Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-31-2005, 08:51 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday Chat - August 31st

Good Morning

How is everyone this rainy day ?

Last day of August, can you believe it. ..... summer's gone

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:46 AM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

The sky is clear down here, but I've got mold growing under my bra.....from the constant humidity.

I feel crappy today, I did not want to exercise, I've slept poorly the last 2 nights and I'm stressing over everything in my life....the only positive things today were that I kicked Plan B into action...(I didn't want to exercise, but I did upper body and glutes for 15 mins. so i wasn't a complete failure.....and there is much less pinchable pudge in the front of my abdominal area....I seem to lose from the side of my waist first?)

Cathy, I hope things improve for you and yours this week, I'm thinking of you.

SueMarie you are a braver woman than I.....my scale is currently covered by a bath-towel.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:06 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Wink

Good Morning
I started out having a bad day, but i decided to say to heck with the ppl I don't want to deal with I'm goign to have the kind of day I want to have
I'm going to do some writing get my work done and not let the Sphincters bother me.
Marb woman I need to be you for 5 min A for the shrinking waist and B for your workout dedication I stink at trying to get up early
Leens Don't forget your umbrella it's Katrina comes to Jersey today
bbl
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:29 AM   #4  

I was watching Oprah (after the show episode) and the doc. said that your lips and anus look the same (pursing)....think about that Kier, when you are dealing with those folks and make a kissy face.....

I'm a better exerciser than dieter...so that's the angle I work...if I could work out 2-3 hours every day and eat whatever I wanted, I would...and it's easy to get up early if YOU CAN'T SLEEP ANYWAY. I figured some wt. sets was better than nothing...but I just realized I forgot to work my bi-ceps...geeze how dumb.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:13 PM   #5  

Hi everyone!

Got the kids off to school today.........grade 9 and grade 2.........so far so good!

Had coffee with my girlfriend.......she has 2 kids under 3 and 3 in school......always nice to hook up with her and see the babes!

The weather here is gorgous and I said a big thank you this morning, when I saw the pic of New Orleans on the front page of our local paper,for all that I have.

Still no news on the new job........but it has only been 24 hours since the interview not the week it told me it was going to be.

Hubby is starting a new job on Sep 12 so lots of news around these parts.

Good job all of you that have shrinking body parts and smaller numbers on the scale.

Have a good one everyone!

Talk soon!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 03:42 PM   #6  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, way to go on the shrinking waist Marble. Liz, I hope the interview when really well. Kierie, I love the idea of not letting people bother me and not letting them ruin my day. I need to adapt your attitude.

I lost 2 pounds from yesterday's weighin to today's sneak a peek at the mean scale. So Cathy you were right, it must have been water why I hadn't lost on weighin day. I sure was doing the happy dance this morning. That's 8.5 pounds since the food cruise and dropping the meds. YEAH!!!

Work is aggravating but following Kierie's attitude, I'm not letting it ruin my day. Whoever said there's no such thing as a stupid question surely didn't work here. I hear tons of stupid questions and I want to knock people on the side of the head - like WAKE UP!!!!

Tonight I will exercise. Unlike Marble, I don't do exercise easily. I'm much better food wise. But I will exercise because I want to lose lots more weight. I want to be slender and toned. That can't happen if I don't exercise my derriere.

TTYL.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 03:46 PM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Marble – I didn’t have a scale for the longest time. The scale I had didn’t go high enough and when I got the new scale that went over 300lbs, it sat there for a while before I would get on it.

Liz – I really wish a certain part of my body would shrink… I see the numbers going down, but I don’t see the shrinkage… I want my boobs to shrink!

I haven’t done any exercise, but I am going to get some swimming in tonight. I’ve been cleaning house for the BBQ on Friday and the kids birthday in a week.

Work was really nice today… I hope the whole school year goes this well!

My prayers and thoughts with those who have been affected by the Hurricane.

Take care everyone!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:56 PM   #8  

I don't want my girls to shrink.....they are just a C....but it's nice to be able to wear a 36-c instead of a 38-c!....my UPPER abdominal area is extremely ANNOYING, it is the last place to shrink! I never used to have this problem...grrr it must be my advanced AGE. I do oblique work and ab. work constantly and lose inches from my back? However, my arms are very firm (I can see my tricep!) and the girls seem to be sitting up straighter.

How can I lose 4 inches from each thigh and expand in the middle? the answer must be to burn more FAT and do more cardio, I need to do at least 5-6 hours a week, but am only managing 3.5....and sew my lips shut. Pretty soon I'll be WALKING the 4 miles each way to work...as gas prices rise.

you'd think I would be making myself tired enough to actually SLEEP, but no, I tossed and turned until 1AM....then watched the weather, then slept an hour, then the cat used my hip as a launching pad, I gave up at 430 and drank 3 cups of coffee to motivate myself....tonight, I will try to relax and have a drink..but drinks have excess calories!
Old 08-31-2005, 06:28 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I had a small victory over myself today
I had the day from HELLLLLLLLO how are you
I even had my boss come into my cube to "train" me aka look what you did wrong
I wanted to eat so bad and i didn't!
Marb right now I'm a 38 and yet my only clean bra is a DD
bbl
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:33 PM   #10  

Hi everyone.....the sun came out today. I am still visiting with DS1 & DDIL & baby Claire....they are both tired with the feeds every 3 hours....DS1 decided to weigh Claire today on a digital scale.....a kitchen scale......it weighs up to 20 lbs. So he put a plate on the scale....a blanket & put Claire on it.....she weighs 5lbs. 15 oz. today.....when she was born on Aug. 6.....she weighed 4 lbs. 13 oz.....so she has gained in the last 3 1/2 weeks.

DDIL & I went to the mall....did a bit of shopping....so we are home now.....not too much else happening today.

Marble....at 1 time....when I weighed 120 lbs. A long time ago....I still wore a DD cup....it seems no matter what size bra I wear....from a 32 to a 42....it has always been a DD.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:04 PM   #11  

All this complaining about big "girls"! The only time I've EVER hit a C cup has been when I'm quite overweight, like now. When I weighed 130 (quite thin for my large frame) I could barely fill a B. The French have an expression: "se plaindre la coupe pleine", which means complaining about something everyone else thinks is pretty desirable. Although I must admit they do get in the way when they grow...
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:24 PM   #12  
I CAN DO THIS

Hi Everyone..

Technically we still have 21 days left of summer. It's warm 80degrees and sunny here still.

Marble ~ things will get better.. it's the weather and the end of summer.. It makes everyone a little lazy... and congratz on the loss..

Liz ~ I hope your interview went well and you get the job.

Marie ~ Congratz on the weight loss...

Sue Marie ~ I would give anything to have my boobs grow.. since I lost the weight from my daughter.. they've shrunk and I hate it. I use to be a C before I got pregnant... then I went to a D while pregnant and now I am in a B (grr) I would give anything to be back in a C. Glad you had a good day at work...

I myself have been trying to be good and loose my temper when it comes to punishing the kids but they both saw mommy come unglued last night. My daughter has definately hit terrible two's.. I tried going into Walmart yesterday afternoon and from the moment we got out of the car she started screaming.. Then I got her to stop.. since we were going to see daddy and I let her walk, but then she ran off and I put her in the cart and it started again.. finally I just walked out of Walmart. I wouldn't have cared if my husband didn't work there, but she got time out and a spanking when we got home... I seriously need to stop these tantrums from her...

Then my son... I still haven't figured out how to deal with.. Everytime he goes to Mass to visit my parents he comes home a terror and it takes me 6 months to break him.. and get him back on a normal schedule/routine. I don't know what to do he just doesn't want to listen and he's started throwing tantrums to...

To top it off I hurt my back at work yesterday.. Don't ask me how and I've been in constant pain, but I finally went to walmart and bought something and it is help DH is going to rub my back again tonight and I promised to give him a backrub just to be fair.

So enough complaining... I lost 3 lbs after my overgaining this week so I'm back down to 141. I need to get back on the excercise kick. I figure one I finish unpack that is what I will be doing...

Well have to finish cleaning the bedroom and office.. I've been at it for 3 days and still have done almost nothing. I need to have it clean before I go to bed tonight or DH will clean it his way.
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:27 PM   #13  

By the way, Marble, how's the Don King hair these days? We got the tail end of Katrina here today, and it rained all morning. Now the humidity is back yet again. I got my hair cut really short because of the heat - using the hairdryer for more than a couple of minutes makes my head sweat so much my hair ends up wetter than before I start to dry it. So now I'm a babe magnet again...

April, you're sounding quite chipper. It must be that great combo of Vancouver sun and all that new baby smell.

I've been watching the Katrina coverage quite a bit: my brother (now deceased) lived in New Orleans, and I haven't been able to reach his wonderful friends to make sure they're safe. I'm pretty sure they would not have evacuated, and since they're in the French Quarter the flooding is not as bad, but they will probably lose their businesses even if they're all right themselves. It was quite a shock to realize that things had gotten so much worse AFTER it looked like NO had escaped without too much damage. If you're sending in that direction, please include Cameron, Joanie and Steve in your thoughts.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:40 PM   #14  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

SueMarie - I totally am with you on wanting the boobs to shrink. What I'd give not to have to buy a minimizer bra. And Marble, the girls are sitting up straighter?!?!? Mine are straight too - to the floor... Carla, not only do they get in the way, but I think mine are getting ready to touch my toes (not desirable)...

Kierie - on not eating when the stress was there. You did GREAT!!!

Ashlie - WAY TO GO! on the 3 pound loss. You'll get a grip on the temper tantrums. Just be consistent in discipling them. And walking out of Walmart was smart and the right thing to do.

Katrina was horrible and my thoughts and prayers are with everyone, including your brother's friends, Carla.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote