Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-21-2005, 12:29 AM   #1  
Walking by faith

Default Wednesday Chick Chat, September 21

It's Wednesday morning (in the Eastern time zone, anyway)

Liz: I can see you just fine ! How is your new job going? You mentioned 'fall colors' in one of your posts. One of the things I miss about New England

Leenie: I'm glad to hear the good news about your DS. I have diverticular disease too. I've never had a major flare up, but I have to be careful about what I eat (no popcorn, sunflower seeds, etc.).

Kierie: WTG girl! It's great to watch the tummy disappear! Keep up the good work

SueMarie: I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation. Just think, you're on the home stretch with school...it will all be behind you soon!

Ashlie: It's good to see you posting. How are you doing?

CIN, Marble, Mmarie:

Cathy: All of you on or near the Gulf Coast are in my prayers. Maybe GOD will send a strong wind and just shred that thing to pieces! Please let us know how you're doing

I'll join you for coffee in the morning Right now, I need to get some SLEEP!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:31 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Hi Joanne I've been thinking about you lately, how is your son if you don't mind me asking?

Well its a beautiful day out and my allergies are on FIRE!!! sore throat, sneezing, stuffy head...blah blah blah.

Whats happening with you all ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:49 AM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

I'm COLD!!!! it's freezing in my office!!!! I'm sleep deprived, I'm cranky, crabby and annoyed....and at the end of my checking account.

for $1.00 I'd go home and climb back in bed and watch TNT reruns all day...and not eat (no appetite, I'm trying to keep up the pace with my weightloss, I feel the *urge* coming on to step on the scale). I tried on some of my smaller clothes this AM before I threw them around the bedroom...and although they still don't fit properly, I no longer look like a bad joke. I shared my 1/2 pumpernickle bagel with the dog.

Is it too early to want a cocktail?
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Gang~

I am so sorry I haven't had a chance to post. I cannot tell you how crazy it is down here.

As ya'll know Rita is a Cat 4 this morning and they are saying it will be a 5 by this afternoon *sigh* We will probably decide in the morning if we will have to leave, but if they say it is going in at Galveston I believe we will be staying. They are saying to evacuate only north - not east or west - and I checked last night - there is not a hotel room from here until Hot Springs, Akransas which is a day's drive in regular traffic *yuck*

They are telling everybody to stock up for 5 days without electricity. We usually prepare for only 3 but with all the problems in New Orleans they are saying it will just take longer to get electricity to the places that lose it.

I went to Walmart yesterday after work to stock up a little better and that place was like Christmas Eve. All the non perishable foods were really picked over. When I turned down the isle with bottled water there was not even a piece of paper in the isle. The isle was totally empty. So I figured they had moved all the water up to the front of the store, but I checked and asked some of the clerks and they said they did not a have a bottle of water in the store and did not know when they would be receiving any. We probably have enough bottled water at home, but I was gonna make sure we had plenty.

It's just crazy down here ya'll.

I'm sorry I don't have time to respond to each of your posts, but you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

hope everyone has a great day!

hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 09-21-2005 at 09:58 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:11 PM   #5  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Cathy, you're in my thoughts and prayers. Do you have empty bottles/jugs that you can fill with tap water before you lose electricity. I don't know if you have any pets, but when we lived where there were hurricanes, we'd fill the tub up with water so I could give the pets water, wash my hands, etc. good luck and I hope Rita just blows away but it doens't look like it will.

Marble, if you get a cocktail, so do I. I woke up cranky but am getting over it. I hate being cold at work. I can sympathize!!!! I'm glad your smaller clothes don't make you look like a joke anymore. Mine still do. I don't fit in the larger clothes, too baggy and the smaller ones are too tight. I need to get my butt back in gear on the diet.

Leenis, feel better!!!!!

Hey Joanne, enjoy the sleep then have the coffee. I had Irish cream coffee this morning and it was delicious. Not really fitting into my diet, but it was good.

I've been bad the last two days on the diet. Overeating at lunch. Today I brought lean and tasty food so I should be good. I haen't exercised since Sunday so today I will ride the exercycle or the gazelle. Yesterday was DS2's birthday so we went to Applebee's and I enjoyed every bite. Not a guilty feeling for that. It was yummy. I love chicken parmesan.

I guess I should get back to work. TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:48 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
Its been an insano day at work I shouldn't even be taking 15 for lunch
Marb can i watch Primetime in the daytime with you?
Cathy I'll be praying for you and your fam be safe and well
Joanne Good to see you
Marie long term success is about allowing for things like special dinners and getting back on the horse the next day
bbl
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:03 PM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

yep, my mental health day of laying in bed.....I know all the stupid dx. from ER, slapped Carter when he became an addict during his Anesthesia rotation, know Amy and her family members *personally*....NYPD Blue (I was Jimmy Smit's first wife and I secretly murdered Jill's junkie x-husband to save her).....I sat shiva for Lenny Briscoe a few months ago after Jack McCoy dismissed my charges, and I can cast spells to save Innocents with Phebee and Pru while we work out our abs to wear those belly shirts and low slung jeans.

i think I need a life.......
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:34 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie
Good Morning

Hi Joanne I've been thinking about you lately, how is your son if you don't mind me asking?

Well its a beautiful day out and my allergies are on FIRE!!! sore throat, sneezing, stuffy head...blah blah blah.

Whats happening with you all ?
Oh Leenie, the allergy time is terrible here. Pastor can barely talk. My nose is so stuffed that I have to sleep sitting up. Roger and I both look like we've been crying cause our eyes are red slits. I guess it's all the cutting that the farmers around us have been doing.

Cathy, I'm watching the news and praying for your safety.

Gotta get off the keyboard.....Roger needs it.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:51 PM   #9  
CIN

Hi Gals
Whew!!!! Mon & Tues was rough with a cold to speak to 6 large groups but I managed! Glad to be off until Friday now!

Went to school for Grandparents Day Lunch...............school food never changes..I was at least going to get the yummy dessert but since my Grandson Jake chose fresh fruit I thought I would follow his example!

Cathy.I cannot believe another Hurricne! Our thoughts arw with you and hopefully it will miss you!

Later taters
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:11 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Marb Love Piper Pru and Phoebe I see them every day at 6 but they're being replaced by alias GRRR
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:41 PM   #11  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

hi everyone. Ugh well counting calories started out well. I lost 2 pounds and am holding that. I am much more aware of what I'm eating but remembering to write it all down is a problem. I'm modifying the diet just by eating things I know will be lower calories and not eating as much. Actually stayed in the 12-1400 cal range though without much problem.
Well I'm off to ride my mare soon. Riding burns lots of calories Then home to watch the season premire of LOST. I love that show.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 12:55 AM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

Joanne – Yeah… I wish tho I could say it’s almost over but once I graduate… I have to take my credential program. That’s another year. ICK! I can do it! I will survive!

Cathy - !!!!! You have my prayers with you! I cannot believe the hurricane season this year! You just post when you’ve got time, but please keep us up to date on your situation.

Marble & Joanne – YAY for Charmed!!!! Love them! To bad Cole had to go sour… he is a hottie hehehe

Cowgirl – That’s great. I found that counting calories was the only way that really helped me. Congrats! I need to do a bit better on my calorie intakes! Keep going!

Ladies… I’ve been busy scrambling to get things ready for classes which start tommorrow. Its going to be LONG days for me. Working at 8 am and classes going til 8pm. Ugh… I not looking forward to this term at all!

I’ve avoiding weighing in for a while… I think I’ll wait a little longer until I can feel a little secure with my eating. I am hoping with being busy… I’ll be able to schedule myself a little better. Does that sound funny? I couldn’t organize myself while I was not busy, but maybe I can do it while I am busy hehehe….

Take care everyone!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote