South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 08:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chat - September 20

Good Tuesday morning, Chickies.

I'm in a new routine since the MOD weekend - I've been sleeping in until after six! The Girls did too. However, they left "gifts" on the kitchen floor in "celebration" of being home so I've just washed my floor again! Now I'm rewarding myself for not losing it with a coffee and sf chocolate mix.

It's sort of muggy here again. Does anybody else want fall? Our trees are sort of glazed with colour so it's on its way. We had rain again so it's too wet for gardening today but I will go out for a short walk. My knee and I did a fair amount of walking in Philly - well, more than I do around here - and it doesn't seem any worse for it. Today I'll take one dog and walk down for the paper. Two on the lead are a bit tricky - think tripping the DogMum!

This afternoon I'll go visit Harry and take him his Philly souvenirs and then go to the clinic for footcare. Doesn't that all sound exciting?

Oh yeah - I lost the two pounds I gained in Philly so changed my ticker this morning. I have to keep my ticker honest!

What's happening around your stretch of sand?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:29 AM   #2  

Good morning!

I am having trouble getting up too! I kept hitting the snooze button. I could have kicked myself this morning as I was rushing around. I was late to work.... bad habit.

I have every intention of going to the gym tonight. I was lazy all week last week. This weekend, I had plenty of time to go to the gym, but I sat on my butt! So, I need to get back to it this week. I am hoping that everything falls in place well enough for me to take a yoga class at 7:30. I am going to put a chicken in the crockpot at lunch today, so dinner will be waiting when I get home. : )

I had the meatball casserole again last night. That is sooo good! I don't know what I would do without the recipes on this site!

I hope everyone is doing well today!
Old 09-20-2005, 08:49 AM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning everyone. It's quiet in here today. For some reason I seem to be retaining water still 4 days after TOM is over. Weird. Doesn't usually last this long. I'm watching my salt and drinking a lot but I'm still swollen. I have some diuretics but want to try to avoid those if possible. If by tonight it's not better I may take one.

djett: That meatball casserole sounds good. I'll have to try that soon. Does it take a long time to cook?

ruth: good morning. have a great day.

Everyone else: WAKE UP!!
Old 09-20-2005, 08:50 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Hmmmm - chicken in the crockpot. Do you have a recipe? I have not yet made the meatball cassrole - I think I'm afraid of it! Same thing with the Taco Bake. I guess I'm afraid of portion control and would eat the whole thing. I'll run the Meatball casserole through MasterChef and post the serving number and nutritional info when I get a minute or 60!
Old 09-20-2005, 09:13 AM   #5  

Pearshape- The meatball casserole usually takes about 45 minutes to make. More if you have to stop in the middle of everything to deal with your 3 year olds potty accident. It is well worth it when you are craving Italian.

Ruth- I sort of have a recipe for the chicken. I went to a website that someone posted here about crockpot recipes that were SBD friendly. All you do according to the recipe is put lemon pepper on a whole chicken (as little or as much as you would like.) I am using a chicken spice rub that my husband got a big thing of at Sam's on a whim. I believe you cook it on low for about 6 hours. It sounded worth a try.

Portion control has never been an issue with me on the things like that. It's the candies and junk food that I have a problem with. I found the taco bake to be so filling that I didn't go crazy with it. The recipe says it serves 4, but I get a lot more servings out of it than that. And on phase 2 if you add a ww tortilla it is very filling. I could see myself going crazy with the meatballs though.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:16 AM   #6  
keep on dancin'!!

Red face

Hey gals!

Today is my long day of classes--sociology of gender, sociology of childhood and greek tragedy class and I am doing a presentation in sociology of childhood! i'm not usually nervous (it doesn't help that the DBF left a little lovebite on my neck this weekend! )...but i am totally nervous today!

Other than that, congrats on losing weight, Ruth!
and Pearshape, keep on truckin'!
Djett, I totally did that this morning also!

Well, the darling boyfriend just called to recite geology terms for his test...so I'll listen

Have a Great Day, sweeties!
Old 09-20-2005, 09:20 AM   #7  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Wow! Where oh where are all the little chicks?

Morning all!

Wow I have forgotton how much work cooking this diet straight from the book is. I also forgot how yummy it is too! Yesterday I left work early and made the grilled salmon, grilled chicken breasts, steamed asparagus, made the mini quiche cups, cilantro mayo, chopped salad and the dressing, made my turkey roll ups and whew! I was pooped. But today I'm very excited that all my ducks are in a row for my eating today.

Yes portions seem to be the key for me. I'm measuring everything and I've forgotton how bad portion creep can be. Let's just say my vanilla ricotta was a lot smaller last night than it usually is.

I too have to change my ticker. I weighed myself today and I'm at 213. So I have to be honest to myself and change it. I hate the way I feel. Like a little puff ball. However by last night I was already feeling better and excited to be making postive-proactive diet plans and putting them into motion.

You know I was thinking with my brain last night - what a great business it would be to start a company that cooks and delivers fresh diet food. Like meals on wheels for dieters.

My first big hurdle will be the wine tasting event I work at every year for Gilda's Club. That is this Saturday. But last year I just tucked some LF cheese in my pocket and picked the shrimp off the top of some
hors d oeveres and I did fine.

Have a super day chicks!
Old 09-20-2005, 09:27 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Morning everyone...I am having a rotten day...looks like I may lose my job...Long story, but I got hired to replace a girl who was leaving at the end of the summer...now she decides she wants to stay...so we all have to sit down and talk today...send some good vibes my way!! Hope everyone is doing ok...I will check back in later.
Kathy
Old 09-20-2005, 09:44 AM   #9  

Kathy - You've got my best wishes! Good luck with your job.

anchor weight - That would be a wonderful service. There are times I would love to have healthy food delivered.

Hi, Livvygirl and pearshape!

djett - I'm with you - my problem is cookies and candy. Let's just say I haven't been perfect lately.

Ruth - Taco Bake would be a great meal because it freezes well. I freeze it in serving size portions and then reheat it and serve it with lots of lettuce, tomatoes etc. Sometimes I serve it on a ww tortilla

me - WFH again today. I'm fixing lamb stew this afternoon so it will be ready for dinner tonight. I've found that it tastes great to add lots of extra veggies to it like mushrooms and spinach. And it's great with ww egg noodles.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:45 AM   #10  

Oh Kyemom, that's just terrible! I hope they find someway to keep you on..or hopefully at least you could collect unemployment if you cant get another job!

Amy: You're doing great getting back on plan! I know exactly what you mean about "Portion Distortion" ..I was good on phase 1 yesterday.. must concentwate on my water again though..I'm slippin!

Ruth: It's bloody hot and humid here.. Looks like the whole week will be in the 80s... hmmm..I guess it's just something I'll get use to being a Nothen gal! Have a good visit with H!

Livvy: oh GADS a love bite! too hot for a turtle neck eh? maybe some good ole foundation..

Djett: hmmm I think I'll give that meatball thingy a go... but this week.. I'm running out to the store to buy some maple extract to make a batch of pearseydews Yumola Granola..

Alrighty then DAYLIGHTS A BURNIN.. . MUST GO GO GO!!!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:09 AM   #11  

good morning all! On my way out the door to take kids to school and then off to work with me.
Some good news, I am back into the jeans I wore last winter! now I just need to get back into the ones I was in 4 years ago and I'll be a VERY happy beacher.
Very hot here today, but I used the slight chance of rain as an excuse to wear the jeans. LOL
KYEMOM-good luck-everyone will be sending their positive thoughts your way.
RUTH-try the taco bake-I also freeze it into portions and reheat-just had leftovers last night.
LIVVY-I hear garlic works to keep the BF off your neck-LOL
HAVE a WONDERFUL day all!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:14 AM   #12  

want2wearbikini- you still have pants you wore 4 years ago?? Wow! I just couldn't stand that stuff sitting around mocking me! I got rid of all of mine. But, I am happy to report that last years pants fit loose!
Old 09-20-2005, 11:00 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Mystery of the doggy "celebration" has been solved - I think. I had lots of meadow mushrooms growing in the dog yard yesterday. There are none today! They are edible but The Girls pigged out! I'll have to remove the mushrooms daily. Just another pile of poop on the Road of Life!

No, I don't eat the ones growing in the dog yard, just the lovely ones behind the barn. Yesterday I picked a 12 inch puffball and presented it to my neighbours. I'm hoping the morels will show up again this year.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:29 AM   #14  

The girls gave you "meadow muffins" HeHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Old 09-20-2005, 11:52 AM   #15  
RNMOM

Default Hi

Quick fly-by for me today, busy with classes. I did get my run in this AM, pretty good since I was up at 0230 for no reason..........except I drank 2 L of water yesterday.
Sending happy vibes and good eating vibes to everyone! Have a great day!
Closed Thread