Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-06-2005, 10:51 AM   #1  

Question Tracking how far I walk

Hi

I started walking about a week ago and I would really like to keep track of
how far I am walking. Does anyone out there know where I can get something
that I can wear to tell me how far I have walked.
Debbie1519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:52 AM   #2  

You can buy pedometers at any sporting goods store and online. You can pay anywhere from $10 to more than $100. I wouldn't go too cheap because they aren't very accurate. My favorite is the New Lifestyles NL-2000 because it keeps track of how much you walk each day for 7 days. No need to remember to reset each day. It was about $75 if I recall. I recently bought one for my mother from REI sporting goods. It was $40 and in addition to keeping track of steps (you need to reset each day), it also can monitor your heart rate.

Aim for 10,000 steps per day (about 5 miles) for health purposes -- and more in order to lose weight.
byugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:05 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

I just found this awesome site that tracks your walks or runs in my case around the neighbourhood... put in your town name and state then you get a map of your city, just read the instructions....http://www.sueandpaul.com/gmapPedometer/
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:37 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

wow, what a cool site Ilene Thanks!! Its going to save on gas I always drive my walk (when I change it) to see how far it is.

Last edited by RobinW; 09-06-2005 at 02:01 PM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:16 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
wow, what a cool site Ilene Thanks!! Its going to save on gas I always drive my walk (when I change it) to see how far it is.
It is cool isn't it? I was driving or biking it afterwards too ... I've been so excited about this site Doesn't take me much to get excited that is!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote