Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2001, 10:51 PM   #1  

Post Need Help Badly!

I'm 13 years only and i've always had a problem with my weight. i've done all the diet and lost only 5 pounds. i would like to be able to go to the beach with my friends this summer but i just can't the way i look now. summer is in 2 weeks and i'm going into depression. if i could only lose 10 or 15 pounds in 2 weeks. can any one give me some advice on super quick weight loss???
The thing about it is that i just cant lose the weight. i do 45 minutes of 3.5 mph walking on my treadmil , 60 full sit-ups and 10 pushups and day and it's not working. please help me.
Old 06-18-2001, 07:38 AM   #2  

You're not going to like what I have to say. There is no way for a 13 year old or anyone to safely lose 10 to 15 pounds in two weeks. If you did, by buying some magic weightloss pill, the weight would most likely just be from water loss and you would not be able to see the difference in your body. Please don't try to lose quickly just for a certain function. I'm 30 now, I know what does this old lady know? I was 13 once, I actually remember it quite well. Remember, your body is changing rapidly. You are going from having a fairly straight body, with weight carried around your waist, to a woman's body. I could go on, but I have a feeling you don't want to hear any of this. Please know, that those miracle pills can do terrible things to your heart and other organs. Don't hurt yourself for ten pounds.
Old 06-21-2001, 09:14 AM   #3  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Exclamation Thanks Nettie

I'm glad someone said something.

It's really important to not start obsessing at such a young age...
You're right...10 pounds is not worth it!

I'm sure you look GREAT, Peanutbaby.

Girlie
Old 07-06-2001, 11:53 PM   #4  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

I agree with you two ladies 110%.

Peanut, I KNOW exactly how you feel. When I was younger I used to try to lose weight fast, and when it didn't work, I just gave up and kept eating and kept gaining weight, and now I weigh 200+ pounds. So, don't even go there. Instead, you need to make an appointment with your doctor and talk to him/her about your weight. Do NOT wait until you are older to take action! I am not at all telling you to diet, but I believe that exercise is a healthy habit that everyone should practice daily. Join a sports team, go swimming, DO SOMETHING, but DON'T OVERDO IT!! Don't try to change your body over night because it will NOT happen! Just know that exercise will make you healthier and happier in the long run. You will develop good habits for the future! Trust me. I used to stress over this stuff, too, sister.

Good luck, and PLEASE be careful.

~Nancy
Old 07-07-2001, 02:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I would suggest, because you are still growing, to go talk to a school nurse or family doctor about where you should be at weight wise and get some info on exercise and nutrition from them. There are alot of girls at my high school that run with the xc team in the summer just to keep their bodies in shape. And they aren't all varsity super runners, they just do it to keep up those nice bodies that everyone else is jealous of. Find some activity you like and stick with it.
Closed Thread