Old 10-18-2005, 07:05 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Daily Chat-Tuesday 10/18

Lottie: I've heard of the "Golden Shot" and wondered if that was my problem also or just lack of motivation. I had done good for 2 weeks straight and SHOULD have lost weight but didn't--so maybe it was that "golden shot" theory also. Just means we'll have to work harder, huh??

Well, Got my water in....but had some peanuts last night. I'm DEFINITELY going to have to get some pistacchios or some legal foods. I guess I see the unknown weekend looming over me and it's giving me the "why bother" attitude. As in "why bother going strict induction when it'll be broken this weekend and then have to start over again next week." So I'm doing OP this week WITH water and next week it's induction. Sounds like a good place to start to me
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:06 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Goofed on the date for the thread
Old 10-18-2005, 07:09 AM   #3  
Atkins Lover

Morning all!

Brenda, you can do this!! I'm holding you to the induction next week. I have also heard the bit about it working well once and then not as well the times after. Maybe you are right that we just have to try harder.

Today's Plan: I have done 10 minutes of workout already and had my shake. I will do Body Flex when I get home from my downlines open house tonight. I will put my food plan in the daily food log for all to comment on.

Have a great day chickies!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:40 AM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hi Brenda and Bec and all to come

I am still MIA, doing ok on the eating and trying heard to get exercise.

The pup takes up a lot of tie and she is not as good on a leash as I ould like her to be. Happier to walk back than out into the unknown. I did manage to take her on a few walks yesterday, the first without rain in 14 days!

Rain again this morning. Workinig this afternoon, puppy class tonight and my mother is coming for a visit tomorrow, work on thursday....life just happens...

have a good one ladies!
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

Happy Tuesday everyone! So I've been adding nuts in this week and I think I need to leave them be, I'm starting to stall out. Only 9 days until I go see my husband!!!!! I can't wait. I think I replaced my eating habit with a bad shopping habit LOL.
aovercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:25 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning!

Audrey~ how exciting....where are you going to see him? Is he coming home for a visit? Or are you going to get a mini vacation too?

L~ I love your avatar!! Your puppy is so cute!

Lottie~ Ive heard about the golden shot too....I dont particularly believe it. My 1st 2 weeks of strict induction always pull between 10 & 16 lbs out of me...depending on how badly I had behaved while I was off. If your only eating meat and broccoli...you may not be getting enough calories. But if your loosing 1-2 lbs a week, then your doing good!

Ive been out and about already today. Hit the walmart...Im really starting to dislike that place. Then started my mission of trying to find my running shoes. I really dont understand why size 11's are so hard to find. If they are one of the first to sell out of the store.....wouldnt they carry more??? So, Im still wearing my old ones, with the soles flipping back all the time. Why dont I try another pair? Because I love these ones!! Comfy, and I can pull the size right off the shelf, and not even bother to try them on. They just work! Oh well...Im going to see if I can find them online.

Dh and I got the ski-doo job!! Im so excited, he wants flames and skulls!! I have the hood parts in the back of the truck...hopefully we will get started on those tomorrow.

Thats about it around here...have a great day everyone
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:30 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Bec: I agree--we'll have to try harder. I don't know about you but I FEEL better when I've been OP rather than eating the junk carbs. That should tell me something, huh?

L: That puppy looks SO adorable! And I remember the puppy stage and trying to get it trained. Our dog refused to get trained for leash or fetch Have fun!

Audrey: Going to see DH!! How exciting! Hope all goes well and enjoy your visit with him!! Shopping huh? Want to shop for me (I hate shopping for myself)??

Well, I've got 1/2 my water intake in today Thinking the shake idea sounds better and better all the time. But won't have a chance to get anything for it until next week. So it'll have to wait (and won't be induction friendly anyway. lol)
Old 10-18-2005, 11:32 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Robin: Sounds exciting (the ski doo). And I wish I could find shoes that were comfy all the time. Every time I find a brand/style I like they don't make them anymore! Then I have to buy 3 other pairs before finding one that feels good again. Good luck finding them!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:09 PM   #9  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Red face

hi guys! I've been bailing out, not accounting for myself which has lead to over eating.

Congratulations to everyone who has lost...way to go!!

Audrey, that's so exciting that you're finally getting to see him. How long has it been?

Friday I found a 'low carb' nestle baby ruth. I ate it and I really liked it so I know it's no good. I also drank two mikes hard lemonade because no one in Oklahoma stocks the mikes 1 carb which really sucks. So needless to say I'm bloaty and whiney but glad that I came in here, you are all so inspirational

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

It's been 12 stinkin' weeks! LOL, I'm hoping I knock his socks off. I'm flying from Kansas City to Columbia, SC to see him. I will leave a week from tomorrow and come back that Sunday. I haven't gotten to talk to him in two weeks, so I'm dying just to hug him!
aovercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:55 PM   #11  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

I cannot imagine! I get upset when dh is gone more than a couple of days. I'd be freaking out if I had to be away from him for a long time! We had a long distance (1000 mile) relationship for a long time, finally he moved from Ohio to Oklahoma to be with me
How much have you lost since seeing him last? I bet he will be thrilled!! How exciting, and what an awesome surprise for him

ETA: I walked a little this evening, you guys are so inspiring, I MUST make it a goal to come in here at least once a day

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:22 AM   #12  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

i've been off my diet, sunday through tuesday. I start back tomorrow, i was visiiting family and they were all about pasta and potatos, but i am back on asap!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote