Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2001, 11:09 AM   #1  

Wink Third month on maintenance

This morning I went to my monthly weigh-in meeting and was happy to be down .8. I'm still a little nervous about knowing how to maintain so I basically stay within my losing points and once in a while have a little treat. I was also looking at some of the new products WW has - Smoothies - a drink for 2 points but $7.00 for the box. Most members picked up the box, looked at the price, and put it back down.
Old 06-17-2001, 07:21 AM   #2  

Good morning Ginaki !

Great job on your weigh in. I totally can relate to being nervous about how to maintain. I can seem to lose the weight, but have not really mastered how to keep it off successfully. I got back to goal about a year ago & have maintained pretty well - I am up about 3-5 pounds from where I want to be, so I am back at journaling & cutting back on the nighttime snacking (my downfall).

As far as the WW Smoothies - I have tried both the chocolate and vanilla and like them both. They both have a number of recipes included inside the box. The percent of calcium is 80% of RDA if you mix the powder with a cup of skim milk (the powder alone is 50%). Great if you have a hard time getting your milks in. Another plus is that each packet contains 4 grams of fiber. Here in Wisconsin, they are $6.95 per box & I guess they have been selling pretty well in our WW center in Madison.

We'd love to see you post over here - there are just a handful of us who post regularly, and it'd be great to increase our numbers again!

Take care,
Katie
191.8/146/153WW
Old 06-17-2001, 11:57 AM   #3  

Thanks for the response. It really is scary trying to maintain. I will try to post here often.
Old 06-17-2001, 09:16 PM   #4  
LM

Hi Ginaki and great to hear from you again. I am very interested to hear how your maintenance is going and what you're doing to maintain. Any tricks of the trade would be very welcome.

I'm just into week 4 of maintenance. Gained 2 pounds the first week (a combination of weighing in after dinner vs. before dinner the week before plus the 4 extra points a day). Gained 1 pound the 2nd week (and was only 2 points over losing range - just like it says in the book). Lost 2 pounds the 3rd week because I was back down in the losing points range. This week will be a bit of a mystery until Tuesday. I was very "good" all week in preparation for the wedding on Saturday, where I knew there would be very good food and drink. I've got my fingers crossed for a maintain. We'll see...

I think I've gotten over the mental anguish of being stuck at no higher than 23 points a day for most days.

Anyway, I for one (and many others out there too) would love to hear whatever you have to tell us!

Talk to you later - Laurel
Closed Thread