Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:10 AM   #1  

Default Request for help finding a swim suit with support

Okay, I have a request for a bit of help. I joined a water aerobics class and I have two prefectly good bathing suite to wear in water. The problem is that water aerobics class requires a bit more "support" up top than my regular water activities. I need a one peice bathing suit that with support my breasts and keep them from bouncing all around. I am only a size B cup but those girls do their own thing during class. The funny thing is that both my bathing suites have a bra like think in them.
I need to know if any of you know of a place I can buy a one peice bathing suite that also has a sports type bra in it.
Also, I need one of those tops surfers wear that keep the surf board from chafing their skin. Class is held out side and people wear them to stay warmer. I freeze though the first half of class. Plus in the summer they offer sun protection.
I am hoping that while one of you were out shopping you noticed one of the items I need.
Please reply back if you have seen a "support" type bathing suit or a top to wear in the pool.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:53 AM   #2  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

being the time of year it is here all of our bathing suits and assorted summer items have already been marked down and are gone you may look at ebay and see if anyone has anything there or another place i got a swimsuit this year that was really really nice you could tell it may have been all of one time but, it had the support in it and had the little skirt around the bottom at the goodwill you may try places like that to. sorry i cant be of more help try googlin it on the internet that may help to?
Old 10-21-2005, 08:17 AM   #3  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Lands End sells a lot of really supportive one-pieces. You could check out their website. Also check their "Overstocks" section, because I bet tons of their swimsuits are on sale now.

Good luck
Old 10-21-2005, 08:25 AM   #4  
Super Star

I really like the Carol Wior slimsuits...they really suck you i and keep everything form bouncing..they are expensive...but try QVC or the shopzilla site that checks for them..in fact I thinkI am going to see if I can find some good ones..will post bakc to you!!
Old 10-21-2005, 08:35 AM   #5  
Super Star

whew..the cheapest I found was 36.00 and qvc was out of this world(like 112..awesome suits..but yow!)so it was in the Lerner catalog...might try a good old fashioned speed too. I have a pool that is why I was looking too! so try www.xhopzilla.com and plug in swimsuits or carol wior ones..
Old 10-21-2005, 08:36 AM   #6  
Super Star

whoops shopzilla..sorry
Old 11-08-2005, 03:55 PM   #7  
Getting better every day!

Default Swimsuit shopping

I have had the best luck shopping for swimsuits at Lands End-they may cost a little more, but for the way you look and feel when wearing them, it is definitely worth it.
Good luck!
Old 11-09-2005, 08:43 AM   #8  
Collie Mommie

Speedo sells some with very good support - but they can get pricey and I don't know where to get them this time of year. I am sure you can find them online somewhere.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:01 AM   #9  
Melting Mama

I'm not sure what size you are, but if you're above size 14, Junonia makes excellent swimsuits for sport.

I've been the owner of one of their aquatards for 5 years now and I can tell you - they are WARM! The fabric is thick and a little fuzzy inside. I'm not sure how their chloroban suits compare, but I've heard good things on the internet here and there. I purchased mine because I was wanted thigh coverage and it fits the bill nicely. The bra is a shelf-type bra, very secure, which goes all the way around.

The downside is that their suits are expensive, but mine has had no damage except for some stitching coming out at one of the shoulder straps (easy to fix) and the crotch seam splitting (I had gained weight, just sewed it up).

The link I posted contains the latest offer they sent to my email which is 10% off orders $50-100 and 15% off orders $100+ (ends Dec. 2). Just to clarify, I have no connection to this company besides being a happy customer and I will get no compensation for gushing about them. (I wish I did though because I am drooling over a tankini with boyshorts).

Email or call them and ask them about swimsuits and jigglage concerns and I'm sure they can help you out with a recommendation. They also sell a lot of other athletic wear for sizes from 14/16 to 38/40.
Closed Thread