Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-13-2005, 08:49 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Thursday Chat - October 13th

Good Morning

How is everyone today?

ITS STILL SOGGY HERE !!! lots of flooding but after what happened down south I really shouldn't complain.

Whats shakin ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:44 AM   #2  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Good Morning to everyone. I fell off plan so hard yesterday!! I was doing really well until just after lunch. Hubby had to go to court for a speeding ticket yesterday and was SUPPOSED to go to work after. Well he came home instead to spend the day with me. that was great except we had to go to the store. The deli had their food out and it smelled so good!! I brokedown! I ate 6 potatoe wedges (deep fried) and 2 huge chicken flauta's (shredded chicken, cheese, and diced tomatoe with green chilli's wrapped in a large flour tortilla and deep fried). Then there's the reason we went to the store. Hubby's office is having a party at work today for the boss. He's being transferred after being with them for almost 10 years so they wanted to do something for him. We decided to make my cheese dip (which is famous at hubby's job. Everytime any of the groups have a party they invite hubby so that he'll bring it, and there are thousands of people that work there so I stopped making it for a long time cause I was making it twice a week for a while) We haven't made it for them in about 2 years so we thought it would be a nice thing to do. Well I ended up making some for us too and this stuff is soooo fatening but so good. But that's what we had for dinner. Anyway today is another day. And even though i fell off plan I am in a good mood cause I had a good day spending time with DH!
TOM is here and surprisingly I'm not craving chocolate. I'm craving pancakes?! I am resisting though. I have a list about as long as my arm to get done today and as ususal I am procratinating.

Adrienne-don't you dare let anybody tell you where you can or can't go, online or anywhere else for that matter. If she has a problem then it's her problem not your's and she can go somewhere else!!

Still raining here! I'm starting to wonder if I should invest in a boat. I live in Gloucester, VA. It's about an hour north of Newport News VA or about 2 to 2 1/12 hours north of VA beach. it's about 3 hours south of DC i think. Well I'm off to try and get motivated to get things done. I'll check back later.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #3  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

G'mornin Leenie and timmyshawn

I am on my first cup of coffee and doing pretty well. Have stayed on plan fairly well since Monday, just one of many 'first days'. BF is on low-fat low-sodium diet for his heart and while he isn't measuring portions it is making it easier for us both to eat healthy and yet for me to be able to push off the greater amount of food on him instead of me. There is no reason that when he is over half a foot taller than me we need to worry so much about splitting everything in half.

Also purchased some new low-calorie snacks the other day to try. I had a skinny cow ice cream sandwich last night and it was pretty good. Know some people haven't been real impressed with them, but for 110 calories or whatever it is it does a good job at satisfying my ice cream craving. Also trying to actually eat something in the mornings to get my metabolism going. I don't really like eating meals during the day, prefer to eat really lightly (which has sometimes come back to kick me when I let myself get too hungry and binge on dinner and dessert) but had one of those 100 calorie snack packs for breakfast this morning before coffee. It isn't the best but it was a start. Going to see if I can get in some walking today at work as well. Hope all you gals are doing well, and here is to hoping this Thursday is a day where we all get in a good laugh
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:45 PM   #4  
CIN

CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 02:07 PM   #5  
Divine Gal

Hello Ladies.
I am from Burton, Ohio which is in Geauga county.Had a very intense therapy session today.My therapist and psychiatrist are very pleased with my progress.

Hope everyone has a good day.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:21 PM   #6  

Talking

Good evening Leenie

I'm a little down, today. I've been trying to stay OP, but it's been hard. I had an English muffin and a pear, but then my DH went to and got me an Egg McMuffin. At least he was thinking about me.

It's been gray and dreary and drizzly here today. At least it's not soggy!!! Some places in the area had flooding, but we did not. But you're right, after what's happened down south we really shouldn't complain.

Hi Heather!! Sorry you fell off plan hard yesterday. At least you were doing well until after lunch!

Heather-thanks for your support. She has the problem of not wanting anyone to know that we are family and after she told me she wanted me off of her thread, I reacted and got mad and let it out that not only had she kicked me off the thread but that she was my Godsister. Is there some rule that relatives can't be on the same thread? Or is it just her? I don't know! But thanks for your support.

It's still gray here and drizzling here. We live on a hill so we haven't thought about investing in a boat. I'm not familiar with Gloucester. Did you ever get motivated to get things done? I haven't really yet. I'll check back later too!

Adrienne
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:39 PM   #7  

G'evening bleus4miles! I didn't mean to post without saying hi to you, but I hit the key by accident! Glad to hear that you are doing pretty well! Yeah! You have stayed OP fairly well since Monday! I can relate to the ice cream craving. I keep Healthy Choice in the freezer when I can't find the SlimFast ones. Boy do I need to get my metabolism going! I look like I'm pregnant, but I'm not! I also can relate to binging on dinner and dessert! Did you get in some walking at work today? Hope you are doing well I'm still waiting to get in a good laugh........

Hi CIN!! I guess you got in a good laugh!

Hello Lynnie!! I am from Akron, Ohio, but I now live here in D.C. I'm very familiar with Geauga county. So, how was your very intense therapy session today? Glad to hear that your therapist and psychiatrist are very pleased with your progress! BTW I love your avatar!

Hope you had a good day. I'm kinda just hanging in there.........

Thanks for the hugs.

*hugs* back to you, homegirl,

Casper
Old 10-13-2005, 07:57 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Casper – hello!! And if I hadn’t said it already… WELCOME! Thanks for the encouraging words in your post Tuesday… I took French as well LOL 2 years, then I took 3 years of Sign Language… not really years but semesters hehehe… I’m working towards my second degree right now… this is for teaching… teach math in lower levels and hoping to work my way up to university or college level and put my graphics degree to use and teacher computer design.

A lot of new faces around here! WELCOME to everyone!

I didn’t do to much replying this time again, but I do what you to know I’m trying to keep up with you all and am going to try to chat regularly!

Take care everyone…. I got a midterm I need to be at heheh!

Smooches!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:44 PM   #9  

Sue - hello!! Thanks for the Welcome! You're welcome for the encouraging words in my post on Tuesday. So, you took French too? 2 years of french and 3 of sign language - can you sign in french? I have a brother-in-law who does graphics design.

Good luck on you midterm!

Take care back at ya!

Smooches back at ya too!

Casper (Adrienne)
Old 10-13-2005, 10:22 PM   #10  
I CAN DO THIS

Hello Ladies,

Just popping in to say hello.. Have alot on my mind and I'm ready to blow.. I am going to go see my doctor tomorrow and see if she can refer me to a therapist. I seriously need some counseling with everything that is going on right now.

Along with that I am sick.. fever, cough, chills, sweats, broncitis, ear infection, and then some. the 3FC virus is still going around. I think everyone is getting it.. So I've given up my diet and exercise for the moment.. I have little to no appetite.

Hope Everyone has a good evening.

/hugs
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:31 PM   #11  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, Adrienne, I've got to agree with everyone on the issue wth the Godsister. She's the one with the problem, not you. If you like that thread, keep posting there. But of course, stay here too.

SueMarie, good luck on the midterm. Why are you giving up graphic design. I think that would be so fun.

Leenie, no boat needed here. The desert does have some advantages.

Casper, if you figure out how to increase your metabolism, please share with us. What I'd give for a miracle diet, but there doesn't seem to be such a thing. If there was, I'd have found it by now - I'm always looking for an easy way to lose weight.

Lynnie, that's great news that youre seeing progress in therapy. I'm really happy for you.

Blues, I too have found that giving DH bigger portions than mine helps me cut down. Heck they'll never know.

Hi there CIN. How's your week going?

Timmy, sorry to here about the trip to the deli. Grocery stores are just plain dangerous. The cheese dip sounds good. I love tortilla chips and melted cheese.

This week has gone pretty good. I've made an effort to leave my frustrations with work at work and it's paying off. I'm in a lot better mood in the evenings. I haven't been great eating wise, but I've been exercising regularly. I even went for my walk without DS's GF (we go together but she wasn't home). It would have been easy to blow it off and I didn't. So I'm proud of me.

Well, I'll chat with you tomorrow. I just love Fridays!!!!!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:32 PM   #12  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Ashlie, I hope you feel better. good for you in asking the dr. for help.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote