Old 09-26-2005, 07:07 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat - Sept. 26th - Oct. 2nd

Well, it's a Monday again and I didn't seem to get to rest at all this weekend. Told DH I'd try to get some housework done so it doesn't look so "lived in" here But with a GS meeting tomorrow and lawn to mow not sure how much inside I'm going to get done. It can always wait until tomorrow. Or the next day... Can you tell how much I "love" to clean house? Well, seems something always comes up and I can't do it that day. Or the next.*sigh* Anyway, eating stunk this weekend so it's back to the drawing board. Only good thing is I got exercise in! lol. Back to chugging down the water and eating the right things. Maybe I can sqeeze in some time today to put up some handy notes.....but I have a feeling I won't manage to today. There's always tomorrow
How'd your weekend go everyone??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:53 AM   #2  
Atkins Lover

Hey all!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful week last week and a better weekend!

Vacation was great, ATE waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much. DH and I had a good time. I'm not planning on getting on the scale or at least recording any weight this week. I don't want to get discouraged about vacations and having fun and for some reason...food goes along w/vacationing. So I'm gonna get back OP starting today and stick w/it.

Did buy a DVD player for upstairs so I can play my workout DVD's in the am or pm when the kids are in bed to go to sleep or are still sleeping. I'm still DVR'ing Denise Austin's workouts and doing those but want to add some more in. I'm also thinking about getting an exercise bike to ride at night while I watch my tv.

Brenda~ I am a big fan of a 'lived in' house look. ) I grew up in a house that was ALWAYS clean and it was hard. You could barely do anything. I want my kids to feel comfortable in my house and the same for my guests. It's 'clean' but believe me there are MANY times you wouldn't know it. LOL Have you tried cranking the radio and cleaning to some favorite tunes? I love doing that.

Today's Plan is: Slimfast LC Shake for breakfast and lunch, supper will be sausage and eggs, and any snacking will be mozzarella sticks. Goal is to drink 64ozs of water which will be hard since I have BARELY had any the last week. Exercise tonight:10 min. aeorbic workout followed by Body Flex concentrating on abs, arms, face and stomach. Would like to add in reverse stomach crunches at some point also, I'm thinking about 50.

Have a good day all and I'll talk to you tomorrow!!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:49 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning!

Its still raining here, started last night at around 9 and it hasnt quit yet. Thankfully we have only a bit of water in the basement, rather than the pool we usually get.

Not much planned for today, the sign dh and I were suppose to do this weekend got put off til today. My back was so sore, that there was no way I could bend over that sucker for long periods. So thats on todays agenda. No walk, because I dont have an umbrella ....well I do, I just cant find it So some cardio on the trampoline...thats about it for today.

Eating going well, weight is coming off, and my jeans finally feel looser!

Bec~ were are your veggies????? You need veggies!!! Good to have you back

Have a great day everyone!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #4  
Atkins Lover

Robin, hope the back is feeling better. I am really horrible about veggies. I need to re-read my Atkins and watch the videos again. I have this thought in my head that if I stick to strictly protein that the weight is going to 'melt' away. You are doing wonderfully losing the weight. What does a normal day look like for you food and exercise wise. What words of wisdom can you share for someone that is looking at starting induction over in a week? (Have to get through baby shower this weekend that I am helping host for best friend) Actually everyone's answer to that would be appreciated. Thanks all!!

bec
Old 09-26-2005, 12:57 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

I guess I'll start my average day....(4x a week)....

wake up,

40 min cardio on trampoline
~protein/fibre shake~
35-40 min weight training (3x a week)

lunch is often 1/2 can tuna with a tsp mayo and a cup of veggies (lately its been peas with a tsp butter and lots of pepper)

2mile walk

~low carb, low fat muffin...but only if Im hungry!

Supper, usually chicken or fish with at least 2 cups of veggies (usually broccoli) I dont care for salad, so I opt for non-salad veggies like broccoli, peas, brussel sprouts and squash. Always try for high fibre content. I eat as much chicken or fish and veggies as I want for supper.

min 64 oz water, and usually 3-6 cups of green tea iced

Take 2 days a week for rest...no workout, unless your doing something for fun, like biking or whatnot. The extra day I usually keep it lite and just walk.

Walking for me has been the best weightloss tool Im using as far as exercise goes! The trampoline is amazing at getting your heart rate up without alot of fancy foot movements and trying to keep up with someone on a dvd! I turn on good foot tappin' music and bounce away. You'd be surprised how fast you work your time up. I started with only 4 min at a time....in 3 weeks, Im up to 40. I love it!

Eating......I have issues with sugar so I stay away from it. But Ive gotten better at control and finding alternatives for cravings. I will always eat 3 meals a day...but alot of the times my calorie intake is too low. Only if Im still hungry will I eat more at mid afternoon, and around 8pm. Im a firm believer that you need to eat to keep the weight coming off, but I have food issues....Im not going to force myself to eat just because Ms or Mr So&So said to. With that said, I eat my meals, and when I need to (when the calories just arent there) I'll add things like natural peanut butter, extras that will bump up the intake, but not the bulk of food. When I need bulk, I eat oatmeal!

4 days a week I try to keep my carbs under 20% for the day, fat intake under 30% and the rest protein. The other 3 days just to keep my calorie intake under 1600, and my fat intake under 40%. Basically I eat up on those 3 days, but still watch the calorie count. I stagger the 3 days, they are never in a row....I wouldnt be able to keep control if I did.

This time I am keeping very accurate records. Fitday, and a daily log for food and exercise, and a weightloss chart. When Im feeling abit down on myself, its nice to pull it out, and see how good Im doing.

The last thing that seems to be working wonders are the notes Ive got around the house, and the self imaging. See my avatar? I want my back and behind to look like that....I can picture myself looking like that, when I look at it I see me. Thats a very powerful image when you think about it often. Its working!

Eating only protein will not help the fat melt away, it will bung you up good, and you'll be needing a few good doses of prune juice!! Why not start your induction today? Keep the baby shower day as a high calorie day? No point in waiting another day, thats just one more week you could have results in. And eat your veggies!! Did you know that many many veggies we eat use more calories to digest them, than are actually in them? So eat up girl!

That about it in a very big nutshell Hope it helps
Old 09-26-2005, 02:07 PM   #6  
Atkins Lover

Linda~ Thanks so much for sharing that w/us. I guess I'm confused more than anything. I thought w/Atkins you were supposed to stay away from veggies...especially w/induction? And peas, I thought those weren't good at all. I think I really need to re-read that book and get back on top of things. I really liked the things you were sharing and I am thinking about what kind of a plan to lay out for me. Love the thought about the trampoline but not sure that all would work out and I'm afraid I'd bust my kids trampoline (they have one of the small ones for in the house).

We get a beef for free from dh family so BEEF gets eatten real regular in our house. I go in streaks w/salads but love cooked caliuflower and brocilli. Maybe I should post 'my day' and have everyone help me out w/possible problem areas and areas that I'm doing good.

Thanks again Linda for sharing!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 02:19 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

peas are high carb, but have 7 grams of fibre per cup. Ive been craving them... go figure Who woulda thought Id crave peas?

Those small trampolines are great, thats what I have. I dont think you would have any trouble with it, if it was the spring type. The first one I had was the stretchy strap kind, suppose to hold up to 250 lbs....well I was starting at 240, but the stitching still came undone. Honestly, if you have springs in yours, you should be fine.

Atkins wants you to eat 2 cups of salad veggies a day. I dont like salad, but eat all the others, and count them in my carb total. Sure beats eating lettuce

Ive been at this 3 solid weeks, but the first week I didnt do any exercise, I concentrated on getting my eating under control.

Clear as mud?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:02 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Sounds like you all are getting ready to exercise. I absolutely hate to and until I get caught up on the housework won't be doing much of that. Then again, housework WOULD be exercise to me I don't mind the "lived in" look...it's the "oops, when did a tornado hit" look that is a tad much. lol. As for eating, I probably do too much of it and should cut down. I LOVE veggies and eat a huge salad. I need to cut down the lunch though and maybe a shake would do just that! I just keep forgetting to buy some. Maybe next time I'm at the store (should just put it on the list so I don't forget). Got some dishes done and Girl Scout stuff...but no cleaning. Unless you count a couple loads of wash??
Old 09-27-2005, 08:09 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday

Didn't get the lawn mowed (too wet) so I'm going to have to do it today once it dries out from the dew. Eating was good yesterday except the 5 jelly bellies I had (wasn't thinking when youngest DD put them in my mouth!). They didn't even taste good (Coffee flavor plus an unexplainable flavor). Water intake should be good today. I drank PLENTY last night
Hope you all have a great day
Old 09-27-2005, 08:35 AM   #10  
Atkins Lover

Morning ALL!!

Hope everyone had a good Monday and that Tuesday is another good day. I can't wait for Biggest Loser tonight...missed it last week while on vacation. That show gives me such motivation. I just wish I could drop the weight that fast like they are. I guess if I had a personal trainer and nutrionist that was with me all day for awhile that I would lose like that. HMMMM....maybe I should get one. LOL

I did good eating and working out yesterday. I had 3 large eggs for supper w/about 3/4c. of ham and a 1/8c. green pepper and a 1/8c. onions w/a 1/2c. shredded cheese on top.

I am having a shake for breakfast and lunch, and then salad for supper w/some roast beef. If I get on the ball I will make some hard boiled eggs to go w/my salad, maybe I'll even throw in some peas. ***Robin (first sorry about calling you Linda yesterday...I don't know where my head was!!!) would having a 1/2c. of cooked carrots be okay for veggies or since I'm doing induction it would be a no-no? A little confused there. For snacks I will have mozzarella stick and peanuts. Proper portions of course. Water intake to be at least 70ozs.

I did my 10min. power kickboxing workout and 10min. Denise Austin workout. I'm gonna do my Body Flex tonight and at least 30 reverse stomach crunches. Last night I about died and only got to 29. Maybe even another 10min. power workout. I really like that one I did this morning.

Just got an e-mail from biological dad's wife about my oldest daughters b-day and wanting to get her a gift. You know since I sent them an e-mail about wanting space, not wanting to mislead them (after meeting w/them earlier this summer and then her sending me a letter letting me know that they are DEBT big time and that there isn't gonna be anything money handed out when they die--NOTE, I was asking if I was in the will because for me I needed to know if HE had ever thought of me after he gave up rights and being noted in the will would say to me...HEY i loved you and thought of you--i don't care about $), only wanting relationship w/brother & sister, etc., HE still hasn't said crap. She responded about a week or so later and again last night. Makes me really see what I mean to him...NOTHING!!! It hurts so much and I just wish I could get over it and heal. But I can't and I don't know how. I'm trying to concentrate on me and that is going well and so is doing more w/the family. I just hate this lurking in the background. At least HIS wife is trying which I didn't think she wanted ANYTHING to do w/me prior because I was taking something away from her kids. I don't think that know. I just think HE is an *** and always will be. Enough there.

Got supper in the crock pot(roast w/carrots), upstairs bathroom is cleaned, load of laundry done, dishwasher going, kitchen cleaned, extra dishes washed, steps wiped down, & living room picked up. Still need to send out more open house invites for my new venture...Homemade Gourmet, need to work more on the scrapbook for best friends baby shower this Saturday (at least quilt is done), got to put together game gifts (have 5 of those to do) but will do those tomorrow since m-i-l is sending some baby boy suckers to go into them and them one big centerpiece for baby shower. I want to read some more in my Dr. Phil book, finished reading chapter 3 already this morning and am already coming up w/some better ideas to better my family. Maybe I should have started w/the self esteem book first and bettered myself then family. LOL Gonna pull out Atkins book and re-read induction part again.

Brenda~what do you do w/the GS? My dd is in it and I was just wondering because you are always doing something w/it. KUDOS on yesterday being a good day!!! That is awesome. My philosphy concerning the lawn....it can always wait.

Robin~Thanks again for sharing all that w/us yesterday. It really helped me out. I appreciate your knowledge of this and I hope that you won't mind when I 'run' to you w/questions. I'll try not to bother you to much w/them.

Well chickies and self...have a good one!!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:59 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

Brenda~ the jelly bean incident certainly brings many memories to mind The little boy across the street had been learning to bake (5yrs old), and he made chocolate brownies Well his mother knew I had cut out all that stuff, and she didnt offer one to me. But the little guy must have realized I didnt try his brownie, and when I was outside talking to his mom, he went in and cut me a piece, brought it to me in his hand, and waited very expectingly for me to try it and tell him how it was. Well, with that face looking up at me, and his mom watching me very closely, I took a bite, and of course it was deliciously chocolatey....and I had to finish it He was just thrilled, and ran and told his dad that "Miss Robin liked my brownies Dad!!" too cute! That was my treat for the week

Bec~ all right, first of all.....its not a bother and your not bothering me with your questions!! K? Thats why we are all here, for help and support, and to pick each others brains for ideas. So pick away!! I noticed the Linda yesterday, and I had to go back and see where her post was Its strange to be called Linda in cyberland, because Linda, and Marilyn are the 2 names I get called often. Funny, and you havent even met me

I checked on the carrots, they are 6 carbs for 1/2 cup of raw, with 2 grams of fibre. So that gives you a total of 4 carbs for your carrots. So thats good. I dont eat many carrots, because I find when Im having trouble keeping my sugar cravings in check, carrots dont help at all.

Yesterday I finally got the sign put together, but I made a big mistake on a section, and that has to be redone today. Not a big deal, just tedious. I didnt do any exercise yesterday. Took a complete rest day, I feel better for it today. Im actually looking forward to my workout later. Yesterday was also a calorie fill up day. That's helped alot too.

Thats about it around here for now, I'll check back later....have a good one
Old 09-27-2005, 07:35 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

Bec: sorry to hear about the trouble w/your biological dad. Hope you don't let "him" get you down and hope you realise you're worth more and it's HIS loss!! I'm the co-leader w/my (both) daughters GS troops. I make up the troop newsletter (they get printed for each girl), plus a contest (to see who's actually READING the newsletter). I also help run the meeting.

Robin: your brownie story sounds so sweet! I had another incident today. The neighbor lady brought over a dessert I just HAD to try. Well, I picked the smallest piece. lol. It was DELICIOIUS! Chocolate, saltines, and I don't remember what else. It was the chocolate that got me. lol.

Well, I went and broke the riding lawn mower again. Managed to fix the first "break" which was the steering. Banged the pipe back on and it worked...but then "blew" a spark plug. The inside is stripped so couldn't replace it. BIL says it needs a new head or something or other and all I know is I'm NOT push mowing the blasted lawn! DH is silly enough to do it but I'm not. Last time I did that I screwed up my ankle. NOT a good thing. Water was not good today but eating (other than the small dessert) is. Not looking forward to WI tomorrow but at least TOM is out of the way
Old 09-27-2005, 08:46 PM   #13  
Lovin' Life

Sometimes, its just rude to refuse chocolate treats from neighbours!!

Bec~ I agree with Brenda, try hard...and its something your going to have to work on, but try very hard not to let him get to you. Dont let it take up space in your brain, it will make you crazy. He isnt worth it. You are a wonderful spirited person (I can tell )

Well, I finally got the sign done, and it looks like I have a heap of work tomorrow too. Two more big signs, and a couple grand opening banners...its nice to be busy. I was telling dh I was starting to get cabin fever all ready...and its only september

Nighty night
Old 09-28-2005, 07:08 AM   #14  
Baby Steps

Robin: Great going on getting the sign done! How can you be getting cabin fever? Then again, seems I'm home less now that I don't have a job than I was when I did

Well, WI was a disappointment but it was my own fault. I ate a pear AND an apple right before bed (10:30), didn't get a lot of sleep, PLUS I didn't get all my water in. But that's ok, next weeks WI I'm bound and determined to get 2 more pounds off!! Wis me luck!
Old 09-28-2005, 07:29 AM   #15  
Atkins Lover

Morning All~

Robin & Brenda~ Thanks so much for you caring words and wisdom!! I'm trying hard to get past it but as I worded it to his current wife in an e-mail yesterday, "There has been to much pain in my life and I just don't want to go back to being that little girl that doesn't understand why her daddy doesn't want her...okay, maybe it's a big girl that doesn't understand why her daddy doesn't/didn't want her. " It's a long process and I'm getting over it slowly, if you ever can get over something like that. I'm really enjoying Dr. Phil's Family First book. It helps a little w/this situation. I'm sure the self esteem one of his will be even better.

Brenda~Next will be your week to lose!! I can feel it girl. Drink that water!! ) I love the story about the neighbor and the snack. My helped my 2 youngest make pudding yesterday for last night's snack and I couldn't help but lick the spoon after scooping it out for them. **That's on the Atkins right Robin. LOL

Robin~I had some veggies and was thinking of you as I was eating them!

Yesterday was a good day for me. I followed my meal plan and did an extra 30 minutes of aeorbics last night (I think that is what you would call dancing around living room like a crazy person w/80's music cranked). I was so proud of myself and I did weigh in this morning......

276!!! I am so proud of myself. Yes that is what I weighed last week on Sunday, but after vacation I didn't think I would be able to get back to this weight this fast. I am so happy. I'm doing it right and that makes me happy!!

It is a little over two months since I have joined and I have lost 13lbs total. This is the longest I have stuck w/anything and I am so glad for that. I can't get over all the new friendships I have made and what a difference being on here makes. Thanks for being such a support system you all!! It has helped me greatly.

I have met my goal for September as far as the exercise. I am working out 4x a week and kinda starting to like it. It is a good feeling. Now today I didn't, but my body aches from yesterday's beating. LOL It is a good ache, but I didn't want to add much more to it.

Today's Plan is SFLC shake for breakfast and lunch, mozzarella stick and 1/2c squash w/a little butter for snacks and then a salad for supper w/maybe some tuna or I may go w/ scrambled eggs w/cheese and some smoked sausage links. 70ozs. of water is a must. I would like to do my Body Flex tonight and 30 reverse stomach crunches. WE shall see. Depends on the time I get home.

I have a parish education meeting tonight, I'm sure it won't be like the ones in August. The chairperson resigned. NO, I will not take over, NO, I will not take over. I need to keep telling myself all day so it doesn't happen. I need to sit back and wait for a bit.

I enjoyed watching TBL last night also and was soooo glad to see Nick go. Man, what a jerk. I couldn't believe how bad Matt was shaking. Poor guy, but he was right he made the right the decision.