Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:26 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Chicks!

Happy September!

cya...
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:30 AM   #4  

YAY! I'm taking my son to school in a few minutes. The fighting (on weekdays) ends today!
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:15 AM   #5  

I just put DD on the bus for the first time! Nope, no tears here. In fact, the only thing I can think of to be sad about is that she didn't get into full-time kindergarten (it was by lottery, and we moved back to the district too late).

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:53 AM   #6  

Default Happy Birthday Eric.....

Chicks
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:44 AM   #7  

Good for you, Fiona.

After I dropped my oldest son off at his new school, I had to go to a meeting about services for my youngest son who has autism. He'll start school on Tuesday. That will be tearful, but he's only 2, so I figure I'm allowed to be tearful about that!

There will be no tears when my DD goes back to school on Tuesday. I think she's starting puberty already (at age 9). She's just moody and sassy and she just acts like she has PMS all the time. *sigh*

Hey--I have an on-topic question... Since I have now moved to purple plan, I don't have 2 1/2 proteins anymore--just 2. Can I eat one egg as half a protein for breakfast and then a half serving of nuts or peanut butter for lunch so I get some protein in at each meal?
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #8  

Jenn, usually they don't suggest splitting proteins - mainly becuz it gets more complicated - if you're going to split proteins, then they suggest it is the same protein - so split the chicken, understand? They may have changed the rules on this, so ask your COD. ..

I'm on purple, too - but since I don't like a lot for breakfast, I usually have a lite -- and then I'm ready for fruit and yogurt in the mid morning - so I have my proteins at lunch and dinner.

Congrats to all you chicks with kids off to school!

BTW, has anyone heard of new flavors for lites?
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 11:24 AM   #9  

Hiya Chickies! Happy September! Ahh, fall is just around the corner. I love the cooler evenings and mornings!

Just 9 more days before we leave for our cruise! I want to lose 4 more pounds before I leave but I don't know if that is feasible. I really want to be good while I'm gone, but I know there is a lot of yummy food on those ships.

Happy birthday, Eric, whoever you may be!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 11:27 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by textjewel
Jenn, usually they don't suggest splitting proteins - mainly becuz it gets more complicated - if you're going to split proteins, then they suggest it is the same protein - so split the chicken, understand? They may have changed the rules on this, so ask your COD. ..

I'm on purple, too - but since I don't like a lot for breakfast, I usually have a lite -- and then I'm ready for fruit and yogurt in the mid morning - so I have my proteins at lunch and dinner.

Congrats to all you chicks with kids off to school!

BTW, has anyone heard of new flavors for lites?
Our center says the same thing about splitting proteins, "Don't do it."

I have become hooked on the tofu smoothie. It is easy to fix and I'm not one for a big breakfast either. I should eat my Lite at the same time because I am not hungry and forget to eat it most of the time. They say you aren't supposed to eat according to the clock, but if I don't, I don't eat.

No, haven't heard anything about new flavors, have you?
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 11:31 AM   #11  

Regina - Eric is my oldest DS (35 today).......thanks!
BTW, We found out this morning that another DDIL is pregnant, the future GB's will be four weeks apart.....Come next Spring we will have SIX GB's
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 11:33 AM   #12  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone.

Nothing much to report on my end. Gas here is between 2.99 and 3.39 for regular unleaded. I am down to quarter of a tank and I'm trying to hold out to see if the prices come down just a little bit. If they don't then I'll have to buy some gas probably Saturday or Sunday.

Julie - I asked my COD about new flavors when I was last in there and they told me they hadn't heard anything about new flavors. So for now I guess I'll just be having the double chocolate and lemon bars til the cows come home.

Regina - Enjoy your cruise. You are doing so well OP that your choices on the ship (and in port) will probably be second nature. When DH and I took our cruise, we pigged out - totally - and I gained 4 lbs. He gained 7, but the weight came off within about 2 weeks. The food on the ships I noticed was a lot fresher than the stuff at home. Maybe that had something to do with it?

Star - congrats.

Last edited by Chklithunder; 09-01-2005 at 11:36 AM.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:09 PM   #13  

Carmen, I heard in May that there may be new flavors - like a blueberry? I like the honey nougats for breakfast -- I'm just thinking that I'd like something else besides chocolate! The fruit and oats aren't too bad, but not my fave. So in the mean time I'm using luna lemon zests. . .

Funny thing about cruises -- my DS called last night to ask me about a cruise in the southern Carribean in Feb 2007! Initial deposit by 9/10. -- Hm, this gives me about 17 months to get to ultimate hotness -- actually, I hope by then I'm a little used to it . .

About gas - the news was saying that it was up over 50cents this week in this area - and there are parts of the country where it's already up to over 4$.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #14  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Mary and Julie - well, maybe I will go and fill up tonight. Tomorrow is payday so I figure if I just do it tonight then I won't feel the sting as bad. Mary, trust me it isn't hormones...I find it EXTREMELY troubling to keep opening the paper day after day and seeing the pictures of dead people and people who are starving and sick, stuck in the heat and stench down in LA, MS, and AL. It makes me feel guilty about worrying about many of the things I've been pressed about. Disasters like these tend to put our lives right back into perspective. I wonder how long before they can at least get those poor souls out of Nawlins.

On a lighter note you all, this is sooo neat: The Air Show is in town this weekend and the planes are practicing today. They practice over downtown, so every couple minutes if I look out my window I can see the blue angels or the Thunderbirds, whichever it is this year. And by looking I can't tell who's who. I know the Blue Angels are blue but they go so fast I can't see any colors. Anywho, that makes concentrating on work just a TAD difficult. I will do my best though!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:00 PM   #15  
234/165.8/160

Hi chicks

Star-Happy B-day to your son...you certainly don't look old enough to have a 35 year old son....not to mention 6 GBs!!!!!

I've been skimming posts as work has been crazy busy. My son just started his junior year in high school and his first job so I'm feeling a little stressed and kind of old (though I'm only 34....).

I had an irritating counselor the other day at COD (lately that seems to be the only kind they have). Anyway, she was new and I've been doing this nearly a year and just didn't have a lot of patience with her by the script garbage. I was up 1.8 lbs, but I hadn't exercised yet (like I normally do) and was still wearing work clothes instead of exercise clothes, plus scale was down that morning at home, so I told her these things and that I knew it was a timing thing, not a real gain. She still wants to pour over my journal and tell me I need more variety....WHAT? I eat tons of variety, last time they said I shouldn't have cottage cheese...whatever. Those are their scripted answers, if you can't find anything wrong in the journal tell them they need more variety, if there is variety and it's not working tell them to stop eating whatever is different....ridiculous....

Yesterday when I went back I was down 3.8 lbs...told her it was a fluke. I'm now 5.8 lbs from goal and am going to try to focus in, just to be done and stop having to train new counselors three times a week....

whew...that feels better...thanks for letting me vent!

Jen
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote