Old 09-19-2005, 06:05 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly Chat 9/19-9/25

Good (early) Monday morning, ladies!

I haven't been posting much (crazy busy!), but I've been popping in now and again to read everyone's posts. I've especially been checking the Thanksgiving Challenge thread, too, and am sorry to report that I haven't budged a bit as of yet, so I more than likely will not reach my goal, but I will still try to get a loss in there before it's over!

We spent Saturday with Jeff's father's side of his family. We went out to his aunt and uncle's house and arrived around 1pm and just hung out for a few hours talking to his dad (he lives in Florida, so Jeff doesn't get to see him much) and watching tv. Then we went to the hall around 4:30 to make sure everything was set for the party--his aunt and uncle were having a 20th wedding anniversary party, and over 100 guests were expected, so it was pretty much like a family reunion for their side. It was nice to meet so many people from Jeff's family (though I'll probably never see many of them again, as often Jeff even had to be introduced--lots of "oh my goodness, last time I saw you you were 'this tall!'"), but it was fun. We left semi-early (just after 10pm) since pretty much everyone there, with the exception of the few small children, was drunk. Jeff and I don't drink, so we actually had to drive his dad out to the store for creamer at one point since we were the only ones completely sober. Who knows how they all got home that night...

So, needless to say, I didn't do very well with food over the weekend. However, much to my surprise, I hopped on the scale this morning and am only up about 3 pounds, which should be no problem to get rid of over the next few days (especially since I am working at the restaurant tonight and tomorrow night). We ate out at restaurants a lot, but I have been making some better choices (not necessarily perfect, but at least better ). For instance, I have given up french fries, so I always get a baked potato or side salad or something like that instead. I also try to opt for grilled chicken instead of fried, and at Ruby Tuesday on Friday night, I had a bison burger instead of a regular hamburger (much less fat). I also sometimes used to get regular soda when we went out, but now it is strictly diet soda, light lemonade, or water. I figure why add extra calories in something that is so easy to control? If only I'd been so smart all along

Well, this coming weekend, I have to start packing! Moving day is now less than a month away. I start packing this weekend, then go to Virginia Beach to go wedding dress shopping with my sister next weekend, then pack the rest the following weekend, and move the weekend after that! And hopefully through all this, I won't have to be working at Ruby's at all, so I can just focus on the new part-time gig, packing, and keeping my sanity

Last edited by jillybean720; 09-19-2005 at 06:32 AM.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:22 AM   #2  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Jill -Wow! You really do sound busy!! But it also sounds like you have some fun things to look forward to-- like dress shopping.
I have wondered about those Bison burgers, but haven't tried them yet. I think I've said this before on one of these threads, but Ruby Tuesday is one of my favorite places to eat around here because they actually offer good tasting, healthy meals- the salmon is my favorite.

I am up and on these boards extra early since I had to come set up everything at work before my 8am class. My goal this week is not to whine since this is going to be my schedule for the next four days at least.
My weekend was pretty fun I guess...went home and saw some old high school friends and hung out with some new people. Still haven't met my future husband yet but I'm working on it. Food wise... it was pretty iffy at best. It was my mom's birthday so we had some food related things going on there. I don't know when I'll be going home again, but I need to work out a serious eating plan whether that is limiting my stay to one day or just packing a bunch of safe foods with me.
The one real success I had was not drinking! Both nights we went out I volunteered to be the designated driver so I saved myself a lot of calories that way.

This saturday is my 5k with my mom. I'm nervous and excited. I know I won't be able to run the whole way, but I'm hoping that I will be able to run a lot more than I could the last time. Well, I know I will since then I was only able to jog about 1minute stretches at a time. Unfortunately, my roommate is having her birthday party friday night at our apartment...rarr...I'm not thrilled about this but there isn't anything I can do about it.

Oh, and I've decided that since I can get it at work for free, I'm going to start drinking green tea in the mornings instead of coffee. I've been curious about it for a long time. Does anyone else drink it on a regular basis? If so, what do you guys put in yours?

Happy Monday!!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:38 AM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Arrrrgh, I just wrote a really long post and then my web browser crashed and ate it.

Jill -- Wow, you are a busy lady!

Lizzie -- Good luck on the 5k! Take it easy, just entering is an accomplishment!

My big news of the week (as expected) is that I'm engaged! I had typed up all the details in the post that my web browser ate, but I'll just say he proposed in a park and it was very romantic and sweet. And then we went to the zoo afterwards! Here are links to some pictures of the ring: picture 1 and picture 2. They're not great pictures, it's hard to take a picture of jewelry!

My eating this weekend was BAD BAD BAD though, I don't even want to mention what I ate it was that bad. But today I am back on track, I went to the gym for the first time in way too long and had a great workout, and I have packed homemade vegetable soup for lunch (what could be healthier?). The weather is beautiful here in Providence, it's starting to hint that fall is coming. My only bad news this week other than the eating is that I got a surprise hospital bill for $639! I'm pretty sure it is a mistake though, I tried calling but apparently they are in a meeting until 2pm today. I have never even been to that hospital!

Last edited by paperclippy; 09-19-2005 at 11:40 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:08 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

I have bad news for you, WastedThermos--the new menu is rolling out for Ruby Tuesday soon, and the salmon is off the menu! No more salmon at Ruby's My favorite dish is the Asian steamed dumplings with Thai peanut sauce--about 500 calories for the whole dish (6 dumplings plus sauce). However, they are changing the sauce for those, too, so we'll see if the new sauce is any good...
Old 09-19-2005, 12:14 PM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

Jilly: You are a busy girl. I'm always impressed at all you do.

Lizzie: I drink green tea with some sweetner in it. I really like it. I really should drink it more often, but I always seem to reach for coffee in the morning instead of the tea. I should work on that.

Papperclippy: Wow! Beautiful ring! CONGRATS!

Well, this weekend was an eating disaster. Too much eating and drinking. It was just bad, bad, bad! I really need to get it under control. I have the exercise part of this weight-loss equation down, it's the eating (and drinking) part that I can't seem to figure out.

Saturday was a beach bar day. There are so many fun, small, local bars along the beach. So, we hit a few up this weekend. It's so relaxing to watch the beach and have a drink or two (or three). Some friends were complaining about their weight (as we all ate and drank terrible stuff), and we decided we were all going to get together a couple of nights a week and either walk or rollerblade or do some form of activity. I figure a little extra exercise couldn't hurt anything! I'm not planning on it being anything strenuous (I'll use my gym time for that), but it will be extra movement each week.

I'll be traveling for work most of this week, and then I have a trip home this weekend, so I'm worried about my eating and exercise. Hopefully, I can keep the food under control and hit up the hotel gym. I don't like getting out of my normal routine because I always manage to make bad choices.

I hope you all have a great week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:14 PM   #6  

paperclippy- very pretty ring... ( i just broke my ring...gah)

wow my weekand was okay went bowling friday sat and sunday...even though i am really bad at it.... my hubby chris is great he bowled one day a 279 and he got all strikes but one and they i believe are glueing them to the floor cause the ball hit that stupid pin... my highest game this weekand and my highest game ever in my life was a 101... but i have fun hanging out with chris hes makes it fun and is teaching to to walk and hold the ball and aiming and throwing.... its hard to get everything right cause everything i do is wrong..... hehe but its still fun

okay on the 1st or around the 1st we have an MP ball... arg we cant really afford a dress so i am goin to wear a very nice dress thats a few years old its very pretty but a lil tight i wanna be able to where it without not having to breath.....
sugarbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:28 PM   #7  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Congrats Paperclippy, that's so exciting!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:32 PM   #8  
Living the Laguna life...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! your ring is beautiful!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:41 PM   #9  

Hey guys! This weekend wasn't too bad, I drank a little too much on Saturday night (ok a lot to much) but I knew I would since it was a night out with the girls so I tried to be really healthy during the day and worked out for a little bit extra.

I am a big tea drinker, although I've never tried green tea. I usually do Cinamon Stick caffeinated tea and ad 1 equal pack.

Wow!!! A 5k run-I have always wanted to do a run like that. Maybe one day...

Jill they are changing the Ruby Tuesday menu? NO!!!! Are they adding any new healthy items? I love their bottomless salad bar mmm!

So this weekend is gonna be rough... well first off this week I will be avidly looking for a job (gulp). There is a business career fair I am going to at my school, but its so scary cuz everyone looks like such a better candidate than you you know. Very overwhelming and competitive. Also, my family is coming to visit and you know what that means... EATING FEST!!! eech Whenever they come our whole weekend revolves around eating-and I was doing so good in being healthy POOEY! As much as I tell myself I will be good I never am.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:08 PM   #10  
Eating for two!

Yeah, Ruby's is supposed to actually change their menu 3-4 times a year. The last change, they added a bunch of burgers, the crabcakes, the coconut shrimp, and added new stuff to the salad bar and only took off I think 2 or 3 things (the sliced turkey sandwiches). Now they are taking off the salmon, the veggie dinner, and a few other things and are adding more burger-type sandwiches and some mini-burgers ("sliders") and are changing the fried cheese sticks (they were mozzarella sticks before, then last time they changed them to fried jack cheese sticks, and now they're changing them back to mozzarella again--I don't know what possessed them to mess with a restaurant staple like mozzarella sticks--that's like changing the french fries!). In any case, I'm only working there tonight and tomorrow night, then I'm done--gave them my notice last week, so I won't have anymore insode tips for you

On a different note, I am thoroughly frustrated with ComCast right now! I have my cable and internet through them at my current place, so I called to transfer service to my new place in Alexandria next month. Oh, no, that would be way too easy. They're two different "areas" so I have to return my current modem and cable box to the office in Manassas and get all new stuff through the office in Alexandria. So then Igive her my Alexandria address, and she says, oh there seems to be something wrong with the wiring there--even though I had JUST called the new apartment building, and they said to use ComCast, so I KNOW it's wired! so now I have to call back at the beginning of October to "check on things" and see if I can get my service in Alexandria right when I move in. ARGH! And I was just on the phone today with my new part-time job (editing secret shopper reports from home), and I NEED to have internet access to do my work! I really hope it all works out, or someone at ComCast is gettin' ripped a new one!
Old 09-19-2005, 06:39 PM   #11  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Jilly - busy, busy, busy... BTW - how the heck do you know so much about Ruby Tuesdays?

Paperclippy - congrats! I love your ring - it looks A LOT like mine!

Lizzie - good luck on the 5k!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:39 PM   #12  
Eating for two!

LOL I work there part-time
Old 09-19-2005, 10:08 PM   #13  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 01:34 AM   #14  
Proud US Navy Wife

Congratulations clippy! Ooooo pretty. I expect full updates on wedding plans! *G*

Wasted - Alcohol is BAD! (especially if you are drinking vodka and not sharing with me! hehe). And good luck on the 5k!

Well I didn't get to wake up early enough to go exercise before work, like I wanted.. I must wake up early tomorrow so I can go before class! On a good note however, I got TWO compliments today.. not from friends, but from people I know because they regularly come into Wendys, but because of my new schedule I havent seen in a while. One randomly came up after getting his food and told me I look like I lost weight, and another told me something looked different about me, he couldnt figure out what it was, but it was something good. I was so happy! This is the first loss noted by people who arent related to me.. I guess I'm losing inches even if I'm not losing pounds! And if it was one person, I wouldnt be so excited.. but two, within the space of perhapes an hour, and me wearing the oh-so-fashionable Wendys uniform (note heavy sarcasm here....)

Haha I keep going on about it. I know. But I won't let it get to my head. I still have a long way to go!

I also did myself proud by buying water, NOT soda, at school today. It's the small victories that please me so much...

Off now to do laundry, and then some homework, and then.. sleep! sleep is fun, and enables me to leave the house by *thinks* 10:20, so I can get to curves, work out, then have about an hour to walk to the square so I can catch my bus..... *sigh* I wish i had a lisence...
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:58 AM   #15  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Paperclippy - That is a beautiful ring!!! Congratulations!!!!
Did you make the veggie soup? I love it, but the only recipes I have are family ones and they aren't very healthy at all.

jilly - Nooo not the salmon!! hehe thats my favorite! Oh well, I guess I'll have to find some place else to cook me healthy food.

jina - I used to be a coffee drinker too, but I think I have a weak stomach or something and so it makes me kind of sick now in the mornings. I've been trying Splenda with my tea and so far so good. It isn't as good as those sugary, bottled teas but it isn't bad.

Jenna - Yumm that tea sounds good too. I love cinnamon.. hehe and more than that I love caffeine. I am such a total addict. Hang in there with the family visiting! Healthy portions, lots of veggies and lots of water and you should be fine!!

Thanks, Jenicra!

Hmm there are a lot of J names on this board...

Fae - OoOoh.. compliments and while wearing a uniform no less! hehe.. I think I looked better in my old uniform than I do in regular clothes, which is weird. It isn't like I can wear the outfit around - black pants and a fitted black polo, but it really did prove how slimming black could be.

So.. hm.. if I don't stop eating out so much I'm going to gain about 50lbs, I can just feel it. Last night my friends boyfriend broke up with her, so we took her to dinner to have girl time. Unfortunately dinner meant Mexican food, which is one of my favorites. Tomorrow night is another friends birthday and she wants to go to Carrabbas... so thats italian.. my second favorite. Hopefully they'll have some kind of seafood or something on the menu and a salad.

I've been trying out the different kinds of green teas we have in the office. (They spend money on strange things around here...) I like them, especially the lemon flavored, but it leaves a strange taste in my mouth. Plus, yesterday I think I had a caffeine overload.. 2 sugar free redbulls plus 2 cups of green tea = really gross feeling.
With so little sleep lately, I am really walking the line between being too cracked out on caffeine and falling asleep during important things.. like class.

The boy sent my roommate some flirty text messages last night.. after a LOT of confusion we solved the problem.. he thought that was my phone! It makes sense because the night I met him I had been using her phone and I had been the one who answered when he would call. So.. that clears up the why-is-he-text-flirting-with-my-roommate question but not the girl friend thing. We are definitely going to dinner and a movie this week so I'm going to try to bring it up then.

HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYONE!!!

WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote