UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-09-2005, 11:29 AM   #1  
Madcowsj

Default Buddies needed

Hi everyone. Looking for buddies. Need to loose 6 stone (ish) but looking for people to make the journey a little more pleasurable. I am 31 years old and live in Plymouth, England. Married to a fitness instructor who is extremely fit and healthy. They do say opposites attract eh! Write soon

aka Sarah
madcow.sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #2  

Hi Sarah, You've come to the right place .I only started getting involved myself about 3 weeks ago( i lurked for 6 months) but i've had lots of inspiration and plenty of good advice from
these guys, **** they even talked me into going to a gym

I also want to lose 6 stone(ish) and this is the best place to start.
shush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:52 AM   #3  

Welcome Sarah we will all be your buddies, all at once! You'll be all buddied out!
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:00 PM   #4  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hiya Sarah married to a fitness trainer eh? now we'll be picking your brains for info from him
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:29 PM   #5  

Smile not far from you

Hi Sarah, I just joined tonight - and I live not far away from you in Saltash. I have 4 stone to loose at least and can't do much exercise because of arthritus and CFS - but hopefully as the weight comes off I'll be able to do a bit more - I really miss swimming and walking. If you ever want to chat just send an email - we could even meet up for a diet coke somewhere if you like.

All the best

grannie annie
grannie annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 07:47 AM   #6  

Hello and welcome Grannie annie.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:10 PM   #7  
Madcowsj

Hi

So you joined a gym. Is it expensive. I joined one last year but had to give up cos it was so dear. I was going every day at 6.30am before work and I loved it. Swim or gym then shower and off to work all for 8.30am. I wish it was cheaper cos I would rejoin again tomorrow. Why are all these places so expensive? I wish I could afford my own personal trainer. My hubby is a keep fit instructor but it is like a busmans holiday for him. When he gets home the last thing he wants to do is help me! He is good though and does his best but it is a bit like your husband teaching you to drive and we all know how that goes! I am going to try to find a gym which is in my budget. Will let you know how I get on

aka Sarah
Old 09-13-2005, 12:13 PM   #8  
Madcowsj

Hi Shush

How are you? Hope this post finds you well. Are you following a set plan or are you doing your own thing? I have not decided whether to follow a plan or to just try to cut back. Let me know if you have any ideas.

aka Sarah
Old 09-13-2005, 12:14 PM   #9  
Madcowsj

Grannie annie

Have sent you an email. Gosh it is a small world. Hopefully if we all keeping going it will become a bit smaller eh.

aka Sarah
Old 09-13-2005, 12:20 PM   #10  
Madcowsj

Default Can you tell I am new?

Hi everyone. Can you tell from my posts that I am new. I was wondering how to post to say Hi to everyone and now I know.

What plans are you all following? I have done so many in the past I am sure I take the best bits from them all and end up eating the same as I do now! Ha Ha! It is the best diet ever.

aka Sarah
Old 09-13-2005, 04:59 PM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I like the multiple posts madcow

Don't worry, I end up talking to myself on here too sometimes

Is there a council subsidised gym near you? I find they are cheaper than fitness first or LA fitness or chains like that!

We will all be your buddies and your personal trainers and your weight watchers leaders!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 06:07 PM   #12  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

no la fitness or fitness first in plymouth nor the southwest and the coucil is to tight clean the streets properly let alone subsidise a gym we have a few gyms but most with pools cost about 35 a month ish.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:55 AM   #13  
Madcowsj

Hi all.

I will get the hang of this one day I promise! Now you know why I call myself Madcow. Am in work today and am going to try to find a council subsidised gym. I do not think I am going to have much luck. Why are all these things that can help you get fitter/less fatter soooo expensive. I have heard that one of the well know slimming clubs is now available on referal from the gp but just you try to get the information sent to your GP. I have asked about 5 times have sent numerous e mails and letters but to no avail. I think it is time to turn to drink! Quick pass the vodka!

aka Sarah
Old 09-14-2005, 11:03 AM   #14  

Hi Sarah,

I am lucky enough to live near a council gym it works out between £25-£30 a month BUT after reading YP1 post about her lovely gym with lovely fluffy white towels and lovely hand maidens etc I decided to look at the swanky new gym that opened here about a year ago and before I knew it i had signed on the dotted line £43 a month but the swimming pool, steam room,sauna and a good varity of classes swung it for me.(even though i've been too embarassed to squeeze myself into a swimming cossie for god knows how long ) So now I can't afford to eat very much and drink is out of the question i may as well go to the bloody gym!
Old 09-14-2005, 11:28 AM   #15  

Sarah is it slimming world? They do slimming on referral there's stuff about it on their site. Next year I may be able to get Rosemary Conley classes on referral apparently.

Has anyone tried an NHS gym? We have one here for people with mental health problems I don't know if you can get in with fat problems I expect you can...
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote