South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 02:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/137/130

Default Confused

Hi,

I have done both Weight watchers and South Beach diet. I lost with both diets previously. Im confused about which one is better for me. I like Weight Watcher because i can eat whatever I like in moderation, but I like the SBD because i dont have to worry about counting points. Four years ago i did WW and was a fanatic about counting pts sometimes I felt really bloated. Last year before my wedding i did SBD and lost again. I actually had a flat stomach and wasnt bloated. I did have a hard time limiting my cravings with cool whip, I used to put cool whip on the ricotta cream stuff.

Im really frustrated and liked both programs. If anyone has some great advice im all ears.

Danielle
Old 10-11-2005, 03:06 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I see that you tried South Beach once before (I checked old posts) but have been mainly posting in WW. Why did you give up on South Beach? That might help you make up your mind. Of course, the chicks in here will say SBD is better but it's whatever plan you can live with. Phase I of SBD is quite restrictive and Cool Whip is not an unrestricted food.
The other thing you could do is make a list of the pros and cons of each plan. That might help.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/137/130

Thanks for your advice. I will make a list and decide from that. I guess the reason why i stopped SBD is because i kept thinking that i couldnt eat pizza, chinese food, and other casseroles. Maybe im wrong.

Danielle
Old 10-12-2005, 07:09 AM   #4  

Dritter,

The Core Plan of WW, which was introduced July 2004, is very similar to SB Phase II. I have done both but still prefer South Beach. Hope that helps a bit.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:34 PM   #5  
prc
Professional YoYo Dieter

Hey Danielle - I am also a WW fan - Did the plan for quite some time and lost a BOATLOAD of weight Anyway, I plateaud - And then, I gained back almost (YIKES) 30 pounds - I found that switching to a new plan helped "SHAKE THINGS UP" and got me back on the losing path. I think both programs are similar and allow a healthier lifestyle - So, following either plan is definately better than eating Pizza's

Good Luck - Hope you find the plan that works best for you!!!
Old 10-13-2005, 06:40 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Danielle, Ruth's advice is sound. You might find the Core plan on WW a good mix of the two, but I think you'd still be counting points.

For me, I found that WW was not possible. I couldn't stick to the small portions because the sugar I was eating made me crave. SBD works for me because I'm not craving.

You definitely can have pizza, chinese, and tons of casseroles on SBD. Of course, you have to make most of them yourself, but if you're willing to do that, it's totally okay! I found WW pizza crust at my local grocery store and Boboli also makes a thin WW pizza crust. Then I make my own sauce or use a jar sauce that doesn't have sugar (there are tons of them, just check the labels) and put skim mozzarella, turkey pepperoni, veggie sausage, tons of veggies, etc. There are tons of toppings you could use. I also sometimes buy the Amy's brand of frozen organic pizzas. They are made with wheat flour, not whole wheat, so I try to limit my consumption of them, but for a meal in a pinch, they work well. I stick to the spinach or pesto ones as they don't have red sauce. Kraft also makes three SBD pizzas, frozen, but I have to admit that some of the ingredients scare me and don't seem OP.

For Chinese, I find that eating out is tough. Mongolian BBQ is fine, as you know what's going in it. Stick to soy sauce or sauces without sugar and watch out for msg. We made tons of chinese at home and there are lots of recipes that are easy to adapt. Or you can get some dishes at a local place...just make sure they don't have sugar or MSG and have them at home with brown rice. Easy!

Casseroles are super easy on SBD. My two favorites, which are both on Phase 1 are Chicken Divan (in our recipe forum) and the Chicken and Eggplant one in the SBD cookbook. You'll find tons of others in our recipe forum.

I wish you luck! If you feel bloated, it could be too much salt or not enough water. Check that out and see if it helps!
Closed Thread