Old 09-13-2005, 02:43 AM   #1  

Red face New to Exercise

Hi

I'm new to exercise, I can't really diet since my family eats mostly fast food, I don't have big portions and I do take the stairs instead of elevators and things like that naturally. I havent gained weight in over 7 years, but I would like to drop a few sizes, I figured exercise may work, and I never really did real exercise before. I am usually infront of the tv or computer.

I am now using Denise Austin Personal Trainer DVD, the past few nights I have been doing the low intensity upper using 5 ib weights and lower body, the ab section, and the stretches. This takes about 45 minutes. Tonight I also added medium intensity lower body which I almost got through.

I ordered her begginners cardio since I cant do the cardio section of the dvd since the rooms that are large enough to do that in don't have dvd players. Once I get that I want to do it 3 times a week for like 20 min in the morning and the usual 45 min low intensity and medium at night.

Is this enough?

I don't know how long every day I should be exercising to really take off some pants sizes.

I also ordered Billy Blank's Bootcamp and once that comes I figured I would use Denise Austin one week and Billy Blank the next to switch it up a little, and still use her Cardio tape 3 times a week every week.

Sorry to type so much

Chrissy
BriarcliffeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 06:48 PM   #2  

I try and aim for 30+ minutes of cardio every day and then weight training 3 days a week. Oh, and yoga once a week too, that has been working for me. I did strength alone before and that never worked and then I learned that you have to do cardio- at a good level where you are working it- to make a difference.

You might want to try dieting, at least by making sure that you get the recomended amount of vegetables in everyday. Otherwise it might be pretty slow going.

Good Luck!
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote