Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 10-19-2005, 07:32 AM   #1  
resident lactivist

Talking Happy due date to me...

Now get out of there! It's been long enough. Your mama and daddy want to meet you, your sisters want to meet you...Mommy is sick of you resting your head on her pelvis.

Some contractions, not many. Hard to get excited over it, since I was having contractions most of the day on Sunday. But who knows, maybe the kid will decide to be on time...Prompt.

If you don't hear from me in the next few days, just assume I'm still pregnant. I've been hiding from the phone because I'm in a horrible mood and I'm really not up to my mother constantly calling to ask if I've had the baby (note to those of you newly pregnant: the idea of telling folks a birth month instead of a due date is a good one). What part of "we'll call you when the baby gets here" is hard to understand?
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:48 AM   #2  

Bless your heart. It's been so long since I've been to term with a PG. My 12 year old was 10 days over but my 10 year old twins were 15 weeks early. I won't be going late with this one either cause of a planned c-section. Good luck and maybe today will be your special day.
lakelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBigMonsterMomma
(note to those of you newly pregnant: the idea of telling folks a birth month instead of a due date is a good one).
I tried that, but I'm starting to wish I told people December, instead of November. I'm already getting the comments like "just 2 more weeks" or "not long now". Umm, I'm not due until the end of November, so it's more like 6 weeks, not 2. Oh well, lesson learned.

I hope your little one takes the hint and gets moving! (((labor)))
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Poor Sabra. I never understood why people call wanting to know if you had the baby yet. The smart-a$$ comment would be yeah, a couple of weeks ago. I've been so busy I guess I forgot I told you I would call.

Hopefully you little one will arrive on time.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:23 PM   #5  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Oh you poor sweetie. That kid WILL come out.... I don't think I've heard of one who really never did! I look forward to hearing a story from a great homebirth.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:23 PM   #6  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

{{{{hugs}}}}}
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Good luck Sabra,

We'll just sit and wait for you to let us all know. Hope it is soon. Those last couple of weeks are so uncomfortable.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:42 PM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Yeah, and for those of us that waited until the next month, we should just tell people a birth "season" and let it go at that.

I had to deal with hubby asking every half hour (during each of my trips down the hall to the bathroom), "Did your water break?"
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:52 PM   #9  
resident lactivist

Quote:
I'm already getting the comments like "just 2 more weeks" or "not long now". Umm, I'm not due until the end of November, so it's more like 6 weeks, not 2.
Yeah, I had a sneaking suspicion that would have happened if I'd just said "October." The vultures really descended at the beginning of the month.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:42 AM   #10  

all the best sabra, just think of no more indigestion, being able to drink orange juice again. And breathe...
this time when I have my baby and the nurses offer to take it for a few hours I wont refuse...enjoy the help
Wishing you a great birth
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:30 PM   #11  
Tired Mommy of Two Girls

Sabra,

We were due on the same day. When did you finally deliver? I had to be induced on the 12th and gave birth on the 13th.

Heather
hmksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:44 AM   #12  
resident lactivist

I had her on the 30th. Eleven days overdue. She's slow to get ready, just like her daddy.

But I'm really glad to be sleeping on my stomach again.