Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-05-2005, 05:07 PM   #1  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Default Getting Back in the wagon

I have had at least a month off now from working out at the gym.
Im tired of making excuses to myself why I dont go.
My main reason was was my bike was messed up ,which it was.
I could have asked my dad to drive me or just waited until the husband got home.
Im not making any more excuses to justify not getting into the gym and make some sweat happen.
If I exspect to lose any more weight I have to exersise.
I have been maintaing my weight loss. At least now I know that I can maintain but I need to lose more weight. So in 10 mintues im going to get some workout clothes on and drive upto the gym since the husband is not working today. And if the gym is not open I will take a nice long walk outside today. This begins my new journey of getting back on track and working toward my goal. Im not going to go another summer wishing that I would have done more before the summer.
I have fallen half way out of the wagon and time to drag myself back in and do what I need to do.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 05:17 PM   #2  
28 Yr old Vixen to be...

S/C/G: 480/480/380

Height: 5'5"

Hay I Have A Question Is 1200 Cal A Good Goal Every Day To lose weight??
Safiyah_is_Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 05:20 PM   #3  
28 Yr old Vixen to be...

S/C/G: 480/480/380

Height: 5'5"

You Need An Excercise Buddy Things Are More Fun With A Friend, I Make My Friend Go, She Is A Sloth But I Get Her Moving, The Funny Thing Is Shes 135 Some Odd Pounds And 5 Foot 8 Inches But She Has A Really High Metabolism ( I Hate Her Ha Ha) Just Kidding But I Feel Good When I Bug Her To Go Because Then I Feel Like Im Not Being Pushed To Do It, Im Helpin Someone Else Too!!
Safiyah_is_Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:43 AM   #4  

Fluffy, I think 1200 cal is too low for you. At your present weight, you should lose well on 1500-1800 cal, and you won't have to starve yourself. Remember, weight loss is a long journey, followed by a lifetime of maintenance, so you want to eat enough to enjoy life and have energy to exercise! Now if you wanted to do a few days at the lower level to quick start a weight loss, that would probably be fine, especially if you choose nutricious and healthy foods. Don't forget to be good to yourself! There is no reason you shouldn't find pleasure in food.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:40 AM   #5  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

1200 might be to low depending on where your weight is now.
See what your doctor says about a good point for you to be at then later after your losing a a normal pace and things starts to slow down then you might be able to adjust and lower your intake. But usually your body will let you know when its time to adjust your calorie intake. But dont go to low when your starting out because its just not healthy. If you want to do this right and keep it off.
Eating right and eating enough is always a good point to work from.
Cut out the red meat, cut out the white bread,pastas whole milk.
Do not eat any product that have high frutose corn syrup in the first 8 to 10 ingrediants. Drink plenty of water , lots of protein chicken,extra lean turkey and fiber.
What ever eating plan your working with I hope I didnt contradict it but Make sure your not starving yourself at all because that does more harm then anything. Make your snacks and keep them with you with a water bottle at all times. Remember you can eat all the right stuff but unless your moving more than you usually do it will not do anything.
Hope this helps a little.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:07 PM   #6  

I'm focusing a bit straighter myself. I had a vacation in August and had gotten a bit sloppy with organizing my nutrition. Thankfully I kept up the workouts, so I didn't have any gain, but I haven't lost anything beyond the 42 lbs that I've lost since January.

So, I committed to a new 12 wk cycle as of this past Sunday and I have a small goal of hitting the 50 lb total first. Then, I'll look and see what my next goal will be. I really want to hit that number!!!

I took a nice long bikeride yesterday and Saturday, plus did a LBWO in the gym on Sunday. Really felt strong and like I was accomplishing something!

So, here we are, back on the bandwagon and singing a happy tune!!!! Good luck, Morticia! We can do this!
maggie2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:13 PM   #7  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Talking

I'm a newbie to this forum - but back on the wagon sounds like the place for me...I lost 100 lbs about 2 years ago. I started at 264 and was down to 164. Currently I am back up to 180 and need to get back to moving the other direction. My main plan was 1200-1400 calories a day, writing down everything I ate. I also exercise every day, mostly walking - at least an hour but usually split up into 2 walks. Lately I have been hitting the gym, about an hour 5-6 days a week...mostly cardio but also some weight training.

I'm here cause I figure I need to start paying attention to what I eat again - I haven't been writing anything down for over a year....

I'm 39 and not ready to be as big as i was...which is what i'm headed towards if I don't wake up...

This forum is really neat - I have been really encouraged reading different threads. Last time I lost the weight pretty much all by myself - (well a Doberman as a walking buddy)...it's nice to know there is so much support available.

I'm with those above that say 1200 is too low to start with - it doesn't leave a lot of room for decreasing later when you hit a plateau. My 1200 to 1400 a day way way closer to 1400 than 1200 90% of the time.

The point that you are in this for a lifetime change and that you should still be able to enjoy food is a good one. (it's more a matter of how big of a portion did you enjoy than whether you had any at all )

Last edited by chick_in_the_hat; 09-06-2005 at 09:24 PM.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote