Old 09-10-2005, 11:02 PM   #1  

Default Slimmin SAHMmies!!!

Hello Slimmin SAHMmies!! This is for all of us stay at home moms who in addition to losing weight and becoming healthy, have issues with their children. Please join us, introduce yourselves, and WELCOME!! We hope you find the support you are looking for and success in all that you do! I look forward to getting to know you all and share our journeys together!

SicknTired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:09 PM   #2  

Default Intro.....

Let's see, I live in NY and am 32 years old. I was a special education teacher before I had my children and am looking to go back once all of the kids are in school.
Hello. I hope everyone makes it here!! I will start with an intro so we can get to know each other.

My name is PJ and I am a SAHM to my 4 children. My oldest is 5 and just starting kindergarten. My other three are 2 and keep me busy!

Anyway, I have always had a problem with my weight. I re started yet again and was over 300 pounds. I would love to get to 135ish but for now am looking to get to 200. I don't follow any specific plan, but incorporate both South Beach and Weight Watchers. I weigh in once a week on Mondays. I am trying to build up my stamina and exercise more and more as the days go by. As you all know, that is not the easiest thing to accomplish when you have little ones at home!

Now it is your turn!!
SicknTired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:13 PM   #3  
ONE DAY AT A TIME

Hi PJ! Well I am not a SAHM but I am a mommie of 2; do you mind if I join in?
Alchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:21 PM   #4  

Hello ladies. I found the new thread! Yeah me! I didn't do great while I was away--in fact I put on weight. It's a little discouraging but I am ready to get back into the scheme of things.

Here's my intro: I am a SAHM, 27 years old. I have boy/girl twins that will be 2 in November. I have 60 lbs to lose and I joined weight watchers a couple weeks ago. I have struggled with weight forever but put on like 30 lbs after I started staying home so this is my highest weight. I need all the help I can get.

I saw on the last thread that some of you have lost so CONGRATS on that!!!!

Later...Rikki
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:24 PM   #5  
ONE DAY AT A TIME

Default intro....

Hello all!! My name is Andrea, and I have always been the chunky overweight girl. I have been doing WW since 1-2004, I am stuck and have not been able to loose anymore weight about 6 months now. Last week I started Tae-bo, and love it, I'm hoping that will kick start my body so I can reach my WW goal. Although I am not a SAHM my DH is a SAHD, we have 2 boys Daniel (8) and Dylan (4).They are qiute the pair! I live in Michigan near Metro Detroit.

My oldest son is following in my footsteps with his nutruition and I'm a little worried, he is always giving us a hard time about food choices, any suggestion?
Old 09-11-2005, 09:58 AM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Intro (long-winded as usual)

Hi PJ! Thanks for the thread! Wow, you have triplets? You really have your hands full. How exciting!

Rikki: And you have twins! Instead of Slimmin SAHMmies, this thread should be Motivated Multiples! Well, don't worry about your setback. Sometimes we need those once in awhile to remind ourselves to keep working hard. I bet you'll lose a lot this week. What day do you weigh?

Andrea: You are more than welcome here! As far as your 8yo is he trying to keep you on track with your diet, or making it harder to stay focused? Maybe you can involve him in the kitchen while cooking and that would keep him occupied and feeling important. Good luck with your weight loss goals!

As for me, I'm 36 and the mother of a one-year-old boy. I, too, have always struggled with my weight. It used to make me depressed until a couple years ago I finally became at peace with myself. I still wanted to lose, but decided not to hate myself in the meantime. Then I got pregnant and the whole weight loss thing fell away. I only gained 11 pounds the entire pregnancy (pretty good considering he weighed 9 pounds), and now I've finally embarked on a change of lifestyle. I'm not doing any specific diet (just making better choices), and I exercise almost every day. I weigh in on Saturdays and will post the results here every week, good or bad.

I currently live in Tennessee but will soon be moving back to the Atlanta area. Besides the two-legged child, I have 9 furry four-legged children (actually, one has only 3 legs), i.e., cats.

That's all. Hope to hear from more of you. Let's keep each other motivated. I've only been on this forum a few weeks but words can't express how much it has helped so far.

Cindy
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 01:09 PM   #7  
dog Mom to Karma

Ok, a dieting intro from me. On my 39th birthday I weighed 235, my highest weight ever. Both of my parents died of cancer in their early 60's. I figured that if I didn't change my bad eating habits and get my weight in control then this would be my last 20 years on the planet. I started eating more healthy foods in Feb 2005. I began exercising in Mar 2005. By summer I had lost about 40 pounds. And there I stayed, all summer long. I maintained my weight loss but could not seem to lose any more. In early Aug 2005, I joined Nike Running and signed up to walk a half marathon. I have done all of the training and tons more and still I was stuck at a pound or two above or below 191 lbs. I joined WW last week just to mix things up and hopefully rattle some pounds off. Last week I was lurking around the 3FC WW forum and found a description of the "Wendie Plan", a modification of WW where you plan super high points days and very low days into your week. I think the point is that when doing the same diet over a long time, your body's metabolism gets used tothe amount of food you are eating and the amount of exercise you are doing and it gets harder to lose. The Wendie Plan tries to ingrease the metabolism by mixing things up alot each week. Guess what, I tried it and lost 3 pounds so far this week. I have no idea if it is because the Wendie Plan or not. But I am happy to get out of the 190's (hopefully for good this time.) This forum has really helped me so far and I hope I can help you guys too. If nothing else, I will be here to celebrate your successes and to help problem solve when things get tough. More about me and my fam. another time when they are not clamoring for my attention, as they are now. This was kindof dry and serious for me. Usually I'm a bit more witty and irreverent. ttfn - lara
karmasdogma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 02:06 PM   #8  
ONE DAY AT A TIME

Thanks for the welcome!

Cindy, I can't believe you have 9 cats, how are they with your son? As for my son, he is very proud of me for what I've done, as he says, Mom your not fat anymore! My husband and I are signing him up for Tae kown do, he needs the exercise (couch potato). We are hoping that will help his weight issue (huskey)(very huskey).

We have 5 leopard gekos, and are expecting our new four legged baby around Christmas,(a boxer puppy). My husband and I are very excited, the boys don't know about it yet! (suprise)

Rikki and PJ how do you girls handle multiples, it MUST be very challanging?
Old 09-11-2005, 02:07 PM   #9  
ONE DAY AT A TIME

Hi Lara! Welcome, Sorry I missed that in my post!!
Old 09-11-2005, 05:02 PM   #10  

Hi Ladies!! Nice to get to know you all a little

My name is Becca, I'm 25 and happily married. We have 3 beautiful kiddos ages 4, 3, and almost 2 (next month!!) We hope to have one more someday, but havent' been able to recently. Now that I'm being forced to take a break from having a baby, I'm focusing on loosing 20+ lbs My goal is 20 by Christmas and then I"ll see how I feel about loosing more.
loosinbabyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:34 PM   #11  
ONE DAY AT A TIME

Welcome Becca! WOW you have your hands full too, your days must be full of adventure!!
Old 09-11-2005, 10:02 PM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Becca and Lara, glad to see you here! Lara, that's interesting about your metabolism. I was worrying about that myself. Not yet, but eventually I'm sure I'll get to that fabled plateau, and it's nice to know there are things to do to get over it.

Andrea, the cats are great with my son. I prepped them well ahead of his arrival, including installing a screen door on his nursery so they can see in and not worry, yet can't get in and bother him. But now that he's walking, he's the one bothering them! Most of them leave him alone, but one in particular really likes him and brings him things. (Example, tonight while he was on the floor playing and I was making dinner, she carried a comb from my bathroom and deposited it next to him, and then brought him the top from a water bottle.)

Oooh, you're getting a puppy! (Shhh..... I promise to keep it a secret, too!) Puppies are wonderful...if puppy breath could be bottled and sold, I'd place my order right now! And boxers are SUCH great dogs. They are smart and loyal and great with kids.

Back to the issue at hand, I did absolutely NO exercise this weekend! None! But I ate okay, so that's at least one hurdle cleared. How was everyone else's weekend?

Cindy
CynthiaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 10:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default Hi!

Hi all! I am a 28 year old SAHM to Riley (will be 3 in Nov.) and Talon (1). I started putting on weight right after my husband and I were married. Not that I was ever skinny. I was about 150 then. Slowly my weight started to climb to 170. No matter how much I exercised, my weight wouldn't go down. Then I became pregnant and miscarried. I was depressed for months. It was then after moving here to Memphis that I found out I have hypothyroidism. After being on thyroid meds for several months I started to lose weight. It was then that I became pregnant w/ my daughter. I went into a depression funk when she was about 6 months old. I packed on more pounds. I was 200 pounds the day I found out I was pregnant w/my son. When my son was 7 months old I weighed 220. That was my lowest point. I cried and tried to lose weight. I stayed at 215 until recently. I found this forum and became so emotional when I found other ladies like myself. I have anxiety about lots of things. But since I've chatted with you guys I am getting so much better. Cindy - you are so right, words can't express how much this means... I've been a walking fool. I walk atleast once in the day and "bike" on the recumbant bike 45minutes each night. I try to eat the best I can w/o beating myself up. I haven't had a binge or an emotinal buffet breakdown.

I am so happy that you guys are losing. Welocome Andrea! So glad to have ya here. How wonderful for you - 60 lost!

Take care. With many thanks and smiles!!!!
carafre
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #14  

Hello Ladies! Wow, you guys have made my day! I am so glad we are here to support each other. I have not had a good eating day and I didn't exercise and I didn't drink much water so I have nothing positive to report! Sorry.

Cindy: I weigh in on Tuesday night. I will post the results but I am worried. For some reason, once I "fail", I find it hard to get back on plan. It's frustrating.

Lara: I will have to check into that Wendie Plan. I will try to find it tonight. I am doing WW, too, so we can figure that out together!

Carafre: I totally relate to you! It is so hard when the weight just keeps going up every year. I look back at my weight when I got married (which was about 150 for me, as well) and I would love to be back there yet I thought I was a cow then.

Andrea: Wow--60 lbs lost! I can't imagine! That's my goal so I hope I can do it. That's so great. Multiples are all I know so that's how I handle it. I think adding just one more baby makes such a big difference so I am not sure how PJ does with triplets! I thought I would go insane in the beginning but they are so, so fun now.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all had a good weekend. I better get moving so I can get to bed at a decent time. Have a great week!

Rikki
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:02 PM   #15  
Mommy9802

Default Good Evening All

My name is Alisha and i am 22 years old and a mother of two boys. My first is Caleb who is 3 and my second is Cameron which is 6 almost 7. And i have been doing the Atkins diet for approx. 2 weeks and have lost a total of 9 pounds *go me* But i am in desperate need to loose alot more. I would like to weigh about 135pounds so that means i have approx 76 pounds to go, so i know i have quiet a journey ahead of me. But this site has given me so much insperation and motivation to keep going. I have not been this motivated in a while. The only thing i really need help with is incorporating more EXCERCISE. Like everyone else, i just CAN NOT seem to find the time. But i know i need too. So if you guys have room for another, i would like to join Slimmin SAHMmies. Have a good night everyone.

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote