Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 09:05 AM   #1  

Default Flexers Chat and Support : October

I'm baaacccckkk!
I actually have not "gone" anywhere. For the past month I have really been struggling. With my job....with my family(husband hurt arm and is on temporary disability, which means he is home ALL THE TIME!)...and ofcourse with my weight loss. I started the month of September by gaining 2 pounds. Then I would lose 1/2 pound, then maintain, then lose another 1/2, then maintain. It was so frustrating!! I felt like all I could do was get my water in. Then this past week I grabbed the bull by the horns and lost 3 pounds at my last WI (on Saturday).
Is everyone ready for fall? This time of year gets me in the mood to bake, so that is another struggle I am dealing with now!!
Old 10-03-2005, 01:33 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome "back" Sherry!

I'm also getting into baking and cooking mode. I have been looking for a good lower fat recipe for scones as I have suddenly developed a scone craving
Old 10-04-2005, 08:45 AM   #3  

Hi Mauvaisroux!
Let me know if you find that recipe...cause i LOVE scones! Ofcourse the ones I really like the ones that have enough fat grams to last me for the entire day!

Last edited by sherry1215; 10-05-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:49 PM   #4  
Eat well, Live well

Hi Sherry, glad you're back! Fresh apples are my favorite thing to bake with, and 'tis the season! I've tried a couple of things with Splenda replacing some of the sugar in the recipe, but my faves are always the high calorie ones! I'll have to dig around for some new recipes.

My problem with this time of year is Halloween! I'm sure that my bad candy habits originated in this holiday. What kid wouldn't want to eat candy ALL THE TIME??? I have given myself a mini-goal to try and keep me away from the candy before I go to conventions at the beginning of November. I hate being surrounded by candy in every store I go into, everything from hardware stores to computer stores have candy in them now! Grrrrr....fight, fight, fight!

Anyhoo. That's off my back now.

I love fall for the walking I can do. Shuffling through fallen leaves, and it's not so hot that I'm sweating buckets and not cold enough to make it unpleasent. ENJOY the season everyone!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:26 AM   #5  

Hi Allie!
Halloween is sooo hard on me too! First of all I LOVE Halloween! I have my front porch all decorated with mums and pumpkins and the inside of my house is decorated up too. I have two really cute candy bowls for halloween, and right now they are sitting out empty!! The only kind of candy that I don't really like is the cheap chocolate that is wrapped up in foil. I think Palmer makes it. I think that I will buy some of that just to have SOMETHING in these bowls. But what I LOVE is CANDY CORN!! I know a lot of people can't stand it, but I just LOVE IT! Especially the ones shaped like pumpkins. I even love the smell!! But I think a huge part of it si just a mental thing, when I smell that candy corn, I am reminded of class room partys we used to have in school and all the fun things we did in the fall as kids. My mom NEVER kept candy in the house, but so many of my memories seem to start with the scent of a certain type of candy/food. Is it any wonder that I/we are so obsessed?
Old 10-06-2005, 03:31 PM   #6  
The Battle Begins...

Mints! When I used to go on conventions and stuff (way back when) I would have mints with me to help kill any chocolate/sweet candy cravings - ohh and water - tons of it - carry a water bottle everywhere you go! I find that Altoids work best and if you mixed Altoids and water you'll feel a wierd censation in your mouth and usually everything else looks - well... not important enough! Im planning to go trick or treating (block mom) and carrying a bottle of water and package of mints with me to keep both hands full so I dont sneak into the kids bag!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:36 PM   #7  
Eat well, Live well

I had a great WI last week, 2.4 down, which is my most down in a week in MONTHS. However, I think I have partially sabotaged that with Thanksgiving this weekend!! At least I avoided seconds, but grandma's cooking and my aunt's vegetable dishes are pretty hard to resist. I brought the salad, and made a nice mixed greens and fruit salad with a LF blueberry vinegrette. YUM.

Also,it was my anniversary this weekend, and we ate out, and I did not resist the caramel cheesecake. I have resisted cheesecake for seven whole months, and I finally caved. BAD ME. I went way over flex points in just two days.

GETTING BACK ON THE WAGON. The past two days I have been very good, so if I'm lucky, I'll maintain instead of gaining for next WI.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:38 PM   #8  
Eat well, Live well

Phew...I maintained over Thanksgiving! Now, back to more careful eating...
Old 10-14-2005, 06:39 PM   #9  

Good going Allie!

I gained 1 lb over Thanksgiving - too many sweets but I am back on plan now
Old 10-16-2005, 07:46 PM   #10  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Hi ladies,

Been gone for a couple of days. How is everyone doing? I had a few extra points yesterday but I don't think I done too bad. I can't believe how much my mind is set on losing this weight. I really want it GONE

I know I can do it. I am always thinking of food and I think that will never go away but I am also always thinking of how good it will feel to lose all this extra weight. When I stay OP and can actually feel the difference in my clothes I feel so good about myself. Even hubby is feeling good about it
if you know what I mean

I hope all is well and keep in touch

Kim
Old 10-17-2005, 01:16 PM   #11  

Still haven't found an appealing low point scone recipe...my search continues....

I was stick all weekend so my plan got messed up Back to it this morning though.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:35 AM   #12  
Eat well, Live well

Keep it up, Kim!

That determination will get you far...look where it's gotten me!

I think I was about 10 pounds down, too, when I really started to notice the clothes fitting differently. Now it's REALLY obvious! I can't even wear a lot of my clothes, because they fall off or look like potato sacks. So far, I am down to an 11-12 (from 18 and 1X clothes). I threw away my Pennington's Reward Card, as size 14+ is officially too big! (Big ceremony, scissors and much rejoicing!)

Keep telling yourself that you will get there, and you will!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:51 PM   #13  
The Battle Begins...

Way to go ALLIE!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 11:48 AM   #14  

Way to go Allie!

So how is everyone doing this week?

I have pretty much OP so I am feeling good. I am happy to say that the box of Halloween candy has remained intact so far
Old 10-31-2005, 10:14 AM   #15  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Hi all,

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

I been having a shi** week again food wise. I better smarten up or else. I don't know what is wrong with me lately. I just can't get it together. I think I may be going through the winter blues early this year. Oh well as long as I keep trying, one of these days I will jump bacl on the wagon.

TAlk to you all later.

Kim
Closed Thread