South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 06:38 AM   #1  
RNMOM

Default Monday Morning Chat

Hello? Is anyone out there? Is it possible that I'm the first poster of the day? How is that possible?

Ruth? Have the dogs got you occupied? Hasn't the horn-blowing neighbor been by yet?

Schatzi? Hello, are you awake?

Wow, I feel so lonesome. Couldn't sleep so I got up to do some homework.....which still needs doing by the way. Had a busy weekend, part of it spent in the ER. Doing a few more shifts than usual do to being short staffed right now. Continue to be GLAD that I didn't accept the position of manager..not my style. Took the weekend off from being south beach worthy....shame on me. TOM, work and laziness took it's toll and I don't know how many french fries I consumed....TNTC......(mamacita will know what that stands for) Anyhoo, recommiting to be worthy again! Love and hugs to all!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:02 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Very quick fly-by as I'm filling in at the nursing home this week. My replacement scheduled vacation this week and the original fill-in quit w/o notice. Nice of him, but then, he's the one who seriously F'd up my lab this summer when I went on vacation, so I don't really miss him

RN, sorry I wasn't here to greet you when you posted, but I was snoozing after my rounds. Has autumn hit over in Idaho yet? We got our first real taste of it this past week, but now it's back to the low 80's here. ~~sigh~~.

Well, gotta go make some lunch--and breakfast.

Hope all you chicks have a great day on the Beach!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:22 AM   #3  
I painted my avatar. :-)

I think Ruth took our advice about Romano.....and is still sleepin.
As for Schatzi, don't you know its hurry up and wait when it comes to "Dr.'s"? hehehehehe

RNMOM-Atta go! Just hop right back on the wagon!

Mamacita-I ask everyday if fall has has hit home yet.....Just rmbr, Halloween is coming, that always brings the chilly air.

Me-TOM here. Uhggg. No wonder I was in my 'funk' last week. Only thing I got accomplished yest was making 2 soups(for my lunches) and watching the baseball game. That darn game was right at 6 hours. It was good though.
So, today is work. Sit on my butt and answer a phone and do a job I have come to loathe. Since no one seems to tell me anything anymore, why should I do any favors? Mama wanted me to stay till the end of Nov, and I was rolling it around. But last nite sealed that. Found out someone was quitting, and told her, and she knew. But didn't seem fit to tell me. I used to get told all kinds of things. Not now.....Besides, I have to get back around the middle of Nov for school stuff anyhow. When that thought crossed my mind, that made it even more clear to me that I need to leave when I said.
So, off to shower and a work I go.......

Everyone have a great day! Hugs to y'all!!!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:35 AM   #4  

Oh Woe... sorry I wasn't here to greet ya this morn RNMOM...and Mamacita and Wenchy.. but Dr. Schatzi now needs to take her own advice.. all of a sudden last night it looks I've went and gotten a humdingwing of a cold.. Bleah... Dr. Schatzi is going back to bed. NURSE NURSE! Some cough syrup and Aleve STAT!
Later my Lovelies!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:48 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, Shucks! It IS Thanksgiving up here in Canada! If we waited until November like you USA chickies, we'd be under snow! Most people have their Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday to make it easier for families to travel.

So sorry for you working chickies today! Schatzi, go to bed and stay there!

I definitely had an off program day yesterday - I won't bore you with the details. Suffice it to say that my ticker is lying right now! It probably has something to do with two dinners - one up the hill at neighbour Liz's place and another at sister Joan's place to meet Brien's serious girlfriend. Lovely girl and lovely name - she is called Eden and is a gorgeous blonde from her Ukranian heritage. No, she doesn't paint eggs but she makes perogies! She also fell in love with Hershey who behaved like an angel. There's no room in our clan for people who don't like doggage.

It's still cold and rainy and is going to be like this for the next week, alas! However, I have tons of stuff to do indoors. The garden just may not be put to bed properly this fall unless I can hire a Mellors. (Remember the gardener in Lady Chatterly's Lover?) Romano will be back the end of the month to do a major job on my cellar and I need to do a mega-cleanout before then. The walls are covered with some weird mould so the mortar needs to be chipped out and replaced and the walls disinfected and sealed and painted. Looks like another $4-6K. This house is going to be in really great shape when the time comes to sell. I'm breaking my part of the job down into a box or two a day - ready for the dump or a yard sale.

Today I need to vacuum the downstairs yet again. Dog fluff and plaster dust are still showing up and I somehow doubt it will ever end. Gotta love 'em. After lunch, I'll go to visit Harry and check out his new and improved room. He is now on the first floor which is for the "less confused" residents which will be mich better for him.

First a coffee and a nice hot tub! the bubbles are ready - Avon Tranquil Moments today! Come and join me!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:50 AM   #6  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Raining again and it feels like late spring [April Showers] instead of autumn.Can't take my walk along the beach, back to indoor exercising.

Don't know what happening,Lost another pound this A.M. thats 5 lbs in one week. I'm not complaining as I take that. With all the stalling and gaining I have been thought this last 6 months.Something has to be wrong with my scale, have to check the balance bean and see if it centered.

RNMOM=wow,your up early this morning,and I see you lost your zzzzz's.Hate that when that happens.

Mamacita= Happy to hear the moron quit,and you don't have to deal with him anymore.Try to have a positive day and week ahead.

Wenchy=Glad I don't have to deal with TOM anymore. He has left the house for good. You probaby needed the rest,and Soup is good,have to get my ingredients in the house for my soup making.Happy you enjoyed the game.

Schatzi=sorry your not feeling well, Get that well deserved rest.T'is the season for colds & flus, especially when the kids go back to school.

Ruth= Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.Yikes!! I can't even think about the up coming holidays with all that food around.

Have a nice one Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-10-2005 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:34 AM   #7  
Obsessive Poster

Hi. I'm new to the beach. I was on the diet for about a week a couple weeks ago, but one cheat turned into two weeks of cheating. It's Monday morning of day two, and I'm having a really hard time. My sister made pancakes, and I can smell them right now. I don't have the ingredients to try the recipes on the breakfast site, and I'm craving those pancakes like you would not believe.

I could use a little support, if anyone has some to give.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:52 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Good morning beach babes...too darn cold to think of being on a real beach here...but SBD is a great beach to be on.... My Dad came in town this weekend..and was shocked to see how I look. he is going to get the SBD book this week, and start on it himself!!! I hope he sticks with it. He was very full of compliments. I took my DD shopping yesterday, and was very surprised to wear a medium in every shirt I tried on (and bought...hehehe..don't tell DH). It is so much more fun to shop for clothes wen you are not ashamed of the size. I still want to drop more, but am definately feeling better about myself. Now that I have 16 pounds left to lose...I don't think that will be enough. I will re-assess when I ge there..but am thinking it will be another 10 to 15 pounds. Anywho....Hope everyone has a beachy day!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:58 AM   #9  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hey girlies. I caught a cold somewhere this weekend...probably from being with all of those insane girls on Friday night. Didn't feel bad until late last night, though, so at least my weekend was spared. Friday night was good, I ate one small piece of veggie pizza and brought my own snacks--friends laughed at me for eating veggies and dip, but it was yummy and the moms enjoyed it too!

Yesterday was another story, we had a potluck after church and nothing there was SBD Ok. So I had a dab of everything...which was still too much potatoes, fat, pineapple, chocolate, and everything I have been avoiding. But I behaved the rest of the weekend, worked out Saturday morning, so I am not too worried. I did not eat myself sick or even close. Played with my friend's sweet baby girl to distract me from more food (and because I love her to pieces!). Otherwise, slept and did laundry this weekend!

Mm, imagining myself on warm beach I went to called Half Moon Cay, a stop on a cruise once. Clear water, floating on raft, white sand....ahhhhh. Except I hate being hot when I am sick. LOL.

Pray that this does not turn into strep throat which is supposedly going around!!!! I can't afford to miss any more work!

Jessie
Old 10-10-2005, 10:30 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies I'm on Day 1 of Ph 1 and I'm going to do it for the full 2 weeks I just need a boot in the but to get unstalled So it's spinach Quiche for breakfast and lunch today
No Leftovers from Dinner and I didn't get to make cheesecake yet
Put me in the infirmeray with the other sickies It hit yesterday (probably from being soaked on Saturday) So I slept and dosed with tylenol
hopefully that headed it off at the pass!
Jessie you're doing great and exercising!
Kye WOOHOO you smoking hot babe I can't wait to be in mediums!
Welcome Winter! THe only thing I can say would be Cheese or SF FF cocoa or a SF FF Fudgecicle
Ruth Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the Search for Mellors remember to stipulate when you're searching that they must look good with a shirt off
BB We're having a week of rain I feel for ya
Wenchy I'm in a similar sitch except noone knows anything at my job!
RN Do you're Homework! I stunk at doing that
Mama at least you won't have a numbskull to deal with
SChatzi Enjoy your coughmeds and alleve coctail Just rest and pamper yourself!
back to the grind!
Kierie
Old 10-10-2005, 11:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' Ya'll

Had a great weekend, not OP though. But I got to spend time with DH. We went to the zoo Sun and walked forever, but we had such a good time. You get used to the daily running (me on day work and him on 3rd), we pass each other through the week. So this weekend was wonderful.

I had decided that I was starting P1 today, so I gave myself free reign Fri-Sun. And I weighed this morning to see what damage I had done to start the P1 week and I'm down 1 pound. And I mean I ate everything I wanted. My company hosted at the zoo, we had a buffet (I still didn't eat any bread, pasta or potatoes) of burgers, chicken, baked beans, etc. and I ate so many cookies. We also ate at an Asian Buffet and I had a lot of things not OP. Friday night we ordered pizza with DSS. So I knew I would have gained 1-2 pounds at least. So, I am baffled at the one pound down???? Any ideas of why that would be?

Anyway, back to P1 for a while, I hope everybody has a great day!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:44 AM   #12  
gotta lose it!

Hello everyone. I'm back from my dad's house! I cleaned the kitchen - ugh!! I also went out to b-fast with my wonderful grandma & babysat my sweet little niece - she's too cute. Her new saying now is "ahh man!" It makes me giggle. Kloe also dumped Cheerios on the kitchen floor & cruched them - so I had to clean the kitchen floor twice, but it was so bad that I'm sure it needed it!
MY wonderful little brother volunteered me to cook for the holidays.....nice. They're all going to be eating SBD friendly foods - so HA jokes on them!!!
I gotta go exercise!! Have a great OP day!
Old 10-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #13  

Good Morning my fair chickadees

Sorry I've been absent but building a 1200 ft addition onto one's home tends to consume one and make one go off of one's program and then one doesn't want to check in with one's supporters. Sigh..... So I did GREAT until the weekend then Sat and Sun I slipped and went a bit heavy on the sugar. Never mind, I'm back OP Phase 1 today

RN Mom: Oh my dear I would say your are SO worthy already but I'm glad you are recomitting - I'm right beside ya doin' the same thing!

Mamacita: your leaping sheep is a riot! Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Wechybritches: TOM for me too! I know because my evil twin keeps on showing up with rude comments to my husband (and I just KNOW he things it's me... ) and sugar seems to want to leap right into my mouth. It's the damdest thing. What is the job that you loathe? I am a big proponent of only doing work that you love.

Schatzi: To continue with our earlier conversation.... I am 5' 5 1/2". Maybe 130 is a bit ambitious for me, but I was 135 only a few years ago, so I'm going to try it again. I figure, if I aim to look like a twig, maybe I'll end up looking like a branch, but at least I won't look like the whole freakin tree anymore!

Ruth: I hear ya... off program seems to have been the order of the day this weekend. I blame it on the...uh...the...let's see...the...uh...oh ****. I just ate too much. With all your cleaning activity today, sounds like you'll be working it off though! BTW, I LOVE the name Hershey! What are the names of all your "fur people"?

Beach Bum I know exactly what is going on with your weight. I PICKED IT UP But you can be sure I'm dumping it this week!

Winterwonder: Pleased to meetcha! Ask your sister to avoid pancakes and other goodies until you are out of the first two weeks of your phase 1!

kyemom: Oh how awesome for you that your Dad had that reaction! I would love to see before and after pics! Do you have any you can share with us?

Jessie: If you're cold is still in it's early stages, get some Tea Tree essential oil at a health food store and do a steam inhalation right away - 2-3 times a day to keep your sinuses from getting infected. And gargle with it in salt water. Yes it tastes like but will really keep your throat healthy. Sending you healthy vibes

KO Good luck on Day 1! Let us know how it goes!

Tammy: Gosh you should talk to Beach Bum. These kind of problems I like!

Ciao Chicks!
Old 10-10-2005, 12:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Morning Lovely Ladies!!

Just popping in as I can while the boys are content watching Dora the Explorer. We had th pest control man in this morning and once Beren caught sight of him he fell apart. He is now very quiet and hanging out in his bed. Such a sensitive fellow .

Went to MIL's house yesterday to have a family dinner. She was, and has been, very nice about trying to be SB friendly since we are op and my SIL and BIL are also op (and have been for almost 2 years). But (ain't there always a "but" involved in a MIL story?? ) -- she just can't seem to get the op details straight. She has even been on SB and was the one who originally bought everyone the books. Well, she wanted to do italian for dinner so after schooling her on what we could have she made meatballs, spaghetti squash, soup, and salad. She also made a huge deal out of making an apple crisp with the kids and kept telling me to have some because "how can apples, brown sugar, butter, and some ice cream be bad for you?" Ugh... the other thing that got to me was how she made meatballs, or should I say she reheated some frozen packaged ones, in a crock pot full of regular spaghetti sauce even though dh told her we don't eat that and told her exactly what to buy that we and my bil and sil would eat. Well, she did get what we todl her to but she just had it heated in a pan on the stove for us to put on top of the meatballs she had already cooked in the other sauce... Kookie lady. There were other little things she did but I sure did get a kick out of how she can't remember stuff. Sorry for my gripe. I can't complain too much to dh and I had to get it out . My MIL si a very nice lady and I do love her to pieces but her kookie moments are really stacking up .

RNMOM -- I am still giggling over the pms list. thank you so much!! Hugs back at ya

Mamacita -- I hope you have a great day and don't get run ragged. I would like some cooler temps over here on the coast too. The rain and clouds have been nice though.

Wenchy -- just screw tham all at work and come on home girlie!!! Hopefully by the time you get here it'll be cool enough for some of your soup here. We'll have to go to ABC for some soup together sometime .

Schatzi -- get some good rest today. I'm sending ya some get better vibes and a huge bear hug!

Ruth -- I want a Mellors too Hubba Hubba

Beach Bum -- congrats on those 5 lbs !! Way to go no matter how they decided to make their exit

WinterWonder -- I hope you were able to resist those yummy smelling panckaes this morning. I would have had drool running down my front at the smell of them.
Resisting the temptations is so hard at first but you can doit girlie!! If you're feelin' weak at the knees for something just come here instead. Oh, and !

Kyemom -- Wow -- mediums is wonderful and that is very cool that your dad was so impressed. It had to have made you feel awesome .

Jessie -- You take care today too girlie!! No fun to cap off a pretty good weekend with a cold . Hope you are feeling better real quick

KO -- your breakfast quiche sounds so yummy. I just stocked up on veggies and baby spinich so I think I may be baking some this evening. thank for the inspiration

Tammy -- Way to go on the 1 lb loss ! Did you have a favorite exhibit at the zoo this weekend?

Soon2BFab -- Sounds like you had a good time . How kind of your bro to volunteer you for holiday cooking duty LOL -- does he know he's in for OP goodness?

Taramoon -- welcome back to the ph 1 -- there sure are a lot of us back on ph1 now aren't there? Whew, I'm just pooped thinking about all the work involved in an addition. What is your timeline for completion?

Man, in the time it has taken me to finish this I have put one kid down to nap, the other has eaten lunch and is in need of a nap, and I have had 2 bottles of water . I guess I will be off to fold laundry now.

Hugs-n-love!!

Last edited by Sweet Tea; 10-10-2005 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:55 PM   #15  
Kyemom

Sweet Tea- Well dear, at least she somewhat tries...My MIL knows what I am on
(and she too needs to be on it!! )..but when we invided them over for a cook out...I told her what I could have and items that are a big nono...and she (in charge of side dishes) brings potato salad, macaroni salad & boston creme cake....Not so OP...then asked why I was not eating much..and why I was heating u[p leftover vegies!!! UMMMMMM SOUTH BEACH?????????????????
Closed Thread