South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 01:06 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Default Frustration-Free Friday!

Oh, let's hope that's true...there is way too much bad stuff going around here lately, chickies! Not the least of which is my confusing RNMom and Mamacita. Can I blame it on the health careers and mother-oriented names? Sorry, chickies! Mamacita, I'm glad you resigned...you need some time for you, girl! I hope that the eejit will figure out quickly that you are a jewel and that he's only shooting himself in the foot by denying you your on-call hours. Duh!

Ruthie, I have to go read your journal...I was just thinking this morning that it's been forever since I've done that! I haven't been reading the journals here as frequently as I used to and I miss hearing about everyone's lives--especially yours. Honey, I sure hope that things get much better and fast. I'm thinking a weekend of fun and relaxing with friends might make everything all right (oh, and a diet gin and tonic and some dark chocolate, maybe...). And a visit from a hunka-hunka-burnin'-love wouldn't hurt...

Ellis, I'm so glad the mental health work is going well, but I so get you on the exhaustion! Ruth is right, I'm not sleeping and you combine that with my current 2.5 hours of therapy a week and I'm exhausted. I can't even imagine how much harder it must be to do that much work every day! Bless you for taking good care of yourself. Don't worrry about me, hon...I'm doing okay for now.

Schatzi, congrats to DH and you on the new job for him. That's fantastic news!!! Thrilled for you both! I love reading your posts...you crack me up! I'm with you on the batwings...but I don't let it stop me from wearing sleeveless things. I just finished reading Frances Kuffel's Passing for Thin (FABULOUS...you should totally read it if you haven't already...) and I guess in that respect I'm what she calls a Zaftig....I don't let the sometimes scary appearance of my body stop me from wearing clothes that I like and are comfortable for me. The batwings are only more apparent now that I've lost weight, in spite of all my arm muscle development. That's okay...it's kind of a badge of honor, showing how far I've come! Today when I was getting a bikini wax, the beautician must have noticed the excess skin on my stomach because she said, "Oh, you've lost a lot of weight, huh?" It was nice to know that others can tell.

Well, I have a bit more packing to do...today should be pretty quiet...just some driving to do, some errands, maybe a trip to Target in a town an hour away. I'm glad to be looking forward to a relaxing weekend. I think we all need that!

Have a great day, chicas! No matter what happens (and let's hope it's ALL good) remember, it's FRIDAY!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 07:18 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lookit the chick! Laurie, I hope you get some sleep over the weekend.

I'm just dashing through as I slept until just now. My Girls went to the kennel last night so the house was very quiet! I need to jet as I'm supposed to be on my way to Ottawa by 10 AM and need to pack. A relaxing and fun weekend is planned - or else!

Have a lovely TGIF.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:18 AM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning chicks I haven't posted in awhile but I have been occassionally reading posts in my free time. So much has been going on here that I can't address everybody~sorry

Schatzi~Glad to hear that your DH has a new job and that your move has been completed. I love yopur spunk and energy .

Ruth~Have a fantastic weekend with the ladies!!!

Ellis~~I know those classes must be very intense but I am so proud of you for taking them.

Laurie~The weather should be wonderful in CA this weekend. Enjoy the sun and show off that bikini wax, girl.

Mamacita~~ I missed it, just how many kittens did your boss have when you resigned from the nursing home job???

I have spent the majority of this week laying the tile on the backsplash in the kitchen. Hopfully next week I can grout it. Today is my hair appt (roots, cut and highlights) and then some shopping errands that are in the same area of town (trying to conserve my gas consumption .
Old 09-16-2005, 08:30 AM   #4  
MaMa Mia!

S/C/G: 154/145.8/110

Height: 5ft

Hey girls. Sorry Ive been MIA. We've had this stupid hurricane here and we were staying with my mom for it. I found myself cheating while I was there. I feeel so horrible about it. I was down to 153 and i think the scale said 155 lastnight. But anyways hows everyone else doing? Im off the classes to turn in my essay I had to write and am so nervous I have errors in it. I can wrote something and look over the same errors 50 times, cause im the one who wrote them KWIM?
Old 09-16-2005, 08:38 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies!

Today is a perfect day for sleeping. It is raining outside. We needed it. Our leaves were already falling off the trees for lack of water. I hope this helps with our fall colors.

I am in a good mood today. I managed to have a fairly good food day yesterday. I came into work today and on my desk were 2 boxes of pumpkin peeps from Cracker Barrell. That came from my BIL. He is so bad about tempting me when I am trying to be good. I told him that he was evil, but I will be trying them. (just in moderation).

I stepped on the scale at work here out of curiosity. I shouldn't have b/c I weighed on Monday. But, according to that scale I am down another pound. I don't trust it so I am going to make the scale at the gym my official scale. It still made me feel good to see the number down.

Well, I'm off to get things done!
Old 09-16-2005, 08:58 AM   #6  
gotta lose it!

Morning chicks!! I weighed in today (after b-day cake & b-day dinner!) And I'm up a pound....with TOM I think that's a miracle!!
Dbf & I are going to southern Ohio today....tomorrow is Kloe's b-day - she will be 2!! Trying to figure out how I will get her power wheel in my saturn should be a good time!
We are staying through Tues.....gotta visit Dad.
Laurie - you're up early!!
Ruth - Hope all is well with you!
Sil -Enjoy your new hair cut!
Jessica & Dana - good morning!
I'm off to exercise...grr.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:34 AM   #7  

I'm back in the office today. Our PTA picnic got cancelled yesterday due to the afternoon rain. If it hadn't been for the picnic, I would have made it to the gym. Oh, well, I'm planning to stop on the way home from work today. There is just too much going on this weekend. Brian and I will be going to a Marathon Kids event tomorrow morning to kick off the fitness/nutrition program they are having. The kids will run a mile tomorrow and then another 25.2 miles during the school year. They are also expected to eat 5 fruits or vegetables a day for at least 26 days a month. That won't be hard for Brian.

The Plano Balloon festival is this weekend as well as the Oktoberfest but I don't know if we'll be able to fit either in. We could do the Balloon Festival tonight but then I would miss the gym. Too many decisions!
Old 09-16-2005, 09:34 AM   #8  
Who needs sleep?

Yet another drive-by posting.... I woke up at around 4:30 am to the sound of my toddler gagging and throwing up. Poor little man was covered head to foot and sitting in a pool of it. We got him all cleaned up and I'm washing linens (including his all-important snuggy blanky).

Whoops, just threw up some more. He's been throwing up a little here and there ever since, almost 2 hours. Every time I think he's done and his tummy is settling down, he throws up again. Poor baby! I'm sure it's probably related to starting daycare - new bugs and such.

Anyway, I expect this'll keep me pretty busy for the time being, so I doubt I'll get time to post much (I have been reading your posts though). DH has to work Saturday, too, so unless DS is feeling better by then, I probably won't be around a lot this weekend, either.

Take care, chicks, and have a terrific Friday!
Old 09-16-2005, 09:45 AM   #9  

[SIZE=4]It's FREEKING FRIDAY ! Rise n Shine all you fabulous Chicks!!![/SIZE]

Beachgal: Ah you West and Welax This Weekend you Scwewy wabbit! You deserve it! Zaftig, Rubenesque, Dagmarish..yep thats me toooo... A short Marilyn Monroe exists under these lard flaps somewhere....I admire not only that you've lost so much but you are brave to go sleeveless!

Ruth: You Tooo...Enjoy your Ottawa Get Away!!!

2BFit1: SIL DAHLINK! I've missed your posts! Looking forward to more pics of your loverly kitchen..U must catch us up on all your doings!

Wyattsmom:
That's what SpellCheck is for darlin! I hope your home and town are in good shape after Ophelia.. I live closer to Raleigh so we only got some wind and a brief but torrential downpour..

Djett: SEND ME THOSE MARSHMELLOW PUMPKINS ... I wil Save you from the temptation ..Sigh, it's the least I can do..... I luv them but they must be stale..and chewy... HeHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Soon2bfab: Enjoy your visit with your family and hope neiclet has a wonderful Bday!!!

Me: We went to see Emily Rose yesterday.. I was "ok" ..great cast and the court room setting was a good vehicle to tell the story...Then we went to an Eyetalian place for dinner.. We enjoyed a bottle of Chianti, and afterdinner Sambuca and coffee.. A very nice night indeed... I think on Monday I'm gonna go back to phase 1 for a week.. Today it's very overcast and rain threatens so we put off our kayaking plans and are just going to drive around to get familiar with the area...
Old 09-16-2005, 09:52 AM   #10  

Schatzi- What temptation? I ate a box already (which was one serving). The other box was promptly given away. So, I will have to be good the rest of the day. And you know what's bad... it really wasn't worth it. They weren't so good that I should have felt compelled to eat them. I must try to remember this feeling. Every time I fall, what I eat usually isn't worth the guilt and calories that comes with it!
Old 09-16-2005, 10:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Mornin' Ladies . TGIF!!! I can't believe how long this week has felt. It seems like I had one appointment after another for the boys and each one took 3x's as long as it should have each time. The dentist visit for Beren was 3 hours long -- it took 1hr 45 minutes just to get him in the back because they missplaced his folder and forgot he was there!!!! I am thankful that he had stuff to play with but I had the baby with us and it was hard keeping him entertained the whole time. In the end it was traumatic for the little guy but it was not as bad as it could have been. After his nap when we got home he was fine and later in the evening he was telling his daddy about the "grape smell in my nose" from the nitrous oxide. thank you all for your support last week after his first appointment!!

I hope everyone has a good weekend and that our next week starts out wonderful for everyone.

Hugs
Old 09-16-2005, 02:39 PM   #12  
Kyemom

Hello all,
Down another pound today!!! Took DD to get shots...forgot how mean those 5 year old shots are. Had 2 tests yesterday. Got a 100 on my Math, still waiting to hear on English Composition..Also still waiting on my essay grade. How is everyone doing today? Seems like it has been a quiet few day here at the beach!!! Hope all are well..Hope everyone has a great weekend, and those of you that are traveling..be safe & have fun...stay OP!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread