General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:51 PM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Default Off Topic- Can anyone recommend a GOOD age defying cream?

Im only 35 but am noticing laugh lines and those dreaded lines by your eyes..I want to get a regimen going to make my aging more graceful I went to Sephora last night..only about 600 products to chose from- LOL! Can anyone make a personal recommendation or point me in the way of a site that reviews such products, etc? Thanks!
Cathy
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:16 PM   #2  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

That depends on how much you want to spend.

As someone who formerly worked in the cosmetic industry, and still loves cosmetics and trying new products, I can say that, for the most part, you get what you pay for.

CAVEAT: If you already take great care of your skin, even the best product on the market isn't going to make that much of a difference. However, if you're used to being "low-maintenance" as far as your skin's concerned, any decent product will help. That said...

The best anti-wrinkle line I have seen is the Resolution-D Contraxol line from Lancôme. I bought my mom (who was of the low-maintenance) the moisturizer and the eye cream (they also have a concentrate and other products that can be used in combination), and there was such a difference in her skin in just a few weeks that customers at her job were asking what she had done to her skin.

I will say, though, that Resolution has been known to cause a bit of irritation for people with very sensitive skin. It is *strong.* If you have concerns, go to the Lancôme counter and ask for a small sample. (You can tell them a Lancôme regional manager--you don't have to mention that I'm a *former* manager--told you to sample before you buy to test for sensitivity ) They should be happy to help you, and if they're not you shouldn't bother to buy from them anyway (I'm a real stickler for customer service!).

Resolution, when I left the industry, ran about $51 for the eye cream and $68 for the moisturizer, which should last 4-6 months.

If you have drier skin I would recommend Lancôme's Renergie or Absolue, but neither of them is quite as good on fine lines (although they're both still good products). Estee Lauder just came out with an Idealist eye cream that's good, and their Advanced Night Repair is wonderful, if a little sticky.

Do NOT buy the Strivectin-SD products, at least not at full price. It's really not incredibly effective, and you can get the same exact stuff at Sally's or any beauty supply store for around $20. But it's definitely not worth the $135 they're charging for it, and it's not even a moisturizer, so you still have to buy something else... *sigh*

For cheaper products: RoC makes wonderful products for the price range. Nivea makes some good stuff too, particularly the Q10. L'oreal's Renoviste is good, but I'm not sure if it comes in an eye cream. L'oreal has decent products in general.

Now that I've typed all of this out, I think that the best advice I can give you is to ask someone at that Sephora store or any beauty counter. They are there to help you! Again, if someone isn't helpful, doesn't seem to know what they're talking about, or seems like they're pushing products on you, don't buy anything from them! There are sales people out there who geniunely want to help you find the right product.

Anyway, I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:20 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

WOW- thats some great info- Ill go check out Lancome! Thanks for taking the time
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:27 PM   #4  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Not a problem! I love talking about cosmetics, generally to anyone who will listen!
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:48 PM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

I prefer Philosphy "Help Me" retinol cream....I use is intermittently with a regime of glycolic acid peel (30-40% strength)...(platinumskincare website)
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote