Old 09-21-2005, 10:55 PM   #1  
Sweat is my friend!

Default Shedding the Pounds...Waiting for Baby....

This group was created for women who are interested in loosing weight/getting in shape, with a mission in mind in becoming a mommy for the first time. We are here to motivate and fully support eachother during this wonderful journey. So if you want to be on board, come join us! Don't be afraid in getting a little sweaty!

+ =

Members:

PhatStarlett - Starlett
GetFitt - Deanna

Last edited by getfitt; 09-21-2005 at 11:34 PM. Reason: wrong code
getfitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:45 PM   #2  

Default Great Group

I think this a wonderful group, For I have been trying to conceive for almost 4 yrs, The doctor told me that I may have to lose weight in order to have a baby but I can't seem to get motivated. This forum is a sure way to help me to talk to others just like me and and get the support I need to loose that weight. So thanks for the creating this group it is truly wonderful and will be a blessing in the making.
Phat Starlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:35 AM   #3  
Sweat is my friend!

Hey Scarlett! Thanks for being so patient with me last night on MSN. I can't believe my mic was not working..chipmunk.. Perhaps a new nick name?

We have been TTC since August 2002. In the beginning of March, I contacted my GYN and got a Rx for my husband to get a Semen Analysis but on March 23, 2003, we found we were pregnant. But on April 12th, 2003, I had a miscarriage. We were both completely devastated. I've never felt such emptiness and dispair. I have never seen my husband cry but on that day, he was emotionally gone. My husband has lost both of his parents before the age of 21 (His mother passed away from Cervical Cancer and his father was shot by a Police officer on accident) and when this happened, he was angry and sad..I felt so awful and confused. I always knew the 'signs' to watch for if a miscarriage were to happen but never thought it would happen to us. That night, I called my Midwife at her home to tell her I was in pain and she tried to comfort me as best as she could. She was wonderful. My husband was wonderful...he was there for me and stayed strong for me and even though we have been through a lot, it has made us stronger.

So..we're still TTC and I'm at a complete loss. We have talked about doing fertility meds, getting further testing done..but right now, I truly do not want to do that. I want to do everything *I* can to insure a healthy pregnancy, healthy hormones, ect. Yes, I should have thought about this before trying..but I can only move forward. So this is my plan. What it all comes down to though, is that it's not *all* about wanting/having a baby with my weight..I truly want to be healthy. I want to eat healthy and exercise on a regular basis..not make it some chore that has to be scratch off of a list. I want to incorporate a healthy eating plan and exercising, into my life..to make it my lifestyle and goal.

So that's my story.

I'm really glad I found you Scarlett. Your a great friend.

We can do this! I have faith in you (and others who want to join!) and know that if you set goals and have support (that's where your motivation comes from too!), you will kick butt! Hang in there and take one day at a time. I promise...we CAN do this!

Love,
Deanna
getfitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 02:07 AM   #4  

Default Dearest Friend

I am so sad at this moment I gained 4 pounds, putting me at 229 this is bad for me. How can I get pregnant if I can't loose no weight. I really need your help.
Phat Starlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 12:00 PM   #5  
Tired of being fat!

S/C/G: 335/319/165

Height: 5'11

Wow, I cant believe there are others in the same predicament. I want to lose weight mainly because I am disgusted with how big I have become, but also I want to have kids. But I need to lose weight, not only to have a successful pregnancy but to be able to be active with my kids when I do have them. I have a LOOONG ways to go, but with the right support I know it can be done.
time4aChange is offline   Reply With Quote