Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 10:00 AM   #1  

Default Weekly Thread for Sept. 18-Sept. 24

Here's to a good week!

WELCOME BACK HIPPOHIPS!!!

It seems like most of us had a good week last week, so hopefully this week will continue to be a good one. Fall is certainly in the air here, so it's been great to be outside enjoying the beautiful weather.

I made my WW goal!. So, now I have to maintain for six weeks, and then I can attend meetings for FREE!! Yeah! I still want to lose some more pounds though--I'm not quite satisfied!

Have a good one!
Old 09-18-2005, 10:30 AM   #2  

STEPHANIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2005, 11:34 AM   #3  
THICK and tired of it

Steph- I am SOOOO proud of you!!! Meeting this goal is a big achievement. Way to go sista!!! We'll all join you there in time- you are an inspiration!!!

Old 09-18-2005, 02:02 PM   #4  

Thanks so much! I was so happy yesterday morning that I came home from WW and woke up DH to tell him. I really want to buy a step, so I can do step aerobics at home. After I finish my 6 weeks of maintenance (cross your fingers that I won't gain 2 pounds), I'll start putting half of the cost of meetings toward the purchase of a step. 164 is still the highest acceptable weight for my height--I'm so happy that our leader allowed me to set it as that. I was honest with her, and I told her that I would obviously rather not pay to attend meetings, and she agreed with me. She told me that I can keep losing weight if I want to. Have I ever mentioned that my leader is awesome? She really is...she's a high school teacher, and the best speaker ever. I wish you could all attend meetings with me.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:29 PM   #5  
THICK and tired of it

Steph, I'm so glad you like your leader so much- All the times I've tried WW in the past (and actually attended meetings) I've been annoyed silly by the leader. I've never known one that I've liked. Of course, now Lisa and I have a friend who is a leader, and she is awesome- if we ever get our budget in order, we'll start going to her meetings! But anyway, I think it is really important that you bond with your leader, since they've been there and they're so there for you- they're like sponsors in AA, aren't they? Wonderful.

Of course, I am using you all as my sponsor... And you guys are fabulous so I'm pleased as all get out!!

Anyway, congrats again, and keep up the great work- I love your enthusiasm...
Old 09-19-2005, 11:02 AM   #6  

Stephanie-The leader makes all the difference I think. I am glad you got a good one!!! I lov emy leader as well. When I went to my first meeting after being gone two years having kids, there was a different lady. I was so bored and unispired, as nice as she is. I was so happy to hear that she was only subbing and our regular leader was coming back the next week.

Can I just tell you how bored I am? The kids aren't really into me playing with them right now and they are playing so nicely together. I should be doing housework but I just can't bring myself to do it LOL. maybe I will go get my workout in. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-19-2005, 11:12 AM   #7  

Misty, I was bored all weekend! I'm sure I'll be bored the next few nights too, because DH either works or has bowling league tonight, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

I just figured out that our public library has exercise dvds. I reserved a bunch of them last night, and three are already available for me to pick up. Yeah!!! I hope they're good ones. I've read their reviews, and they're pretty well liked.

I usually go to WW meetings on Mondays, but I couldn't go last week, so I went on Saturday. I'm going again tonight. So, two nights between weigh-ins won't amount to too much change. I enjoy going on Monday nights more though, because I know a few of the people, and then I can sleep in on Saturday morning.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:18 AM   #8  

Steph-Great job girl! I know you are so pumped! I would be too and Lori is right-We'll be there with you too soon.
Misty-Great job on the weekend...YOU DID AWESOME! What great choices you made. Congrats. I bet you have an awesome weigh in this week.

My leader is pretty good...she isn't a drill sargent which is good for me b/c I don't respond to that very well. She admits that she too makes mistakes sometimes. We have a really really good group as well so that helps. Very inspirational. There is one woman who sits behind us that has lost 60 lbs and basically the doc told her that she loses or she will die...I am so proud of her and look forward to seeing her success each week. There was another lady that had lost 45 lbs and she exercises regularly like I do and it was cool to hear her story. It helped me to relate. She has only had one gain week. I know that happens but I just don't want it to. I pray that I just keep on track and do the best I can. I know that losing -4.8 lbs is a lot and everyone is probably saying its water...but I have been busting my behind since July 20th and finally this scale is moving. OF COURSE I HAVE WW TO THANK. Anyway....Sorry for the long rambling post...just my thoughts today.
Hope you are all having a great Monday!
Old 09-19-2005, 11:33 AM   #9  

Well I treid to workout. I made it 4 minutes before the toddlers started fighting and at 6 minutes I just gave up b/c I was trying to keep them in the room and they have figured out the gate, so they kept leaving. There is no point to try to get them to behave while I exercise. I'll try again at nap time. I won't make my 28 point goal, but I need to get in my workout for Friday, today and tomarrow before weigh in.

I wish we had multiple meeting time options. We are part of a smaller frnchise so we don't get the same deals as international franchise members and b/c we are so small we only have one meeting option. Sometimes, I just can't go on Tuesdays.

I hope I do ok tomarrow. I ate too much yesterday, but I had the flex points to cover it. I have only 13 AP for the week. I canned pears all day yesterday. I think that should count as a light workout. It took us 8 hours or more and much of it for me was standing there peeling pears. Being on my feet for 4 hours of it was WAY harder than that walk I took with my friend and that earned me a point. I should at least get a couple for my canning LOL.

Well, I guess I could get the kids involved in a cooking project. This week we are talking about Autumn. But, I so don't feel like the clean up though LOL! Plus those kind ofthings usually involve something yummy and I don't have the points for much DH actually made cookies with my daughter while I was gone. I am so impressed...he has never made cookies! EVER! It almost excused him from the disaster my house was when I returned LOL! Ok I wills top rambling and trying to fill in my bordom laden day lol!

Enjoy your Monday everyone!
Old 09-20-2005, 09:06 AM   #10  

Good Morning!

Weigh in day for me. I am super nerveous! Why am I so nerveous latley? The first couple weeks I was like BRING IT ON! The past several weeks I get all stressed out. I did fabulous on exercise, considering I hadn't done any in MONTHS until two weeks ago! I did ok on eating until Sunday. I did well even while away from home. Sunday I chose some not so great stuff but was still within my points. Then the cookies happened. I've known my husband for 10 years. When we first moved in together he was so excited when he figured out how to microwave hotdogs. Now he bakes cookies!!! He found choc chip cookie mix and has now made cookies twice in three days! WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THAT? Now I am not really complaining that I have a man that bakes...but grrrrrrr! I have no self control with cookies. I ate like 3 last night (after I was already over on my points). Then DH got up at 5 am....I left him in his bed b/c he was content until the phone rang at 5:30. It was the people I babysit for calling to tell me they would be there at 7:15 instead. So I had to get the baby up. He played and I loafed on the couch. AT 6 I remembered the cookies, I got up and searched them out. I didn't even bother to turn on a light! I ate like 4. So that's what 16 points before 7 am? Good Greif. Now I am all stressed out about weigh in. Serves me right really.

Well, it can't be too horrible. My exercise made up for some of last Tuesday's icecream induced frenzy. It's PMS week so I expect a gain anyway.

I hope everyone has a great day!! Talk to you ladies soon.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:28 AM   #11  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Misty,

Those cookies wont show up on today's WI-unless you eat about 50 more.

I'm not staying on plan either...I think I'm having a "Maggieshines" week. Last nite I couldn't sleep, got up and nuked a pepperoni pizza hot pocket; ate that, then hunted for something else, found a pepperoni pizza hot sub in the freezer, nuked that, ate it, went to bed again. DD came home from work about 1:30 am; I got up, ate a bowl of Fruit Loops with her. Drank a diet Pepsi, then went to bed. My WI is Tomorrow morning. Don't even know if I'll go.

I'm starting to feel like "what's the use". I gain 3 one week, lose it the next. I'm just playing around and getting nowhere. Told DD last nite "I just can't do this". All she said was "well, keep believing that."

Woe is me!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:14 AM   #12  

Kitty-I feel the same way. And my husband tells me the same thing your DD said! We'll get through this. My cookeis may or may not show up but my binge last Tuesday night probably will. If I does I know why and if it doesn't it may prove that my exercise helped. I have been moody grumpy and really not caring, even though I try to act like I do infront of people.

Either way on this gloomy Tuesday morning I am committing to having a better week. Let's focus on a positive attitude? I will work on mine if you will work on yours? We will know we can do better, we will believe we can do better and we will...yeah you got it.... do better.

I feel I need to do alot of thinking today. Not just about weight, but the kids, my "job" and life. I have been really down latley and after spending all of last winter pretty depressed I am scared it's happening again. I may even nees to talk to teh dr. I have in my hands a chance to change myself and the direction of my life on so many levels. I don't have to worry about working right now. I can focus on myself and my kids and I am just not doing that to my fullest ability. I spend a hours a day slacking off avoiding housework, just looking online at nothing. Mostly I would sya I am bored. I shouldn't be wasting this time. Not everyone has the luxery that I have right now. I want to get to some of my goals before I turn 30 in 18 months or so.
Ok off to get the kids up. They have such a crazy home life I try to let them sleep in. I am told the little girl goes to bed at 12:30 after sponge bob is over. She gets up between 5 and 7 to come to my house and she will sleep until 12 if I let her. I asked her mom if I should get the up earlier so they go to bed sooner and she said no b/c they go to bed late no matter what. These people make me angry sometimes.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:29 AM   #13  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

MIsty,
your DH & my DD sound like freakin' philosophers!!!

Yeah, I know, I too am getting depressed, I can feel it coming on. I've been taking Paxil ever since I had the bypass surgery. Maybe the dose needs to be adjusted. I'm just down about not working right now, DD says quit- she'll carry the load right now. But that's not fair to her, she's working 10 hr days 7 days a week. I know she's tired. She hasn't even had time to mow the lawn lately. Her step brother & his family are living here with us.

That's a whole 'nother story, but I need to vent. He's working for Papa John's pizza, his wife is playing at finding work. They are waiting on cash assistance & food stamps, so we are buying all the groceries, etc. Although, I'm fixin' to put a stop to that. Next time I hear of them buying weed I'm gonna put my foot up someone's azz!!! Their kids wont eat anything I fix. She fills them full of fake fruit juice & sugared cereal, then complains if I give them anything with sugar in it. If I go off, you may hear the explosion where you are.

Sorry this is long. But if you would like to talk some too, my yahoo & msn handles are in my profile.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:44 AM   #14  

Kitty and Misty....I am sorry you guys are down right now. I too have had a bout with depression. I was on prozac for almost 10 years. I just recently weened myself off of it. I don't think it was working anymore anyway. Misty-You are doing awesome on the program and so are you Kitty. YOU GUYS CAN DO THIS. Kitty-I know that when your personal life gets tough it is hard to focus on your weight...it sounds like you have a lot going on right now. It is probably a good idea to talk to you doc about your dosage of paxil. Hang in there sista....we love you and support you 100%. Misty-I admire you for being at home with the kids and doing great things with them...I hate to admit this, but I don't have the patience. Just getting my child dressed for school is a huge ordeal that leaves me in a stressball and makes me want to eat McDonald's for breakfast. I am such an emotional eater...I just want to say screw it sometimes...but this go around is different....I won't give up. You are exercising your butt off and it will show this week. I bet you have a good loss.
I don't know if what I am saying will help...I know I am new to this group and all...but I just adore you all and don't want to see any of you sad. Try to stay up...use this forum and vent and get it all out. We can all do this together. There is so much support here...that is why I came to this forum.

WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

Marcie
Old 09-20-2005, 02:02 PM   #15  

Ok ladies we need to re focus here my meeting today might help you. The leader used the quote wishing changes nothing Decision means everything. We have to DECIDE we are going to loose this weight. 75% of our eating is emotional. Food is not a bandage. Feel the emotions do not FEED the emotions. I found this good advice today hope it helps you guys. It is sent with sista love
Closed Thread