South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 05:51 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking Wednesday Chick Chat

Hi Ladies
Last night I was about halfway off my beachtowel ok indeed totally It was one item. And it's no excuse to stay off the beachtowel I worked out for an hour yesterday and I'm going to do some Leslie Sansone after work.
bbl off to the showers!
Kierie
Old 10-12-2005, 06:46 AM   #2  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good Morning, chickies!! Hi, KO. Looks like we're the early birds this morning. Hope everyone had a great day yesterday. I teach at 8 and then it's back home to do laundry and clean house then back to the lab to do some work. Fun fun : D ! I'll check back in in a few hours.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:53 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Slept until now! Need to do dogs, coffee and garbage out to the road and then I'll be back.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:56 AM   #4  

KO, One slip up is NOTHING! A least it wasn't a full-fledged binge

I'm keeping myself steady at 187 and still going for 184 by Oct 31.

Yesterday one of my clients lovingly brought me a bag of Good N Plenty Now, you have to understand that for me, G-N-P is to candy what heroin is to a junkie I looked at that bag on my desk all day broke out in a sweat every time I looked at it picked up the bag twice and sniffed it played with the malevolent pink and white morsels just to feeling them move between my fingers...

...and I gave the bag to my son when I picked him up from school

How are all my beachy buds today???
Old 10-12-2005, 07:24 AM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

One tired Beach Babe here. Had a STAT call after work yesterday. Came home, fell into bed, was awakened out of a dead sleep by the dogs going bonkers over whatever at 12 something, and then woke up again at 3:00 to do the nursing home. Yeesh!

Still not back on the Beach. My body isn't fully accepting veggies yet for some reason. Cooked to death green beans and carrots are okay, but nothing remotely raw is acceptable. But, I'm back on dairy. I ate my All Bran yesterday am with no repercussions. No more Cream of Wheat. Yay!

I'm shooting for Monday to be back, sitting on my towel with the rest of you.

Okay, gotta go get my breakfast eaten and shower out of the way.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:29 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Yet again only this time I'm not in Jammies and I'm breakfasted and Caffienated! or becoming Caffienated
Pear you are one busy babe today. . .you are a PHD student right? in bio/chem?
Ruth you deserve a Lie in!
Tara You have an iron will I would have sniffed it (or indeed my version of Heroin Chocolate) and had some by the end of the day. My oct goal is 184 too we're gonna do it!
Mama Veggies are always the hardest to go back too Hooray for All Bran!

So Theres a guy named Noah outside my office collecting animals 2 by 2 He offered me a ride but I'm not really into cruising Its raining dinos outside and we're under a flood watch
I wanted cereal for breakfast so I could go back to celebrating ahem but dh drank all the milk So My devious mind had a brilliant idea I mixed Kashi 7 grain with wheat germ and cinamon and splenda put in a packet of instant oats at work added boiling water and it was soo good! and Fiberlicious and about 230 calories I have to double check the cereal and wheat germ for their fiber content
I think I want to get some pumpkin spice to put in next time
Its not ph 1 but it works this morning!
bbl
Kierie
Oddly bright eyed and busy tailed!
Old 10-12-2005, 08:30 AM   #7  

I made those quiche cups to go yesterday. They are really small.I followed the recipe exactly, made 12. they are about a 1/2 inch thick, in a muffin pan. IS this right, I know 2 are a serving. They would barely take the edge off of my hunger. I had 2 for lunch with a whole yellow pepper sliced up. It wasn't enough.
Did I do them right?
Old 10-12-2005, 08:30 AM   #8  

Good morning ladies,

I am back to the gym sometime today. As long as my brother doesn't need me to watch my neice, it will be smooth sailing. Eating has been horrible. I started this morning so hopefully I will gain control again. I am surprised that when I do get off of my towel, I don't go CRAZY! I haven't gained any, so if I just get back to the gym and eating on program, my short term goal of 150 by Thanksgiving can still happen.

I made the Shepherd's pie from the phase 1 recipes. It was a rave at my house. I will be making that one again. Even the non-SBDers loved it! I was able to get my son to eat two servings. (I made him eat a serving before he was allowed that evil macaroni and cheese! He ate the other serving on his own. I placed it on his plate just in case.)

Well, I've got to get some work done. My egg beaters are not doing me too well this morning. I have got to start getting up to make some alternatives.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:32 AM   #9  
Kyemom

Tara- great job with the willpower!!
Ruth- Moning to you and those sweet girls...I am looking for a male to finish my doggie family!!
Mama- Get some rest hon
Pear- hope you have a beachy day! Wanna come clean my house too??
KO- Get back on your towel!!!!
Me- I am fine....busy week! I decided to do my argument paper on Home Owner Insurance companies rejecting or cancelling peoples insurance do to Breed Specific Dogs!! Thanks for all of the ideas of topics!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:22 AM   #10  

Good morning, chicks. Last night was our committee meeting so I need to find time to time up the minutes and email them out (while working). I volunteered to teach the music beltloop at our campout in a week and a half so I need to look up the requirements and make sure I have what I need. Lots of stuff going on as usual.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:36 AM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Going to make this fast also,have a lot to do this morning,and will be out for the rest of the day. Have a good one and I see you tomorrow.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-12-2005 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

JUst a drive by as well ... I've got my friend visiting today and we're gonna run some errands after the boys are all cleaned up and stuff.

Hugs-n-love to all!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:48 AM   #13  
Heather

Good morning! I skipped running again today (yesterday too) I run in the wee morning and its pitch black out there. I take my dog but also like to have pepper spray for any critter that might want to pounce on us. Well, I used that as an excuse this morning, I am almost out of pepper spray since I had to shoo a loose dog off a couple of weeks ago with it ( I didnt spray him, just in his general direction and he ran off). What is left will only make a critter mad. So I think I will go buy another can of it so I dont have that excuse anymore!
I have been doing well staying on track, into week 2 of phase 1. I dont own a scale so I havent weighed myself since last weekend. My clothes are getting looser, thats a good sign I no longer feel so blah as I did last week- thats nice I am doing SB with a couple girls I work with, the support is SO valuable! Let me tell ya!
Its nice to have this forum too, I can only be here while at work, so thats tough.
Until next time, take care girls
Old 10-12-2005, 11:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' Ya'll

Pear--you sound so busy today, that's what I need to get doing is cleaning!!
Tara--your willpower is great!!!
Mama--hope you get feeling better everyday
KO--that breakfast sounds delish, pumpkin spice would be great!!!
DJett--I've been wanting to try the shepherds pie, but when I tried the mashed mock taters, they didn't turn out so well. Does the cauliflower get creamy for you? Mine didn't, it was like it didn't mix very well? Let me know your secret....
Echo--great news on the clothes fitting looser, that's a great feeling

Me, doing better this week, sorry I was in a funk before. I guess everybody has their good days and bad. I've just decided to get in a new mind set. I still haven't seen any changes in my weight but, eventually something has to give...right? We have friends coming in from Canada tomorrow, getting the house ready and I went to the grocery. Lots to do.
Still mulling over a career change, it's kind of scarey. I am so tired of working in sales with the quotas etc. But there is a company who is meeting people tomorrow for a few hours and I'm thinking of going over there to see what they can offer? Can't hurt right....

Well, ya'll have a great day
Old 10-12-2005, 11:59 AM   #15  

Tammy- how are you mashing yours? I do mine in the food processor. I don't measure my milk (I used milk instead of cream b/c I didn't have any cream.) I just eyeball it like I would with mashed potatoes. Are you steaming/microwaving the cauliflower long enough? I just used one head of cauliflower. The next time I am going to use 2. There wasn't enough to spread over the top. It is a recipe definitely worth a try! Good luck!
Closed Thread