Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-26-2005, 02:17 PM   #1  

Default OT - looking for covering bathing suit

Hi there,

I'm new here and due to some health issues I can't exercise in the regular way, so I'm looking into swimmim but since wls my upper thighs (that were quite large) are now drooping... it's not pretty people! So, I'm looking for a bathing suit that has sort of a short attach to it??? I looked everywhere around here but couldn't find one, so I'm turning to online ressources. I figure I probably fit in a 16-18 since I'm very tall and need the extra size for the lenght, and a D cup would be better.

I'll try to find something myself but does anyone have website reference they could give me? I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thank you.
NeeNoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:45 PM   #2  

Here are some resources that have skirted or shorts-style suits:

www.junonia.com
www.lanebryantcatalog.com
www.roamans.com
www.jcpenny.com
www.landsend.com
www.sears.com

Since it's "out of season" for swimwear, be sure and check the Clearance sections of these web sites as well as the main areas.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:03 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

i've always had good luck with junonia. i KNOW they have several covering suits, and tankini separates....
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:18 PM   #4  

I'm just told that this could be a forum violation, so if you would like to PM me with the reference that would be great.

I do appologize, I should have checked...

n.b. If there are any canadian outhere, that would be great, as a lot of those places don't ship to Canada. ty
Old 09-26-2005, 05:09 PM   #5  

Hi NeeNoon! I actually bought mine at WalMart. It was around $25.00, made with lycra to hold everything in, and has shorts sewn right on to cover up my unsightly thigh droop- perfect! Do you have WalMart in Canada?

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:41 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

this moderator will allow these links. the deal is that we don't want people sending our members to competitors or to scams. these links are to reputable dealers who supply stuff that we need and use.

soooo, unless the mother hens [suzanne and jennifer] tell me they have to go - i'll allow it. ok?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:06 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiaby
Hi NeeNoon! I actually bought mine at WalMart. It was around $25.00, made with lycra to hold everything in, and has shorts sewn right on to cover up my unsightly thigh droop- perfect! Do you have WalMart in Canada?

Beverly
Yes we do. I did check here, it's more bad timing... I had to wait until September to decide I wanted to go swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffypop
this moderator will allow these links. the deal is that we don't want people sending our members to competitors or to scams. these links are to reputable dealers who supply stuff that we need and use.

soooo, unless the mother hens [suzanne and jennifer] tell me they have to go - i'll allow it. ok?
Great! I just didn't want anyone to get in trouble because of me.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:53 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

you're doing just fine, nee..

and by the way. i'm real glad you found this little corner of 3fc. we're happy to help people who are interested in the surgery, but as we all find out quite soon, it's not really about the surgery.

it's about lifelong management and taking care of ourselves, things we're not really all that good at.