Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-03-2005, 07:23 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Holiday Weekend Chat - September 3rd, 4th and 5th

Good Morning Chicklets

Happeee Weekend. Its beautiful out today, well this morning anyways lol.

Watcha got planned for the labor day weekend? Nothing planned for me, just relaxing

HUGS !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:51 AM   #2  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Leenie - I slept in till 5:00!!!!! To me that's a great start to the weekend. We're working on the kids room this weekend. Starting with drywalling. The room is coming along - we have 2 weeks till they move in so hopefully we finish or my house will be a bid mess with all their stuff in my living room (they'd sleep in my craft room). So hopefully we get lots done. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous - upper 70's and sunny so that will be helpful.

I'm hoping DH will want to take the doggies for a hike this morning for my daily exercise. The asthma can handle the mountain path, I think... I'll bring the albuterol just in case.

I used my Gazelle for the first time in months last night and got a good all over workout. I love having good equipment in my house. I'd thought of joining Curves, but decided I have my own home gym - I just needed to use it.

Lenns, enjoy your relaxing week!!!!!!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:29 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Marie, my DH just picked a brand new Gazelle out of some one's garbage, the thing was brand new and its the heavy duty one. The owner lives up the street from me and he is moving and could not sell it at the garage sale he had last weekend so he just tossed it for the garbage men to scrap. He helped my DH load it in his van LOLOL !!!

I can only picture me throwing my back out on that thing LOL !!!! I never realized just how big those things are. I also was thinking about joining curves since there is one about 3 blocks from my house. I decided not to b/c I have enuf equipment in my house and I felt like...shame on me for wanting to spend more money when I have it all under my roof.

Good for you for sleeping till 5 am and enjoy working in the kids room.

Its only 9:30 am and I feel like I could use a nap LOLOL !!!!

TTYL
Old 09-04-2005, 07:32 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Whats everyone up to this holiday weekend? Running to get your kids shoes for school? LOL well thats what I did

How's your lovely Sonday Morning
Old 09-04-2005, 07:56 AM   #5  
Lifelong Journey Member

Leenie, if the Gazelle is heavy duty like mine, it cost about 450 new. You got a great deal. It doesn't bother my back at all, actually it strengthens the lower back with the striding and the upper back with the arm movements. If it has the computer, and adjustments, put the tension at a comfortable level to use it and they are so smooth that I don't think you'd throw your back out, you'd probably strengthen it so you wouldn't throw it out. Great find by your DH. I really like mine and think it was worthe every penny.

We got the sheetrock on the ceiling - oh that was painful and on 3 walls. We have one wall and the closet left to do, then it is taping and mudding time. It was far from fun but progress was made. Last night we did a pay per view moview because I was so wiped out I couldn't move. We saw Miss Congeniality 2. It was enough fluff that my tired mind and body could just zone out threw it. We went to bed a little early, so I got up a little earlier. One would have thought total exhaustion would have made me sleep at least a half an hour longer.

Well that's it for now. Have a great Sunday!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 08:38 AM   #6  

Hey everyone.

Worked evenings friday.........days saturday......4 hour eve saturday and off to work now for another day............girls did all the housework yesterday..........so we are going to do the garage pre winter organzization and put all the summer stuff away......we will probably have snow in 6 weeks. I am off tomorrow and not much planned except getting few things done here...........school got off to a good start last week.........I really didn't play it up too much and it was nice and smooth.

Work is heavy.....people are sick.........and I am in such bad shape that working 28 hours in 3 days is taking its toll...........I am looking forward to the new job this fall and getting organized in my next course toward my degree..........baby steps!

Hope you all have a great day.........Marie when you are done there we have a basement to finish here! Hey Leens! What size shoes is Gracie wearing these days.

Where is everyone? Will check in later.

hugs.......Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:11 AM   #7  

Hi Gang! I've been kind of quiet lately. I guess it is from listening to all the reports from NO. It's gut wrenching and I've actually limited my exposure to the news.

The stories of people having to abandon their pets as they climb onto the buses makes me jus sit and cry! The story of the elderly woman with her dog being pulled out of her arms as she climbed into the bus and the dog trying to run after the bus just did it for me.

I'm actually not going to church this morning - heathen that I am! We decided that we're not so that other members take some responsibility for what needs to be done at a Sunday Communion service. Some just take it for granted that R and I will take care of it. Surprise - we ain't there!

And so it goes. Today we will go shopping and tomorrow I'd like to tackle the neglected raspberry batch. Yesterday I took my houseplants outside and repotted them. It's amazing that they are still alive since I haven't done that in over five years .

See ya all later!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:20 PM   #8  

Hi everyone....haven't been here for a bit......DDIL is in the hospital since Friday....it's her gallbladder....she will have it out next Thursday....so between DS1 & me.....we are holding down the fort....feeding & changing baby Claire & holding her & cuddling her.

I am supposed to go back home on Wednesday....but I might be staying longer to help out. I am doing okay....feeling good. DH is lonely.....missing me....he has the dog at home to keep him company.

I am not doing much over the long weekend....just feeding....holding....changing Claire....going to the hospital....tovisit DDIL.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:31 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Oh FRIG!!!! I had a long post and hit a key that made it go bye bye... waaaaaaaah.

Liz, your in my thoughts, hope work is better soon (((NO SNOW))) that makes my brain hurt lol.

Tippy...raspberries... oooooooh watcha gonna make?

April, sorry to hear about DDIL, but glad its only her gaulbladder and nothing that they haven't seen before. Give Claire a hug and kiss from her aunties here

I have to put DD in the shower b/c today we are going to the zoo now if she'll only get her arese in the shower....oy.

HUGS HAPPY LABOR DAY EVERYONE !!!
Old 09-05-2005, 08:42 AM   #10  

Morning

Off to work again! LOL Life is good! I am lucky to have worked this weekend...hubby and kids did about 3 hours of housework yesterday while I was at worrk too.....sorting clothes and bathrooms....I love it! Saves me so much time when three of them work together rather than me doing it alone during the week while they are all at work.

My work is great Leens! I did get that job as I posted a few days ago......it is just the way things go. How was the zoo?

Hey April.....is there anything more theraputic than holding an infant......oh and the smell........I used to kiss my babes head one hundred million times a day.

Ok gang......off ...........be well!

Liz
Old 09-05-2005, 08:59 AM   #11  
Lifelong Journey Member

Liz, you're so blessed to have a family that helps with the housework. My DH does tons, but my kids are slugs. DS2 that lives here treats us like a hotel - I can not wait till January 17th when he leaves for basic training. We're remodeling the garage for a room for DS1 and GF and grandbaby and DS2 hasn't helped in anyway. It's like it doesn't benefit him, so why bother? Well, how about the equity in the house will be 1/2 is when we die??? I don't know, I'd never not help my parents when they needed it. Then there's DS1 who the room is for. He comes over once a week to help for about an hour. At that rate he'd be able to move in when the baby is 18. I have more sympathy for him since he's severe bipolar and having lots of med issues. He thought he could go med free like I did and it didn't work. I don't think he's taking anything ab the moment since the Wellbutrin didn't work for him and he forgot to call the dr. last week. He also is working FT. Anyway, I have more sympathy for him, maybe because I'm BP and I'm the reason he's struggling med wise. He sees my success and wants to be med free too.

Regardless, they're both slugs. So Liz, you are really lucky.

Leens, hope the zoo is fun. Sound much more exciting than what I have planned (you guessed it the room remodeling). Kids and hte zoo are the perfect way to spend a day.

April, DDIL is in my thoughts and prayers. They're certainly having a tough time aren't they? They're lucky to have you.

Diet and exercise still going great. Asthma is so so. I'm starting to cough up the yucky stuff so maybe there's an end in site for the problems. Mostly it's working on the room - the drywall dust is what's irritating it.

DH promised the puppies and I we could go on a hike this morning. So I will use the inhaler and stride up that mountain path. I just love going there so the morning will be great. Beyond that nothing else but remodeling is planned. I'm almost excited to go back to work - ha! not quite that desperate.

TTYL.
Marie
Old 09-05-2005, 11:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

just popping in to say and send hugs & prayers to everyone.

hugs & prayers,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #13  

Hi everyone

I am still visiting DS1 & DDIL & baby Claire....although DDIL is still in the hospital. I fed Claire at 11:30 last night & at 3:45 in the morning to give DS1 a full night of sleep....I feel tired now. DS1 has gone to the hospital with Claire....she is able to breast feed now....for a few days she was on a med....& she couldn't breast feed.
DDIL is in a private room now....when she was in the ward she was worried about about visitors coming in with contagious illnesses.

I have decided to go home on Wednesday as originally planned....DS1 & DDIL have arranged for her mother & a couple of friends to help out....they will manage.
DH is lonely without me there at home....also.

Marie....I guess I just came at the right time....lol...I guess we never know what will happen in life....do we.

Liz.....it is different holding your own flesh & blood....my 1st grandchild.....babies are so sweet....& they do smell so nice.....they are so sweet even when they wake up in the night to be fed.....she smiles....I know it is too early for smiling....it must be gas....she was 4 weeks old on Saturday.....her due date is Friday, Sept. 9.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:42 PM   #14  
CIN

Hi Gals
Good to see many post this weekend.

It is so sad to watch the news about the Hurricane victims...my Uncle lives in Gulport and he and his wife say they are heading North for good...the moved to Gulfport from Florida! Then this happened. They are ok.........could be worse.

I cooked for a family whose daughter is in ICU . She is 14.I wrote over a year ago about their family being hit head on by a drunk driver.The woman who hit them is in prison for 8 years. Their daughter had her 25th (yes 25th) surgery 2 weeks ago but it is not going well. Her poor body cannot take much more.Keep her in your prayers. She truly needs a miracle. Her intestines ( what little she has) are leaking and too fragile to have surgery on again. She is paralyzed from the waist down.has been since the accident. On a feeding tube indefinately now. So fragile yet she is still a typical almost 14 year old worried about zits and braces......when her life is currently hanging in balance.
The family appreciated a home cooked meal.....we stayed in ICU while they went and ate the meal.

Back to work tomorrow.....................see you all later!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:22 PM   #15  

Cin there is a lot of pain in that post.....that was a a nice thing for you to do....people often forget when the struggle has been so long.........how awful for a young girl to have to suffer so much....is she mentally responsive?

Hi everyone.......see you tomorrow.

LIz