View Poll Results: Would you post an online food journal?
Never in a million years - the shame! 1 5.88%
I could possibly be persuaded... 10 58.82%
Yes, definitely, BRILLIANT idea! 5 29.41%
Already have one (tell us where it is!) 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 04:51 AM   #1  
flibbertobbergenie!

Unhappy Habby Thubsday

Good morning, ladies! Stacey, Kim, I am 100% sympathetic re: allergies, we have a record high pollen count here at the mo and I am so snotty you wouldn't believe. Poor me. Room full of tissues, but fortunately no dogs, so at least they stay in the bin Until I kick the bin over in the middle of the night, that is ...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, went jogging this morning, but only managed 20mins and had to stop because the snot was streaming (TMI?!) and my head was stuffy. I HATE THIS - the worst thing is, I got hayfever for the first time EVER last year, so I am totally not used to it and feel very sorry for myself. And perhaps running round a meadow in the early morning wasn't the brightest idea in the world ... But I am looking forward to the 5k at the weekend because it's not till about 11am, so hopefully the busy little bees will have taken the pollen away by then. Running in sunglasses helps too

Jen, I love your idea about posting journals and I also checked out the site you suggested www.fitday.com - it's cool! I have started a journal, I will add it to my sig. It does all sorts of things for you, even works out nutrients, etc.

Ok, gotta go and work now.
Later, 'gators!

Lxxx
Old 06-21-2001, 05:55 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

i'm a bit sniffy too - damn flowers! hopefully i'll be ok for the race too....can we walk if it gets too much!?

busy finishing a feature on multiverses right now (don't ask). be with you girls in a few hours. wish me luck - i'm going bikini hunting at lunch time...

oh and i've booked my cruise now! HOORAY! not till oct, but i can't wait.

HELLO to lolly and everyone who is going to post and entertain us with gossip and news.

kirsty
Old 06-21-2001, 07:09 AM   #3  
flibbertobbergenie!

Thumbs down

Hey K! Sorry to hear you're sniffy too. Maybe we will need to take bumbags full of tissues to the race??? And yes, we will def walk if we need to (sometimes a good idea about halfway through to get a second wind).

I have just spent half a morning playing with that fitday.com site. It does pie charts of nutritional analysis, which is v useful for making sure you are eating the right sorts of things. Also does exercise - 3 different levels of hochmagandy!!!

Lxxx
Old 06-21-2001, 08:57 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Girls
I have a Journal on fitday I just havent really used it much i'll get right on it as soon as i eat. It might keep me honest I also have to reread ie reindoctrinate myself into my WW stuff
Today im in Allergy he|| my head nose throat and stomach UGH
I have to grab some breakfast BBIab
Old 06-21-2001, 09:03 AM   #5  

Hi Everyone! <<yawns>> Gosh I am sooo tired. I have no real excuse to be either since I went to bed fairly early last night. I did something very impulsive last night...ordered a new computer from Dell. I had been planning on getting one but last night I just went and did it! I'm excited tho... should be nice. Other than that there's not really anything new. I did horribly the last couple of days on food tho I've been drinking my water... it's always one or the other, not both. Exercise has been nonexistant... I really need to go to the gym... it's been so hot out that I have no motivation to even go outside, let alone do anything physically exerting. Anyways... just wanted to say good morning to you and I hope you all have a wonderful day
Old 06-21-2001, 09:08 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Pollen count low here because it is yet again... RAINING!!!! Uggghhhh. I am glad everyone (OK, some of us) are finding that site useful. I have heard good and bad about the WW one, so I figure, why not use something that is FREE! I also used to track my info at www.dietwatch.com. Between those 2 free sites, there should be tons of info!

Went walking again this morning with the crazy Sadie. She even likes to grab dirty rotten garbage Kleenex that are laying on the ground. Ughhh.

Kierie... I was looking for my choaker collar and can't find it. But I have a smaller size one too that doesn't fit Sadie anymore. I only use the choaker when we walk... mostly because then she is a good girl for me. She is strange. The last 3 days I have had to walk her with her normal collar. Yesterday she almost pulled me out of my shoes trying to get a rabbit. She is way too strong.

Lolly and Kirsty... Good luck at the race. You are lucky that you can so it together. I need a partner like that!

Well, gotta get to work!!
Old 06-21-2001, 09:48 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey jen i might need 2 choke collars one for me and one for my dog murph who has a lil tinky problem any hints?
Old 06-21-2001, 09:58 AM   #8  
Parrothead

Default Hello!

Hi ya'll and good morning. I am so tired this morning because I went to happy hour last night and it turned into happy all-night-long. I have made a resolve to give up drinking til my next WI.

Well, I maintained yesterday. I am happy about that because we drank and ate all weekend long and I didn't exercise at all. I am planning on going to the gym today and Friday. Also, I am getting back on the journaling band wagon and writing down everything. So far so good since I've only had a Luna bar today and I brought a Lean Cuisine for lunch. If I can only pass on the snack room I'll be good.

DH and I are moving to a new apartment that has a full gym and aerobics classes. I can't wait! Hopefully I'll be more inclined to go with the better equipment.

I hope all of you with allergies are feeling better. I need to get to the doctor and see what allergies I have. I think I'm bad with pollen, cedar, and mold (all are very high in Austin).

Oh and DH and I went to the restaurant that the Bush girls got busted in. We had to get a margarita just to commemorate the event. I think its too funny what a big deal everyone is making of it. I remember trying to by alcohol when I was 19 also!

Jen ~ Your pup sounds so cute. When I had a dog she would walk us instead of the other way around.

Shaylene ~ I feel your pain. I can barely keep my eyes open!

Kirsty and Lolly ~ I am so impressed at your dedication to running. I can only walk since I had reconstruction on my ankle. Good luck with the race!

Well I have to get to work (boo hiss). I'll check in later!
Kay
Old 06-21-2001, 10:07 AM   #9  
Proud Mama

Thumbs down Mornin' ladies!

Well, my interview is at 2pm today so please wish me luck! I'm not sure if I want the job, but I'm certainly sure I want to be offered the job!

I'm off work today... actually I'm off until Monday, July 2nd, with the exception of Monday when I'm going to a seminar! We're remodeling our kitchen this week. Unfortunately, it wont be finished by the end of the week due to lack of materials and a pissy contractor that wont call back to schedule the window! Grrr. It should be done in about a month... Any tips on how to cope without a kitchen sink for a month?? I fear that McDonalds, pizza, and other assorted take-outs are going to seriously derail my WW efforts!

Not that I've been putting any effort into WW lately... About two weeks ago I fell off the wagon and I just can't seem to climb back on... It's sooooo easy to get out of the swing of things, and for me, it's so difficult to get back into the routine. I'm totally and completely off program. But I NEED to get back on the wagon, cause I don't want to gain back the few piddly pounds I managed to lose!

KIRSTY! Congratulations on the job!!! I'm soooo happy for you! So, when do you start (and were you sure to tell them that you want vacation in October for your cruise??)

Ok, I gotta jet. I need to get to the grocery shopping with enough time to spare to get home, get changed, and get to my interview. I've wasted the entire morning already!!!

TTYS!
Old 06-21-2001, 10:27 AM   #10  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey Girls, This is so fun. I love reading all ofthe posts. All or our different personalities and senses of humor are hysterical.
Jen the dog collar thing cracks me up!

Kirsty Bathing Suit shopping woo hoo. Despite that fact that Idon't look great in one I love shopping for them. I wear a tankini but when I get to goal I am going to buy and expensive bikini as a reward. I get them now but I refuse to spend a lot of money if I am just going to obsess about how bad I think I look. Ya know?!

Shalyne- I know what you mean about one thing or the other. I have eaten badly the past 2 days but I've worked out. I hate that!

Lolly and Kieri-Sorry about allergy ****. Have you guys ever taken ALLEGRA-D It has cured me. Well I just take one at night and one in the am and I have no problems. They are a GOD send.

Kay- Sounds like a fun night. I haven't really heard a lot about hte Bush girls. I guess being out fo the country for a wk puts you out of the loop. I will have to catch up. I am obviously not big into current events. I know that I should be.

I will check in later,
Becky
Old 06-21-2001, 10:34 AM   #11  
Scotland's finest export

we can drink at 18 over here! i think it's mad that you can't drink in the states till you're over 21 (and 19 in canada i think?)! i've been in pubs since i was about 16/17 (being tall has its advantages). but then you guys can drive at 16 and we have to wait till 17.
i am now the proud owner of a very small string bikini. for some strange reason it was the most flattering on me. all the other bikini bottoms dig in in the wrong places and so i end up looking fatter with bits squidging out where they shouldn't! however, i doubt i'll be doing anything very athletic in it! BF is v eager for a preview. men!
hi to everyone, boss coming, must go,
kirsty
Old 06-21-2001, 10:49 AM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Keirie... if your dog is tinkling in the house, I feel for you. We potty trained Sadie by catching her in the act, scolding her and putting her outside. Also, you can buy potty training mats to lay down. Oh and we bought this carpet cleaner called STUPEED DOG, it left a smell that the dogs don't like and makes them think twice about pottying in the house. Sometimes she does get lazy and goes to the basement and poops. But that doesn't happen often... thank God!!!

I am buying a bikini this fall for when we go the Florida. I HOPE I look good in it. I like Kirsty, am tall, so I can hide my weight better! Shewwww! But hubby is looking foward to my new bikini. I have one now and he likes it, but I HATE it. I bought it cheap because I needed the top from it.. it's HOT PINK... bluchhhh!

Ugghhhh, back to work!
Old 06-21-2001, 11:03 AM   #13  
flibbertobbergenie!

Eeeeeeeeeuw, pet piddles and poos - my cat poos in the bath if we're out and she's caught short, and once she pooed in my Dad's shoe, which makes me wonder about her psychological health, given that she ADORES his shoes and sits with her head inside them (we think it's the leather smell) - I mean, if that's how she expresses devotion, I need to start worrying

Haven't had a bikini since I was about 10 ... but then I haven't even worn the new swimming cossie I bought last summer yet. Not sure the world is ready to see me in a bikini just yet, but I will def think about it for the honeymoon (a year to go!).

BTW Jen, THANK YOU for putting me onto the fitday site, I love it but I am wasting so much time there today! I am going to have to be v v v strict with myself I think or no work is going to get done EVER

Hi everyone else - Becky, glad the holiday was FAB, I'm jealous you lucky thing. Janet - GOOD LUCK!!! I will send 'HIRE JANET' vibes in your direction. Kierie - SYMPATHY re: allergies and GO AND PLAY WITH THE DIARY!!! kay - new apartment? When do you move? Wow, a gym and classes would be fab. I don't think we have that kind of apartment here (Kirsty? am I wrong?).

hugs,
Lxxx
Old 06-21-2001, 11:05 AM   #14  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Stranded in WY/SD

Well, our flight home this afternoon is already an hour and a half delayed. We may have to end up spending the night in Rapid City and going home tomorrow. I'm not a happy camper. I have PL work I needed to do tonight!! Ah well. A tornado hit blocks from where are cars are parked. I'm very worried. If there's on thing I don't deal well with it's car issues. Yeah, our 'all weather airport' has come through for us again. What an idiot to build it right on the plains where Colorado gets all the tornadoes Better get off but just wanted to say hi while I had the opportunity. *hugs*
Old 06-21-2001, 11:11 AM   #15  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hey everyone...still sick. Now my snot is green so I think I have a Sinus Infection. Yucky!!
Super busy at work so I'll lurk today.
I hope everyone has a great day!!!!
Tomorrow is Friday! Yippeeeee!!!!!!
Closed Thread