Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 11:27 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Post Week of October 2, 2005

Well hello everyone. I hope your weekends are going well. I got a perm last night and now my hair is curly.

Well it is time to get back to my school work.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:17 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello all!

I've lost 7 pounds!

Ooops, lunch is here. BBL
Old 10-02-2005, 01:22 PM   #3  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know you all. Might take me awhile to remember names and get caught up with what's going on in everyone's lives. I too have been out of work for a little over a month Lauren. My DH keeps bugging me to look for work but like I said before I want to search for work back in Iowa which at times can be quite difficult. I am just waiting to see if I get a call from the job I just applied for. They sent me an app so I figure they must be interested in me.

My DH has known from the beginning that I wanted to move home to be closer to my childern. I love it in Vermont but right now my family if more important. I'm really unsure of if he would be on board with moving there. He's too worried about my ex atleast that's the impression I get. I have brought up the idea of moving before and he is always so iffy about it. Sadly, to say I am prepared to go without him if I have too. I don't want to do it but I need to be in a good frame of mind if I am going to make a go at losing the weight.

I am hoping that I can move within 2 weeks if my brother can get time off from work. He's going to be driving out here. I just need to have a date so if I am called for an interview I can get there for it. It's a good opportunity. It's a day job working M-F, no weekends and no holidays. I think the hours are 8-4 or something like that. It's perfect.

Ok.. so I've rambled on a bit. I hope you are all having a good weekend. Time to plan my grocery list. Gotta go shopping later.

Hugs all.

PS> LOL Karen you were posting the same time as me. Just saw that you lost 7 pounds. Congrats girl. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by AnnieFannie; 10-02-2005 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Adding Congrats
Old 10-02-2005, 04:31 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Yeah Karen!!!! That's soooo awesome!!!

Annie, I sure hope your DH can understand and be on board with moving to Iowa. What kind of work do you do?

Lisa, A perm, huh? Pics?? Sometimes I miss having a perm. I used to have spiral perms all the time...back in the 80's, early 90's. I've been tempted a couple times, but my hairdresser thinks I'm on crack when I suggest it!

Got some exercise in today, cleaning out the garage. Just came in for a break! Made a huge dent, so I'm pretty satisfied.

I think my scale has bit the dust again. It blipped out on me before and I finally replaced the batteries and it worked. That wasn't long ago and it's getting freaky again. It won't settle on a weight...just keeps flipping around, like a 50 lb. flutter. I think that's a good excuse for a new, more precise scale. Mine weighs in 1/2 lb. increments. I want one that does each oz., or at least .2 oz.! Hey, every ouce counts!!

I've got a lot of food in the house right now, so I can actually plan and cook some decent meals, not fly off the handle prepared crap.

Hope everyone's enjoying their Sunday, it's gorgeous here today.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:28 PM   #5  
Journey To The Thin Me

My last job I was an assistant manager in a convenience store. I have also worked in an office as a receptionist. I am definitely looking to stay out of the convenience store. Not alot of good options for food. Plus it's too tempting. The job I applied for is in the Treasurer's Office in my hometown. Taking people's money for taxes and car registrations. I think it would be a nice change. I could still deal with the public but not have to food temptations staring me in the face.

I think once I explain it to him and he can understand that it would be the best thing for us as a family that he'll be more willing to move. Besides, living in a one bedroom with 3 of us. It's a little cramped. Too small. I want something bigger and having a working oven would be nice.

I would love to get a better scale, but there's so many out there. I don't know what to go with.

Have a great Sunday all.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:24 PM   #6  

Karen, WooHoo!! Congrats on the loss!

I am finished with my homework for next week. I do have something due the following week, but right now I am taking a break. I even have a paper that is due on Wednesday done. I am usually never this far done. I am soooo excited.

Lauren, yes I will get a picture. I do not have a digital so once I get them developed, I then have to figure out how to do it. It may take me a while.

Annie, talk to your husband. He may just need it to sink in. Will he be able to find a job quickly in your old hometown? That might be part of the problem, or it might be your old haunts. (Who knows with men.)

Talk at ya'll later.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:50 PM   #7  
Melissa

Karen : great job on the weight loss!!! way to go!!!

I do get along with my MIL but thank god she doesn't live with us. I have enough problems with DH imagine having to deal with the stress she causes. I understand she is depressed but she has basically given up on her self. Doesn't even warn her daughter when she has to go to the bathroom until after she has and its usually a mess. I have to deal with that all the time as a nurse but to take my work home is not something I want to do.

My weigh in is tomorrow.. So I will see if I lost any more. I doubt it though, with my period here I feel like I gained a million!!

Annie : welcome and good luck to you!! What ever is meant to be will be!!! Talk to you all tomorrow..
Old 10-03-2005, 05:02 AM   #8  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning all!!!
WElcome Annie..Good luck with the job and the move!!!

Lauren--THe 9th ward is sort of like a voting district type name that origninated years ago...also Parish is the same as County except La is the only state that didnt change the name to counties..THat area willl have to be bulldozed and started over or moved to higher grounds...if U think the 9th ward was bad with Katrina, check out Vermeillion Parish after Rita http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9389157/
That is where we would drive out to get the best shrimp and seafood..I feel sorry for all those people..I just pray that in the next 2 months, no more storms develop....

Congrats Karen!!!! I havent weighed in a while--maybe next week!
I have been finishing up on Christmas shopping..With the malls in NO closed, our malls here or packed to the brim so I am shopping early and plan on staying out of stores for awhile!!!
Hello to everyone!! We are having a baby shower for a new girl that was hired and I am heading to work early..(kind of strange--this new employee is my ex sister in law--My brother was furious--but he divorced her, not me I would have rathered get rid of him!!! )
Have a great day!!!
RR
Old 10-03-2005, 11:56 AM   #9  

Whew, finally got back online. DH was wanting Pizza so bad yesterday, I told him to go ahead. I bit the point off mine and then just ate the toppings off. It was SO good. I was surprised at how much I didn't miss the crust (except for the point. I don't know why, but that has always been my favorite part!). After lunch we cleaned up the office and I made a place for my scrapbooking stuff. Now I can spread out and work and not have to pick it all up at meal time. Yeah!

Annie: Good luck on the job hunt.

Lauren: Yeah for the stocked larder. Mine is almost bare and I'm not shopping until Wednesday. We are having dinner at his aunts tonight (it's a Jewish holiday, but I don't remember which one) so that's taken care of. Good luck on your job hunt too!

RR: Yikes. I hope there are no more storms this season. What are they talking about doing with the 9th ward? I haven't been listening to the news lately.

OK. The laundry is calling me!
Old 10-03-2005, 01:47 PM   #10  
Journey To The Thin Me

Thanks I need it. It's hard when you haven't had to job hunt for 5 years.

Just hoping my experience will have me get something. I have 5 different managers at my last job. I outlasted 4. That has to say something about me.

Cupboard is pretty bare here too. I need to get shopping but it's hard when the car isn't working.

KarenK :: Would you believe, I found out on one of my mailing lists that the Jewish Holiday is Rosh Hashanah.

Off to get a shower.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:34 PM   #11  
One pound at a time...

Hi Guys I have not checked in for awhile, as I have been in a kind of funk, where I would go off plan, and gain, then go back on plan, lose the gained weight and then go off plan,etc you see where I am going with this. I am back on plan, so I hope to start seeing a downwards trend on the scale on Thursday!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:44 AM   #12  

Hello everyone. Well, should I not be surprised that I put back on a pound? After the weekend and dinner last night I shouldn't be. I was pretty good last night but they had put a bowl of mandarin oranges at my place because I don't eat any of the appetizers they serve (chopped liver and gefelte fish-yuck!). I shared with Alex. Then I had some Challa. It was so good. I only had two very small pieces. I guess I will have to extend Phase I by three days.

Oh well. At least I've still lost 6 pounds!
Old 10-05-2005, 04:54 PM   #13  

Hello all!! This week has been a tough week. I am feeling like I am starting to drown! I have like 3 major projects due on sat. in one class. I have another class that I have a paper due on Monday. Then to top that off, I have finals right around the corner for my two accelerated classes. I feel like saying someone shoot me now. Plus I decided to cut down on my intake of Diet Coke. The aspertaime is not good for you. So, how is everyone else doing?

ER, how is your classes coming? Are you doing okay in them?

Lisa
Old 10-05-2005, 05:43 PM   #14  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Default Newbie Girl :)

Hiya girls! The other day I posted on the general 30-something thread and LBH suggested that I should come here ... so, here I am!

Karen :: Congrats to you on the weight loss! Don't be bummed about the 1 lb - you'll get IT and then some next time! btw - do you have a certain weigh-in day or are ya like me and weigh everyday? lol

Annie :: Hey! Thanks for letting me know about the 30-something group - I think I'm going to like it here just fine! btw, any news on the move?

LBH :: I'd love a new scale too! Mine is a digi that weighs in 1/2 lbs as well ... if you find a good one, let us know!

RR :: How was the baby shower?

Choc :: GL with weigh-in 2 morrow - keep us posted!

ER :: How'd the weigh-in go?

Lisa :: WoW - sounds like your plate is very full! I know you're stressed but it'll be over before ya know it! GL w/ finals!

As for me ... well, I guess I should give y'all a little background first!

My name is Stacye, I'm 37 yrs old and I'm from Nashville, TN. I'm married to a wonderfully supportive man, his name is Greg and I have a 10 yr old DSS - his name is Brandon... Oh, and 2 furbabies Rudi the kitty and Roxi the puppy.

I actually started trying to lose weight b/c we'd been on fertility trying to conceive (I have PCOS), but once I started losing some weight I decided that we'd put an 'infinity' hold on ttc b/c I want to be healthy first! I've been overweight my whole life really - even as a child I was probably 15 lbs heavier than most girls ... I've done every program out there I think ... and had some success with some, but they were all short term losses. In fact, this is the 1st time in probably 20 yrs that I've been successful at losing this amount of weight - so, don't mind me while I pat myself on the back! *grin* I have a LONG way to go, but I'm proud to say that I'm 6 lbs shy of my 1/2 way mark (45 lbs - 90 total) ... I haven't really thought of any particular way of rewarding myself ... To be honest, the weight loss is reward enough - BUT - maybe I'll buy myself a new pair of jeans or something (?) ... all of my capris (I don't wear shorts!) seem to be falling off me now - which is a great feeling!

I look forward to getting to know each one you! Oh and CONGRATS to all of you for the losses so far ... the best is yet to come!
Old 10-05-2005, 09:00 PM   #15  

Stacye, Thanks. I am in two accelerated courses this half and two accelerated next half and I have one full time class, so even though I am only in three classes at a time, its demanding like 5. Next semester is my last semester and it is going to be crazy as well. I just don't know.

Anyways, thanks again for the encouraging word.

Lisa
Closed Thread