Old 10-18-2005, 11:14 AM   #1  

Default Weirdness

I am not sure if any of you have ever had this happen but I will go lets say a week of good eating and exercising. Then I will get to the weekend and I will stop eating as well *not horrible* and no exercising to really speak of and then Monday comes around and I assume I will have gained at least a little weight but instead I lost a couple of pounds. I really don't understand why this happens.

Really I just don't get how I can lose weight during times when I am eating worse then during the week when I am eating better.

Last edited by KittieCat; 10-18-2005 at 01:24 PM.
KittieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

The reason you are losing is because while you are working out you are building muscle and muscle retains water. When you let go, you let go of that water. It's the water weight you are losing.
aovercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:34 PM   #3  

I really am not sure about that because as lame as this might sound I tend to drink way way way more water when I am not working out then when I am. So I am not really sure its water weight.
KittieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:05 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

If you are eating too little calories during the week, when you eat more on the weekends your body will tend to let go of the weight easier. If not, then I don't know. But that's pretty cool. Don't question it, it might go away, haha.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I don't think you instantly lose weight eating correctly and excersising, it takes a few day to register. You might sweat out some water but it doesn't instatly disapear. Some weeks, I workout all week with no loss to show for it then the next week, I'll get back to my regular, 3 or 4 times, and I'll have a huge loss. Thats why its not good to weigh all the time becaue you want an over all look at your loss, not the daily fluxuations.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:14 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I have had the same thing happen to me before. I can have wonderful eating habits and live very healthfully or weeks and see very little weight loss, and then I'll get frustrated, so to Mcdonald's (or Wendy's or order Chinese or have a ton of pizza--you name it), and then that week, I'll actually LOSE more! I will never understand it, and I cannot completely explain it, but I know it only happens when those bad eating days don't last too long--like if I did it for a few weeks in a row, I would surely gain. I think it just wakes up our bodies, ya know? They say that to break a palteau, you should change your eating and/or exercise habits to shake things up, so I think that has something to do with it--you start feeding your body more junk food at a point when it has become used to much less, and it is therefore more efficient at burning that junk than it was before. However, it won't be able to keep up for long, so we have to get back on track before the bad eating takes its toll!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittieCat
I am not sure if any of you have ever had this happen but I will go lets say a week of good eating and exercising. Then I will get to the weekend and I will stop eating as well *not horrible* and no exercising to really speak of.
Nope, never, uh uh, not me.....Well maybe....Once in a while....Ok, alright almost every weekend.

Have to agree with Jennie and Jillybean here. I think your loss is just the weeks good eating and excercise catching up to you. Although I agree that mixing up your excercise and cals a bit like Jillybean mentions keeps your bidy "on its toes" so to speak.

If whatever you are doing is working why change it.

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:52 AM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittieCat
I really am not sure about that because as lame as this might sound I tend to drink way way way more water when I am not working out then when I am. So I am not really sure its water weight.
I think you hit it on the nose here! If you are not drinking water during the week, your body will RETAIN all the water it can get because it needs to be hydrated... When you drink your water on the weekend you are flushing all the water out of your body and on Monday mornings you are weighing less... It's a mystery I know, but be happy you are not gaining on the weekend, like most of us do
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote