Old 09-22-2005, 11:05 PM   #1  
rainyweather

Default Can you eat occasional sweets?

Hi, I haven't joined LAWL yet(have my appt tomorrow) but have been doing alot of research about it including reading what all of you have written which has been extremely helpful. My question is, on this diet, do you only get to eat proteins, vegetables, fruits, carbs--do you ever get to have that occasional slice of cheesecake, etc. ?

Also, my other concern is the 1 dairy a day--any suggestions to increase that besides taking calcium pills?
xfile21367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:38 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I've only been on the plan for 5 weeks (lost 12 pounds) so Im not an expert, but there are a few "sweets" on my plan. I can have fat free/sugar free ice cream or peanut butter on a rice cake with lite chocolate syrup, you can have sugar free candy three per day, you can use the LA Lites they sell, etc. Cheesecake? No. But what I am finding is that the same ol treats no longer appeal to me and the loss is so amazing that it counterracts any emotional craving for sweet treats. Good luck, I hope you join LAWL, its awesome!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:25 AM   #3  

Hi xfile!

I agree with Deets --sweet treats are not part of the regular diet, although you can use ff ice cream to substitute as a starch. There is no concept of 'flex points' like in WW during the week. However, not allowing them does sort of remove the temptation!
What I usually do is only have them during special occaisions, and have a small piece.

If you do the lites, they are yummy, like candy bars. .

The diet only does allow one dairy serving a day.

Let us know what you decide!
Julie
The question about
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:08 AM   #4  

Hi xfile,

I have to agree with what was said already, and I did weight watchers for a while and the problem i found was that i would buy the cheescake (for me it was the lofthouse sugar cookies). But anyhow, I would say I can have one for 5 points, but since they were around I ended up eating more (ussually all) of them.

This is my fourth week and I was a carb, sugar, fat freak and i really have lost alot of those cravings. i think it helps so much not to have them in the house. I don't like chocolate, so i make sure to buy my son snacks that have chocolate or somehtin i know I don't like so her can still have his sweets without tempting me.

now i won't lie, I do get tempted whnI am around things (like at an office party, free samples at the grocery store...etc) But i have found that the key to this is to plan out your day. i make sure i have lunch before going down to the good-bye party so that i will already be full. I carry my water with me and drink some all day long.

It is amazing what your body is capable of doing and how quickly it gets use to eating healthy and won't let you eat as much of that junk. i tried to have a piece of fried chicken and my stomach felt terrible becaus ei had not had that type of grease is so long...so belive me it is not as bad as it might seem.

And for he most part you can sneak in some off plan sweets in moderation and small pieces as long as you don't get carried away and you try to count it correctly.

I realize that i have typed a mile, so i will stop but there are so many sweet mixtures of fruit and starch you can put together and the lites are really great for sweet cravings.

Please keep us updated and keep asking questions, i wish i would have founf this site before my consultation
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 12:54 PM   #5  
rainyweather

Smile

Thank you all of you for your insight and help with this. I have my appointment in a few hours, and I think I'm going to join! I'm sure I'll have more questions as I start the program, and I'll enjoy continuing to read your posts!

Thank you so much!
xfile21367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 01:07 PM   #6  

The LA Lites are yummy and that comes from a certified chocoholic......
Also FF Jello with Lite or ff coolwhip......
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:35 PM   #7  

What I do at an event or party is take ONE bite of my husband or child's dessert and that does it for me - I swear I was the most unhealthy eater before joining - my diet was disgusting. Well, now I occasionally splurge - had a small piece of gooey butter cake at work on Wed, but I don't have any problem staying on program at home or when I'm in normal situations.
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote