South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 04:47 PM   #1  

Default cool whip

hello all!!! I am wondering, can I have cool whip spray (the kind in the can )during phase 1 of the SBD. I want to put it on my sugar-free jello. Also how do I put that weight loss chart that everbody is putting under there questions or comments. I can't figure it out. And one more question, I was told I could not have the frozen green giant veg. bag broccoli and cheese, why can't I, it has 3 sugar and 7 carbs, 0 trans and saturated fats. Thankyou, Haley
Old 09-09-2005, 04:54 PM   #2  

Did you read the SBD book?? If so.. it explains everything!!! Not trying to be rude but without reading the book first you won't get very far and/or for very long. You NEED to read that book BEFORE you do anything!

Last edited by beachgal; 09-09-2005 at 05:33 PM. Reason: to reduce 'shouting' in all caps.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:26 PM   #3  

Welcome to the Beach! You can have Cool Whip but I think most of the aerosol cans may have things added that are not good for you. Stick with the Cool Whip tub with the South Beach logo on it.

The broccoli and cheese probably has full fat cheese or additives that make it unsuitable for South Beach. You could always get regular frozen broccoli and add reduced fat cheese on top of it. Check out the Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe in the phase 2 soup section when you are in phase 2. It is great and easy to make.

I believe the main page of the forums has a link to go to for problems setting up your ticket in your signature.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:28 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

TMunday you're right about reading the book, but no need to shout, hon. The book is essential to understanding the plan, but it can be confusing, especially when it comes to the 'if I can have A, why can't I have B?' issues. One that came up a while back was Triscuits. They are whole grain, have good fats, and are even healthier than the Stoned Wheat Thins that are allowed. So why can't we have them? We decided as a group that they are fine! I've had them since I started Phase 2 and never had any bad side effects.

Haley, it's perfectly fine to ask these questions, especially when you're new!

I haven't heard of the Cool Whip Spray. If it's Cool Whip Free and the ingredients are similar to those in the tub, I'd think it was fine. Just make sure you use the serving size and no more...there is sugar and bad fats in Cool Whip so you need to stick to the serving size or you'll find it sabotaging your weight loss.

For the ticker (the weight loss chart), click on the link that says "Quick Links" in the purple bar at the top of the page, then click on "Edit Signature". You'll be able to click on a sample ticker on that page and design yours. Let us know if you have problems with it, or you can find advice in the help forum on the main 3FC forums page.

Actually, Haley, I do eat the Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese, but it isn't the best choice. The problem is with the trans fats and the ingredients that have some sugar in them. It would be much better to make the cheese sauce yourself and put it on frozen or fresh broccoli. That said, sometimes you're willing to make compromises, and that's one that I make a compromise on. It makes it easier for me to get my veggies in and it's convenient for me when I want to spend more time on the main dish than on the side of veggies. Just don't eat it in Phase 1, okay?
Old 09-09-2005, 05:31 PM   #5  

Not shouting.. just STRESSING some words.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:38 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks, Tracy...I'm glad you're not shouting. Sometimes people interpret all caps as shouting, so maybe you can stress things by italicizing or bolding words? That tends not to be misinterpreted. Just want to make sure everyone (especially newbie beachies) feel comfortable asking questions. This plan can be confusing, even for those of us who've done it for a while, as I'm sure you know. Thanks!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:31 PM   #7  

Thankyou everyone for your help. I actually did read the SB book and have gone back to it many times, Yes it still can be confusing and I love how I can comfortable come to this website and ask these questions, Beachgal you have been a big help and I hope in the future I might be able to help you. Today was my first day on SB. I think I did pretty good. I know I needed to add more vegatables in todays menu though. Well thanks again, Haley
Old 09-10-2005, 12:44 AM   #8  
Who needs sleep?

Good luck Haley! If you want to add a ticker, click on "User CP" in the purple bar at the top of the page, then click on the link for "edit signature." There will be a link to add a ticker there.

I have a question about cool whip myself, so maybe someone who reads this can answer. I was comparing the nutrients for the different cool whip products, and I noticed that both cool whip lite and free have 3 g of carbs, while regular and french vanilla have 2. As far as fats go, Free has 0 fat, Lite has 1 g, and regular/French vanilla have 1.5 g. These were all for 2 tbsp servings. So does it matter which one you use really? If you go light, you get more carbs but less fat, if you go regular, you get more fat but less carb. So which is worse for you? A little more fat or a little more carb?

I have to confess, too - I use full fat cheese for most kinds of cheese (except cream, cottage, feta, mozzarella, and ricotta). I just use a LOT less than previously. I've tried lowfat cheeses and "alternative" cheeses in the past, and I've not liked the way they've tasted, the texture, and the way they cooked. I figure this is supposed to be not just a healthy plan, but a plan I can live with. I can't live with fake cheese! I realize, though, that this will slow my weight loss, but I'm prepared to live with that and/or compensate for it.
Closed Thread