Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 06:23 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Countdown to 250...June 15 And Beyond!

WELCOME to all who choose to stop here. We are a fun group providing support, encouragement and motivation. We hope you will sit a spell, grab a bottle of water and chat awhile. We would love to get to know you.
Old 06-15-2001, 06:26 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello Ladies! It was take your hubby to work day here! He didn't have any plans so I took him on the rounds with me. I had to Safety Recall projects and 3 hardwares to do so we were gone all afternoon. Had a nice lunch together at TGI Fridays (a grilled chicken sandwich) and BIG glass of water! Ummmm Ummmm Good!

Maggie: Just you and me kid. Control is such a wonderful thing! Glad you are doing well too. The funny thing is that my scale has been all over the place this week. I'm not sure what's up with that but..... I guess we'll see. I may be doing the Wendie Plan next week myself, just for a jumpstart!

Cindy, Terry, and Gina -- where are you????

Hope you guys are having as nice a day as I am. I'm going to run and get some dinner on. Have a good night.

In life, there are effots and results; and the strength of the effort is measured by the result.
Old 06-15-2001, 06:34 PM   #3  

Hiya Geri, you weren't here a few minutes ago when I was writing my reply on the old thread. Since I am so out of practice, I just kept on going with page 2 of the old thread. Silly me! Thanks for starting a new thread. I pasted my old reply from the old thread here.

Good Friday evening ladies, the rains came last night and cooled things down a bit. Whew! That humidity, combined with the temps in the 90's, was getting pretty unbearable! I'm continuing to journal everything and drink lots of water. Last night, I didn't do so great with the points, but I know that it was still better than what I had been doing in the recent, off-program, past. So far, I'm on track for today and have plans to end the day within the range. Will be leaving in a few to eat dinner out so I'll keep the points in mind. Hooray, the weekend is finally here. We have plans to gather together on Sunday for a Fathers' Day dinner out at a restaurant. Dad likes one place that has a pretty large variety of meals so I know that I will be able to stay OP at the restaurant if I can keep my focue. Here's hoping that each of you lovely ladies has a wonderful OP weekend! Cindy

Maggie, I know what you mean about the non-summer heat and humidity! Hopefully, you will be getting some cooling rains before too long. Thank you my dear for such a kind welcome back. It does feel great to be back and "talking" with you again. I know better, this time around, than to think that I can instantly fall back into the program groove. The latter is proving a bit harder than I would like, but I know that I have made the first, most important step by coming back here. I will keep working at it AND improving my act. You have a great evening.

Geri, I'm so glad to hear that you had a fine time at the Mexican restaurant and are doing a fabulous job at staying OP. ^5 Geri. Also, nice job on the lunch out today too. You are a great role model! Keep up the great work. Have a good one.

Terri, hope that you are having a good OP day. I know that you are super busy, busy, busy. You're doing so well OP. Keep up the great work.
Old 06-16-2001, 07:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Yeah for Saturday!

Hello Hello

I'm not really sure where I've been the last couple of days. Last night I ended up on the phone for at least an hour returning camper phone calls. Then DH was home and off to Sam's Wholesale club we went.

I'm up early this morning and headed down to the city market. I'm anxious for fresh veggies. Real tomatoes for a change. UMMMM GOOOD.

Okay, have I been OP or not? I have been journalling, paying attention to fruits and veggies and water. But cant get exercise going on a regular basis. And I've been at the high end of the point scale with a occassional point creep. I was in good shape yesterday but we didn't get home to eat 8:30 and ended up with Fazolies. I would have been fine except for the third breadstick because I was too hungry. I had intended to eat something before we left but somehow got sidetracked and forgot. That's my downfall; not getting to eat until late. So that is something I have to figure out how to fix.

I printed out the Wendie plan to see what that's about. Maybe I can make that fit our schedule.

Looks like every one is busy, feeling good and being positive. Geri, looks like you are having a kiiler OP week. Maggie you too. Cindy you're doing great just by being aware of your points. That gives you a point of reference for making changes. That's my goal for next week.

My challenge for the day is to eat low points since we are going out to dinner with DH's boss. (I"m still weirded out about that).

Gotta run. Need to make coffee, breakfast, and lunch for DH before I have to get him up for work. We dream of him having a job where he doesn't have to work every Saturday. Maybe some day.

Have a great OP day ladies and be strong!
Old 06-16-2001, 10:01 AM   #5  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING

It is gonna be another hot humid day! We did have some rain and Cowboy is sure glad he got the lawn mowed yesterday - looks so green and luscious now. I did it again. I had points left over to tuck under my pillow.

GERI I can imagine if you are best friends with your husband as I am with mine what fun it was to have him along with you to do those recalls. I love being inCONTORL . What a great feeling to have been so all week. What did I miss.... what is the Wendie plan?

CINDY Don't let yourself get discouraged. We have to take this program in baby steps. One careful step at a time keeping our FOCUS all along the way. When I lose or misplace it I am sunk. It is great having you back.

TERRI You are one busy gal! Don't you just love those fresh tomatoes. I do. I always buy the ones with the stems and some leave attached - nice and fresh for sure. Fazolies is great! I am anxious for them to get their nutrition lists out with the new pininis on them. Their bread stix are killer! But you will find a way to have one and stop there. You will.

Everyone have a rockin' weekend being OP.

Maggie sippin' her Hazelnut coffee through a straw in Tennessee

Last edited by Maggie; 06-16-2001 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-16-2001, 10:32 AM   #6  

Default What a bounty!

Just have to report in that I bought gorgeous Arkansas tomatoes, new potatoes, spring onions, cucumbers, beets and a big flat of strawberries. Won't have a problem with veggies this weekend!

I'm off to get laundry going again and tinker in the patio garden. I hope to wear myself out for a good nap late this afternoon.

Havin' a great Saturday in Missouri!
Old 06-16-2001, 12:51 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning everyone! Hope you are all doing well. My program went to heck in a handbasket last night. Boy, did I get into the food. And the week was going so well! I have today and tomorrow to get with it before WI. Yikes!!!!

Cindy: You're wise to realize that after being off program for so long that it will take you a little while to work back into it. Alot of it is mental attitude, I'm afraid. Sounds like you have great plans for Father's Day! Enjoy!

Terri: I WAS having a great OP week. Now I just need to get it back together today and tomorrow. It was only one day of indiscretion. Gotta move on! You're veggies sound great! I love outdoor markets, I just don't get to go very often.

Maggie: Check out the thread 'The Wendie Plan for Breaking a Plateau'. It's here under 'WW100". Anyway, it's about taking your WW points and shaking it up a little by using real low points one day and real high other days in order to rev up the metabolism. If you took your max points for the week and your low end for the week and add them up, and then add up the points you would use on the Wendie plan you would still be within what WW says it's just how you mix up the points from day to day that revs the metabolism. There's now a new thread started for people who are trying it. It looks like they're doing really well. Might be something to try.

Well, girls, I'm outta here. We're having a garage sale this next week and I really gotta get moving on it. Have a great day!

"The key to achievement lies in being a HOW thinker, not an IF thinker." - Unknown
Old 06-17-2001, 12:54 AM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Gosh, where is everyone today??? Hope you're all OP and just out having a great time.

The other day when I was looking for people I forgot to call out Brenda. Where are you girlfriend? Did you ever get that new job??? Hope you'll stop in soon.

Heck, I hope you'll all stop in soon. I'm lonely here alone.
Old 06-17-2001, 10:04 AM   #9  

Default A Beautiful Father's Day!

Hello everyone,

Going to be a gorgeous Father's Day! We're not doing much today. DH's son is coming to take him fishing later. DH would rather watch the U.S. Open! I'm going down to the parent's next weekend so I'll just call dad later. Everyday should be Father's Day anyway.

I did okay OP yesterday. I got a Subway Veggie delight. I think its only 6pts for a footlong. Very good. We went out to eat with DH's boss and figured out why we were invited. It was for DH's third anniversary but its still weird because he didn't do that for anyone else. We had a great time. I ordered the blackened chicken, baked potato and veggies. I didn't eat it all but I think the salad killed me on points because I forgot to get the dressing on the side and it was smothered. I'm up several pounds and the way my hands and body feels, its water retention. Summer humidity. I'm having a "fat" weekend. I'll need to drink lots of water today.

I froze five quart bags of strawberries and left a nice bowl for us to eat. They are so good compared to the ones in the grocery store. And got fresh beets all cooked and ready to eat in the fridge. A very successful day yesterday.

Have a great Father's Day with your hubbies and/or dad's. And a great Lord's day.
Old 06-17-2001, 12:34 PM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Happy day everyone! Hope you all have something fun to do on Father's Day. I'm leaving in a minute for my FIL's so this will be short and sweet.

Terri: Sounds like you'll be getting some quiet time today. That will make up for all the work you did yesterday with the strawberries and beets. I'm doing the water thing today too. My scale isn't showing 'up', but it's not showing 'down' either. I have some top sirloin marinating for dinner. Small portions will be my mantra! Have a great day!

The 'baby' is coming in tonight just for dinner to see DH so I'm not sure I'll get back here for awhile. He still has a few more days at school doing finals before he's home for his work term. Love to all.

"The merit in action lies in finishing it to the end." - Ginghis Khan
Old 06-17-2001, 04:49 PM   #11  

Hi everyone, hope that you all are having a great Fathers' Day. Yesterday, I came down with a summer flu and have been sick at home since. Had to opt out of the Fathers' Day festivities today. Weather here is just wonderful--in the mid 80s with low humidity; blue skies and no clouds. Wouldn't you know it, I'm sick on a day like today! Oh well, there will be other nice days, I know. Still writing it all down and drinking my water. Being sick has helped me curb the points, but I don't recommend it as the way to stay OP. Well, another week is before us. Good luck to all at staying OP and having a great week. Cindy

Geri, don't worry about one tough day. YOU have been doing so GREAT, girlfriend, and are an inspiration to me. You keep doing that fantastic job OP.

Terri, those fruits and veges sound wonderful. I really enjoy the fresh stuff that is available in the summer at the farmers' markets. The markets are just getting started in our area and we don't have quite the variety of fruits and veges available yet, but it is something to look forward to. You are doing so great OP. I look to your example too and hope that, in time, I can also follow the program with your dedication. I didn't know that the Subway Veggie delight had only 6 points--I learned something new! Keep up the great job!

Maggie, has it cooled off any in your area? We have lucked out and got some great weather--finally. Thanks for the kind words of support. I'm going to stick with it and keep on trying to get myself back into the program groove. You have a great one!
Old 06-17-2001, 06:31 PM   #12  
Thin Within

GOOD AFTERNOON

It is absolutely lovely here today. Right now it is 79 degrees with the humidity in the 30's. Nice breeze coming in the screened windows and doors. And I am still OP with points left like never before. love this being in
CONTROL.

GERI now don't you go to fretting - one day doesn't make a week dear ~ you will be fine come weigh day. Thanks for the 411 on the points thingie. My leader always has advocated mixing up the points and not eating the same amount day after day. Varity is the key.

TERRI how nice for you with the strawberries in the freezer. I have some neighbors that grow strawberries and blue berries along with lots of other good stuff. She sent over two large grocerie bags full of frozen strawberries and blueberries with Cowboy last week. I kept what I could - had room for in the freezer was the key - and gave the rest away. She had more but we just couldn't deal with them. You see she is making room in her freezer for this years crop - of which we will get all the fresh ones we can use. We feel very blessed for sure.

CINDY oh yes it has cooled down. And the humidity is down where it is quite bearable. I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. What a bummer for sure. Get well quick, you hear and back at em.

Maggie enjoying the nice breezes in Tennessee

Old 06-17-2001, 10:04 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Food has been pretty good today. Just not good enough to make up for yesterday, I'm afraid. We'll see tomorrow morning.

I have a haircut and perm scheduled for after my WW meeting. So I will be gone into the afternoon. When I get home I need to work on this garage sale we're trying to have this week. YUCK! I hate garage sales, but you got to get rid of the junk somehow.

The 'baby' came from school today for dinner with his dad. That was really nice. I have to go Wednesday to move him home for the summer. It's going to be one busy week!

The weather here was just lovely today. I could live with this all summer long! Not that that will happen.

Cindy: So sorry you caught the flu bug! YUCK! That's no fun, especially in the summer!

Maggie: Wow, you have a great neighbor! How nice to have all that fruit already put up for you!

Going to run for tonight. Love to all.
Old 06-18-2001, 07:31 AM   #14  

Default Revved up, remotivated Monday!

Good morning!

A new week. We did good last week about staying focused. Occassional blips but we still were very focused. My goal for this week is to get my points down. I wasn't totally out of control but the one and two points over doesn't generally allow for a loss.

So much for quiet time by myself yesterday. I had to go with fishing with DH and son. I took my lawn chair and my book and minded my own business. I did have to get up and get the fish off for DH occassionally. It was a nice day. He's never been fishing with his son (the son is 33) so it was good for him.

Cindy - Hope you're feeling better. Go easy on your stomach for a few days. You're doing great about your journalling and water. That is half the battle - awareness.

Maggie & Geri - Good luck on your WI's today. Let's stay focused again this week so that we actually make some progress this summer.

I need to be busy and eventually go to work. I had really wanted to be off today but have three meetings so I have to wait a week for a day off with DH.

Have a great OP day!
Old 06-18-2001, 01:04 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

YIKES! Where is everyone??? It's almost 1:00 here. Get up you sleepy heads!

WI was this morning and I am down a pound!! WooHoo! I am sad to say though that I was doing much better earlier in the week and it could have been more had I paid better attention! BooHoo!

Anyway, it is a new week! And I'm here to reaffirm my commitment to this journey! Are you with me?????

I WILL drink all of my water EVERY day.
I WILL eat 5 servings of fruits/veggies EVERY day.
I WILL journal EVERY day. And
I WILL visit here frequently for support, motivation, and just for the fun of it!

Terri: You had to take the fish off the hook for DH??? What's that about???? He should be taking them off for you! Although it sounds like you didn't do any fishing. Hope the book was good.

I'm working on setting up a garage sale for Thursday, Friday and Saturday so I must run. You all have a GREAT day!

"Success comes before you reach your goal, for it is as simple as taking a step in the right direction."

374/325/???
Closed Thread