halloween.. that way I dont feel deprived.. I agree, it is best to not buy the goodies til the last minute and I already know, if it isnt chocolate, I w ont eat it Monday is also my weigh in night and after a two week binge, I am finally heading onto t he beach again, strict phase 1 for two weeks and then I promise to go onto phase 11 and stay t here... we had a rally for Tops over the weekend, there is a pic of my group in there submitted by Lynard21... very attractive group of bees.. remember... if its to bee, its up to me.... India
Old 10-24-2005, 01:52 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

this will be the first year we might get kids (and the monday of move in weekend) I'm not bringing anything chocolate into my house! maybe skittles or something that I'm not fond of Maybe I should do black licorice the smell of that turns my stomach!
Old 10-24-2005, 02:05 PM   #12  
Kyemom

I bought chocolate......but I am going to have willpower.....Since we weigh in that night or the next am....must be lean & mean!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 02:12 PM   #13  
beachbum

Hum Bug!! I'm giving out pencils this year. I get into to much trouble with all that stuff hanging around. Last year Halloween with on Sat.and we got 3 small kids in the evening with ther fathers and 3 teenage boys. So what will Mon bring 2 kids if I'm lucky. Hug BB
Old 10-24-2005, 02:43 PM   #14  

Normally I'm not home on Halloween being a big kid myself! LOL, but this year...in a new state... a new home.... I gotta "make friends" and I'm giving out BIG candy.. but will pick it up that day...and only stuff I don't like (too much)..I love this holiday and have fond memories of it as a child....so I shall be "THE House" that all childruns must get candy from.... I'll let the parental units monitor their sugar intake!
Old 10-24-2005, 05:15 PM   #15  
RNMOM

Default I don't know.....

Last year I was a perfect phase 1 and had actually completed it by Halloween......then WHAMMOOO! Blew it until January....................

So, I'm going to not let myself indulge...................will buy stuff I hate and take the rest to work.....you oughtta see ER nurses take off after food
Closed Thread