Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-19-2005, 09:18 PM   #1  

Default Help! I can't stop eating!

I just started trying to lose weight before Katrina. I lost maybe a lb or two then I evacuated to my fathers house (my hometown.) I gained those back plus a few, the lost it all again. That was the last time I weighed myself. I know I gained it all back because the past week or so I can't stop eating!!! I got my old job back where they make pizza and other foods. I can basicly make whatever I want for free, employees aren't suppose to but they basicly treat me (along with a few others) like a manager. So I've eaten pizza every day I worked. What makes it worse is I'm so tired from working, everything to do with katrina, fixing things in my dad's house and just a unexpected huge change in lifestyle that I have been so tired and lazy. So I haven't had the best diet when I am home and I haven't worked out. I tell myself I'm gonna go to the gym or eat right but without even thinking I don't. Oh! The worst of it all is the soda! I've been drinking so much of it!
I need something to break this. I crave to be skinny and in shape so bad. I feel so gross I'm embarissed to even go to work most days.
Chubby Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:04 PM   #2  
Determined

You're going through a whole lot right now! My sympathy and prayers are with you. If I understand you right, you are still not at home? I don't know how your town fared in the hurricane. That in itself is an immense amount of stress. Then there is the stress of a new home, and it's always difficult as an adult to move back in with parents, even if they are wonderful. Add to that the struggle of weight loss and you've got a lot on your plate! With that in mind, I would suggest very small changes. Maybe first just switch to diet, then add a walk after work. When that is habit, try bringing meals to work. It's hard when you're surrounded by junk food at work to eat right. I would suggest maybe finding someone who wants to lose weight at work to keep you accountable. Don't forget to take time for you too in this hard time. Get a massage or go see a movie to keep yourself relaxed and happy. Good luck and let us know how you're doing!
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote