General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 08:53 PM   #1  

Default Where do you lose weight first? And last.

Everyone has those stubborn spots.. and the place they lose weight from first. Curious to see what everyone else's is!

My place I lose weight first would definitely be my boobs! haha.

And the last.. probably my thighs. Or stomach.. which is quite annoying, but what can you do.

And for those people that finally got to their weight loss goal.. did your stubborn spot finally melt away? Curious to hear.

How about yourself?
Old 09-30-2005, 09:00 PM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi Peppahmint

The first place I lost was in my face (the chubby cheeks, etc). The last place I'll be losing weight is in my belly -- it's really my only chubby zone left. I seem to lose weight from the very bottom (ankles/calves) up and from the top (face/chin) down. I'm at the point now though where I can see a real difference in my upper abs and hips, so the weight loss is s..l..o..w..l..y moving its way toward my belly from both ends .
Old 09-30-2005, 09:02 PM   #3  

Cool

My face and my bust first. The middle is slow to come off. I once got very thin and was disappointed to find out I was flat chested and had breech thighs which wouldn't go away (if only they had had lipsuction then ). So I had to stick with the A-line skirts. There are some parts of our bodies that just won't go away and we have to learn to live with them or spend a bundle on plastic surgery.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:14 PM   #4  

LOL...I forgot to mention my fingers! I've always had really short, chunky fingers. And they've only very recently (in the last 2 weeks or so) started to slim down. I can't wear any of my rings anymore because they slide right off .

Last edited by LovesBassets; 09-30-2005 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-01-2005, 01:06 AM   #5  

the first place were the breast and last is my tummy
Old 10-01-2005, 01:37 AM   #6  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I definitely lost my breasts first... which I hate to lose with a passion and my face/neck/collarbone areas. The last are my hips and thighs, they like to stick around.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:40 AM   #7  
bouncin' along

I just started tracking measurements for the first time. This week I lost half an inch from my chest and thighs and nothing from my hips or waist. Kind of frustrating really, I feel like I am looking more and more like a potato with toothpick legs and arms ;-)
Old 10-01-2005, 10:26 AM   #8  

When I gained weight it sort of just spread out all over, no particular area (except my calves were mercifully spared). I've lost pretty much all over as well except that percentage wise, I've lost a LOT more inches in my arms than anywhere else and the weight I gained in my breasts doesn't seem to be going away (YAY!). There's still at least 5-7 lbs of pure de old fat hanging on from approx my belly button down to about 3" down my thighs (eww). I've gotten quite thin except for that 10" in the middle.

Quote:
And for those people that finally got to their weight loss goal.. did your stubborn spot finally melt away?
Not yet, I lowered my goal from 120 to 115 because of the jiggle in my middle. Now keep in mind, it isn't reeeaaaalllyyy that bad (and it's tons better than it was)...just not what I ultimately want to look like.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:41 AM   #9  
one leg press at a time

My stomach is the first place to shrink, but hips & glutes hold onto the weight with a deathgrip.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:07 PM   #10  
*squish*squish*

S/C/G: 276/ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

My chest/neck/collarbone area is the first to go for me. My hips and tummy are acting like they're going to stick around forever.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:41 PM   #11  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

I'm noticing that my pants fit better. Losing it around the waist and some off the tummy but can't really see a change but the jeans say otherwise. Hopefully, I won't lose much of my breasts. Well, only if it meant they would tone up. I'm with ya peppahmint. I would like to lose 20 to 25 pounds by Christmas. I wanna get under the 200 mark. Let's do it.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:55 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmgirl
but hips & glutes hold onto the weight with a deathgrip.

LOL, Firmgirl. "Deathgrip." Hee hee...I have this mental image of hips and glutes holding on for dear life...funny. My belly's like that. It's in this for the long haul. I think in the end I'll do what Julia did and actual shift my goal weight to 125 - 130 because my belly is very attached to me . Pun intended.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:02 PM   #13  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

LOL..LovesBassets...that's how my belly is going to be. I don't think it's going to go without a battle. Totally agree with the deathgrip.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:23 PM   #14  

First-my boobs.
Last-my upper/outer thighs.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default Ha!!

Hi ya'll! I lose weight in my face first. But my butt seems to call for back up if it starts getting smaller! I hope that pretty soon there won't be anymore back up left!

carafre
Closed Thread