South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 04:37 PM   #1  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Question Triscuit Thin Crisps

Is anyone else eating the Triscuit Thin Crisps? They taste really salty to me so the sodium count is probably to high. The serving size is 15 crackers but I don't think I have ever eaten more than 5-8 because they are really filling. What do you long timers think? To much salt or fat?

Triscuit Thin Crisps (Baked Whole Grain Wheat Cracker)
Ingredients:
Whole Wheat
Soybean Oil
Salt
Monoglycerides

Nutrition Facts
Serving size 15 crackers
Calories - 130
Fat - 5g
Sat fat - 1
no trans fat
poly fat - 2.5g
mono fat - 1g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 180mg
Carbs - 21g
Fiber - 3g
Sugar - 0g
Protein - 3g

Does someone have any other suggestions for crackers? I don't eat very many very often but it would be nice to have something in the pantry that when someone stops by I could whip up cheese and crackers really quick and be able to have a few myself.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:41 PM   #2  
Kyemom

I eat them!!!! & the roasted garlic ones too!
Old 10-14-2005, 05:24 PM   #3  

I eat them and the Reduced Fat Triscuits occasionally but most of the time I don't want something that salty.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:02 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Karla, they seem fine to me. The fat is a little bit high, but there's almost no saturated fat, so it's not something to worry hard about. I love salt, so I've never thought of them as particularly salty...but it's good that you're aware of that!

There are tons of crackers out there that seem SBD safe to me, Karla. Here are some that come off the top of my head--check ingredients to be sure they are still okay or to find the kinds that are okay...sometimes some parts of the same brand have different ingredients.

TLC (Tasty Little Crackers) made by Kashi
Triscuits (prefer the reduced fat ones)
Stoned Wheat Thins (these look kind of like saltines, but rectangular, like club crackers...they are NOT regular wheat thins but are very yummy!)
RyKrisps
RyeVita (I think?)
Possibly Lavosh (check to be sure)
Other flatbreads...there's a Swedish brand we used to have as kids that should be okay, I think...
Annie's Wheat Bunnies and Cheese Bunnies (I think they have a new flavor out now...BBQ cheese bunnies maybe? Not sure if that one is okay)

At Christmas, I made up a cheese and cracker tray and made sure that all the crackers were ones I could have. I was able to get seven totally different kinds. Make sure you check your local Whole Foods/Trader Joe's/Nature's Market(Wegman's)/Organic food supplier. Most of the crackers I found were in that section of our supermarket...with the organic/health food.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:26 AM   #5  
Started SBD 1/26/04

I'm glad to see other chicks eating them also and that they agree that they are pretty salty. I will have to see if I can find any other flavors.

Laurie thanks for the listing of all of the crackers. I have tried the Stone Ground Wheat crackers but they are very bad for me because I like them to well and can't just stop at a couple. I will see if I can find any of the others on the list. Our stores don't have a very big organic section (live in the land of he men and meat and potatoes) but I will see if I can find any crackers there the next time I go to the store.

Thanks for all of your help ladies.
Closed Thread