PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:55 AM   #1  

Default PCOS on Discovery Health - Premiere October 14

HI everyone,

Don't foret to tune in to your t.v. on October 14 @ 9PM EST when PCOS will be featured on the program Mystery Diagnosis on Discovery Health Channel.

All the Best,
Ashley
altabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:46 PM   #2  

I checked this thread 2 days too late. Wonder if will be coming on again anytime soon? Did you watch it?
Cassandra B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 11:52 PM   #3  
Determined

Cassandra - I'm sorry I didn't check this earlier, because it just played again! It's on the Mystery Diagnosis that is titled Trigeminal Neuralgia. (If you have one of the cable providers that gives a brief description of the show) On my guide it says the show will play again on 10/18 at 5 am. (I'm on the east coast). Honestly, it was ok, but it was only about 15 minutes or so. Hope you get to catch it!
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 11:53 PM   #4  
Determined

Just posting again to see if I fixed my ticker.....
Old 10-17-2005, 12:41 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8

Did anyone watch?

I recorded it, and then watched it this evening- I was a little disappointed. To me, it made the treatment options seem very bleak. I guess, maybe they are, but I just thought it ended somewhat negatively compared to the other two stories. There are lots of women who are symptom free and have successful treatment.

Maybe it's just me- what did anyone else think?
Rizeninme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 02:30 AM   #6  
IR:0, Valarie:1

Unhappy Undecided

I too watched the show today, and have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, watching her pictures from her childhood was like seeing my own- I was "normal" in every physical way until about 10, when I ballooned. I had awful periods, really irratic. My gyn put me on birth control without running the first blood sample as well. Our symptoms were a bit different though. I never have had skin tags, and I'm not developing hair over and above what I have always had. My skin darkening is red, not brown. It was nice to see someone else who is fighting the same fight as me though!

On the other hand, the show did make her future look pretty bleak- and maybe it is. I've been dieting and working out all year and have only lost 6 lbs, my blood pressure is high as is my cholesterol. I've been on Metformin since March and it has changed none of this. I've already had my first misscariage- I'm told to expect this again. Maybe some people have better luck with treatment, maybe there are other factors. The show left me feeling less alone, but less hopeful as well.

What were all of your thoughts?
Valarie250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:06 PM   #7  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

I've been waiting to see this since it was announced - and dang it - I MISSED IT!!

Now I'm curious to know all of your thoughts on it ... so do share!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:36 PM   #8  
Determined

I too found it a little disappointing. First of all, it wasn't the whole show but only a small part of it. Second, I don't think it gave any info over and above what your average person already knows as far as treatments/etc.. It was more about her life than the actual disease. It's helpful to see how someone else copes, but not necessarily informative in any other way.