Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 08:42 PM   #1  

Default New to WW and looking for menu plan ideas

hello -

Have been lurking here awhile. Last night I took the plunge and decided that the time is now to face this weight

I did great today with my meals (one day at a time, right ) but I think I would do well with some actual menus spelled out to give me some ideas. I don't know why, but I feel that would be "comforting" to me.

Is there a site that has sample menus for WW's ?

Thanks in Advance ~

Karen
Old 09-07-2005, 11:54 PM   #2  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

Hi, Karen! I'm glad you've joined us!

Are you doing core or flex? Because there are menus posted everyday on the core boards.

If you're doing flex - here is the link to a thread where a group of us post our menus everyday.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...763#post955763

I can give you a few ideas that helped me.

Lite whole wheat Thomas english muffins - 1 point. SOooooOoOo good.
FF cream cheese
FF cheese
SPRAY BUTTER! (this stuff is from heaven, I'm telling you!)
cook things with tomato sauce (it's 0 points!)

I'm a creature of habit. I LOVE English muffin pizza. 1 point for the english muffin, 0 for the sauce, and 2 points for a 1/2 cup of mozerella. Sprinkle some garlic salt on muffin before I broil it - and YUM! (Oh, broil the english muffin for a minute or two before you put on the toppings, and it's much better)

What else? Um...green beans. Love `em.

A small baked potato (5.8 oz) is 1 point. Spray butter, Light Sour cream is 1 point for 2 tbs., and salt, pepper - and YUM! 2 points for a SUPER side dish!

Salad. I love salad with bacon bits (1 point for 1 and 1/2 Tbs), Fat free dressing( 1 point), and 1/4 cup of FF cheddar (1 point)

Boca burgers are 1 point. Merita light whole wheat buns are one point. Top with mustard and onions and you have a 2 point burger. Can't beat that!

I hope this helps. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for - if not, be sure and keep asking - Someone on here always has the right answer!

Oh! We have a HUGE recipe section!

PS - Tonight I had 6 point chili! SO GOOD!
Old 09-08-2005, 12:20 AM   #3  

Thank you so much for the list ... I want to make this change in my lifestyle and feel better when I have a little more direction than a list ... I'm sure it will get easier as I learn the in's and outs ...

But, I made it thru the first day ... finished my points perfectly (and drank the water ) , journaled and everything !!

I appreciate the help and ideas ...

Oh and I'm starting out with Flex and may try core at a later date ...

Karen
Old 09-08-2005, 07:42 AM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Princess - here is a link to the menus I made up for doing WW/SBD. I like doing WW the lower/better carb way and this helped me alot.

I posted them just to give people some ideas for menu planning.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39284
Old 09-08-2005, 11:28 AM   #5  

Mauvaisroux ~

Thank you so much for the link !!

I am quite interested in this because I am also a Type II diabetic and "should" lower my refined carbs ... I feel much better when I do !!

Karen
Old 09-08-2005, 08:45 PM   #6  
Closed

Mauvaisroux - can't help but take note of how much the WW/SBD menu you posted above resembles WW CORE, and so many of those food selections would not have had to be counted. You did a great job....I still struggle like most.
Are you still following it, or do just Flex?
Old 09-08-2005, 10:42 PM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

The funny thing is that I did all that before the core program was released. I am still using those menus and rotate them with a couple of others I made up.

I tried WW Core for a few weeks but I have to count my points or I end up gaining.
Closed Thread