Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 11:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218.8/198/135

Height: 5'4

Talking Is weight watchers a good plan for me?

Hello,

My name is Ebony and I have been with this site for a long time. Unfortunately through all of the plans that I have tried have failed me miserably. And I am thinking about starting weight watchers.

Let me first tell you a little about myself. I am 26 year old female with a four year old daughter and no husband. I am a part time student and have a full time, second shift job. The last time I weighed myself I was about 220 pounds. I have tried just about everything that I can, but I can't seem to commit to it. Weight watchers has always been a interesting approach, but I always thought it would be too expensive.

I would like to know:

Why you like WW
Have you had results
Are they permanent
Do you do core or flex points
Is there any other info I should know
Old 09-13-2005, 11:35 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.mccoy
I would like to know: Why you like WW
I like W/W because it is a balanced program that does not leave me feeling deprived by omitting foods I enjoy. It teaches portion control (however you have to be willing to work the program) as well as it is recommended by my doctor and most other doctors.

Quote:
Have you had results
Yes I have lost 50 pounds and while I even had gains because of medical reasons as long as I work the program it works for me.

Quote:
Are they permanent
This is a loaded question. Any program can provide permanent results as long as you continue to do what you did to lose and follow the maintenance program they have or maintain by following what you have learned. There are no guarantees in weight loss if you quit doing what you have done to get your results.

Quote:
Do you do core or flex points
I followed basically FlexPoints but I do try to eat as much of the food that is on the Core list because they will keep you more satisified and fuller longer. They also help to control cravings.

Quote:
Is there any other info I should know
There is much more info available to you if you join one of the 3 ways. You can do meetings which include a registration fee (some places have reduced or no registration fee at certain times), weekly fee or purchase of a prepay plan; At Home Program - where you purchase a kit (this is available only in certain areas) which include all the items from the meetings and a few of the extras; or online which also has a registration fee and a monthly fee but you can choose to pay monthly or every 3 months and includes everything you get at meetings but it is all on the computer.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #3  
banned

Why you like WW-bc its very healthy, real life balanced way of eating, support
Have you had results-42 1/2 lbs
Are they permanent-though i screwed up over the yrs have maintained 20 lbs over 10 yrs
Do you do core or flex points-core
misc: cheapest way to get the book is by paying a meeting fee even if u do it at home afterwards
Old 09-13-2005, 11:39 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

BTW which is more important your health or some money? LOL! Remember while it does cost weekly/monthly or a one time fee that money is well worth the efforts for your health and weight loss.

Weekly meetings cost depending on the area $9-15 a week. Registration fees are usually around $35-40. I believe the at home program is about $100 (last I knew could be divided up between 3 months on a credit card). The online program is a registration fee of $35-40 I believe and then $15 a month or $30 for 3 months I believe.

Compared to what you have spent before and the fact that if you plan you will actually save money by reducing medical costs, dining out, etc it is no more expensive than what you are spending now. It just takes planning and not falling into the trap of expensive junky carbs (100 cal packs, frozen meals, etc) that tend to leave you yearning for mre.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:45 PM   #5  

No weight loss program guarantees weight loss or permanence. YOU have to change the way you eat and do the work. Np program does nothing but guide you. I lost 200 pounds on WW and have kept it off for 29 years but I work at it every day.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:24 PM   #6  
Closed

Wow-Wee Susan....Awesome, stats!!!
Ebony, yes give WW a try, as Kelly said, if you work IT, IT works...
Lots of support here at any given time....
Good Luck!!
Old 09-13-2005, 04:38 PM   #7  

Height: 6'0"

Why you like WW--because it works. You get a sensible program that is forever. There is an incredible support network.
Have you had results--you bet--27 pounds and I've kept it off for 3 1/2 years.
Are they permanent--see above answer.
Do you do core or flex points--flex
Is there any other info I should know--do it, but you must commit to it. Do you have a friend who would do it with you? The accountability really helped me. I did not to get weighed each week and show an increase (although sometimes that happens). When the pounds started coming off, I was stoked. I joined WW so I wouldn't have to buy a new wardrobe. Well, you guessed it. I lost so much I had to buy a new smaller wardrobe!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 10:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 218.8/198/135

Height: 5'4

Default Thank You, Thank You , Thank You

I would just like to thank everyone for their inspiring advise. I think that WW will be great for me because I think that the reason that all of my diets have failed is because I didn't have the support. WW seems to give you a tremendous amount of support. I am so excited, I think I am going to attend my first meeting tomarrow. I look forward to talking and getting into the forums with you all. You guys really seem like good people with good stories to tell. So thank you again.

I will post again tomarrow after my meeting and tell you guys what I think about it.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:47 PM   #9  

If you go to meetings, you can get a student discount, even if you're part time! Good luck!
Old 09-15-2005, 07:26 PM   #10  

MissMcCoy! We've "met" on the Oprah/Dr. Phil board. I am so glad to see you back and just wanted to tell you I think it's great with your busy life that you are taking time for you! I really hope you enjoy WW, I certainly do. You can find great support here!
Closed Thread