Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 10:02 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default Week of October 3 - Come and Chat!!

Hey everyone. A new month already. I can't believe how the year has whizzed by!!! We went to our local mountain (a hill to most people!!) and I did a little hiking to get to where we wanted. Wow, does that make a person feel out of shape!!!

Emma's dance class changed to Mondays, but the good thing is now Kate can go. There is a toddler class right before Emma's, so I will leave work a little early to get there. Kate is so excited. I just couldn't do 2 different nights, plus they take swim lessons on Thursday. Way too much running around!!

That's it for me. I have a ton of work to do and not enough motivation this Monday morning!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:57 AM   #2  

thats so cute, my dd did ballet when she was 5 but hated it ! she's into the girl scouts now and just found out shes going to be marching in the christmas parade, so she thinks shes the bees knees now
Old 10-03-2005, 11:16 AM   #3  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I just back from my hour walk. I had to walk/jog to keep warm. My glasses kept fogging up. I am going to look for places to hike. I was just talking to hubby about that last night. wierd. Anyways, it is the first Monday of the month, that means I have to pay bills. I don't wanna!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:25 PM   #4  

Flower, I did the bill paying thing last night... boy does it hurt.

We are currently going through a debt payment plan. If anyone is interested, do a search on Dave Ramsey or get his book. Once it is done, it will make us feel so much better and I know it will improve our marriage. No more fighting about money! There are things that he wants people to do, that I do not believe and cannot do because of my job. So we are working around those. It is tough tho!!!

Kate, We are taking basic dance classes that are not strict at all. They are more an introduction to see if the kids are interested in it or not. The structured studios here can be a little too strict and intimidating for the kids. My girls love it because they are allowed to express themselves. And it doesn't cost me much!! And it is held at my church, so that makes it work!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:53 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
ahh yes Bill time I know it well and have to run after DH with a crow bar to get him to pay them. . .or teach me quicken so I can pay them.
Jen-L I can't believe how booked kids are now! your kids seem to get downtime which is nice but here ppl book every minute of their kids day.
Flower if you hike you could take a camera along and chronicle yourself
Kati thats so cool that your daughter gets to be in a parade
I'm going to the gyn today to hopefully find out why my period won't end no matter what pill I take!
other than that nada going on here!
bbiab
Kierie
Old 10-03-2005, 01:05 PM   #6  

jen- my daughter gets discouraged because she looks so different than other kids, at her 6 year wellness check, she was exactly where a normal 9 year old should be, height and weight, the dr is predicting 5'10, shes at least a head to a head and a half taller than any other kid in her class. but i'm tall 5'7 and daddy is 6'5 so its not really any surprise. my son is also tall but there are several in his class that are his height so its not so noticable. but hes 2 years old and they are within an inch of each other, everyone thinks they are twins.

ko- i hope they sort it out for you soon.

kate
Old 10-03-2005, 03:59 PM   #7  

Kate - My oldest is a peanut. She is skinny and shorter than most kids her age. My youngest is big. She is in the 90% for height and weight (oldest is lucky to reach 25%). They are so opposite. My 2 1/2 year old passes for a 3+ year old and she speaks very well for her age. I know she will pass up her sister pretty soon. As a child I was always the tallest, until 8th grade when the boys started hitting puberty. I actually liked being tall and used it to my advantage back then. But now kids are different and I can understand how she would be discouraged. Good luck to her!!

I leave in an hour. My oldest is the princess and loves dancing. My youngest just likes doing whatever her older sister does. I hope this goes well!! My youngest is very active and it is hard to keep her attention. Good thing her class is only 30 minutes.

Have a great night all!!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:01 PM   #8  
Canadian Chick

hey gals!

We finally got our insurance money & were able to replace our computer finally! Only 2 months! I don't have time to read all the news right now but I will eventually. As for me I'm not having a great year. We were in a car accident September 3rd. We were the middle car in a vehicle sandwich. Unfortunately I was sitting away from my seat digging in the glove compartment and so flew both forwards and back. I hit my seat so hard that it broke off. My first xrays at the emergency room showed lines on two of neck vertebrae & so they thought I had fractured it but after a CT scan it came back that I havw some ligament & muscle damage. Still not fun but much better than a broken neck. I had to wear a cervical collar for 10 days 24 hours a day. Not fun. Anyway I'm off of work & doing rehab. We're hoping I can go back to work part-time in a couple of weeks & then work my way up to a full day. My DH has some minor whip lash & the other people in the accident were ok. Of course with all of this going on the eating has been horrible & not near enough activity. I'm scared to get on a scale. Anyway I've gotta run. I'll definitely be around tomorrow. Hope you're all doing great!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:20 PM   #9  
you can call me flower

Rina, you poor thing! I hope you recover quickly! That must be a horrible thing to be reminded of daily. {{{{{hugs}}}}}}

My boys are schuduled for nothing. They play like kids, occasionally they ask to sign up for something but I don't look for stuff for them. I am a wierdo. lol
Old 10-03-2005, 11:07 PM   #10  

oh no thats not weird at all, i only sign my kids up if they want to do it, my baby girl is a social butterfly, so shes often interested in stuff, i try to limit them to one or two things though, my son is in nothing, he'd rather play soccer or video games with his friends after school.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:40 AM   #11  

My kids are way too young to be signed up for a ton of things. I do require swim classes tho. That is very important to me since we are around water a lot. My dad couldn't swim and I don't want my kids to have to worry about that. Plus it makes me feel safer. They were both water babies and started classes young. Emma had a water mis-hap and had to be pulled out by a life guard because she slipped and couldn't get her balance. This was in shallow water. So I demand that they learn to swim. We do dance just because they like it.

I was so sick last night and still feeling really lousy. And of course I am here at work because we have a "big" meeting. Which may amount to not much, but it was required.

Rina, hope you feel better. I am glad you were not injured more and that you both were OK! I know how scarey it can be and how the injuries can last quite a while. Take care of yourself.

Well I am crabby today... partially because of the meeting and part because I just feel crappy!!! Ta Ta!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:03 AM   #12  
you can call me flower

I need to get swimming lessons for Grif. The only time we are near water is when we go on vacation and the hotel has a pool. But we won't be living here forever.

I can't walk til noon, after Grif goes to school. I like getting it done first thing. But at least 3 days a week I get to go early. Today is laundry, libary day. I went to S Walmart yesterday in the city and stocked up on frozen ww stuff. No brainer stuff when I am too tired to think. lol
Old 10-04-2005, 10:09 AM   #13  

rina- glad your ok, (i'm kate by the way )

jen- totally agree on the swimming, although my son isn't exactly what you would call accomplished, i think he could doggy paddle himself out of danger gabby is a water baby too, so no worries there. this year was the last year for our 16ft swimming pool and our 26ft pool is coming really soon, so we can put up the outside, the liner will have to wait till next spring.

flower- you have a laundry day ???? i'm so envious, everyday is laundry day here
Old 10-04-2005, 04:15 PM   #14  

Hah Kate... me too on Laundry. We always have clean laundry because Kate is potty training and I have to wash every day so the smelly clothes don't turn on us!!! One day I know she will get the hang of it!! Some days she does fabulous, other days not so!!

My tummy is starting to feel better, but now I am starving. Not good!
Old 10-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #15  

Helllooooo--- Quiet here today. I had a meeting this morning and soon will be running out with hubby to lunch. On Monday another lady at work and I are doing a 3 day quick start to get our bodies moving. I am hoping for the best and really want to be down my 10 pounds by vacation.

Does anyone watch the Biggest Loser tv show?? Last night the men were losing 10, 14, and 17 pounds for one week. How does that happen?? I can understand the first week losing a ton because of water. And the men are very overweight, but this just seems high to me. Also, the woman voted off last night... does anyone know if she is a Pro Poker Player?? She looks so much like one that I like to watch, but for the life of me I can't remember her name.

Gotta run!!
Closed Thread