South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 07:01 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Hump Day Chick Chat

Morning girls the tea pot is on again...this time it has the bags in it. Pull up your beach chair and have a
Old 08-31-2005, 07:11 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Little Chick!

I've been crazy busy lately... just going to catch up on yesterday's posts...
Old 08-31-2005, 07:15 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

Morning Ellis, hope you get caught up. Have a great day. Only 5 more sleeps till school starts. YIPEEEEEEEEEEE.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:28 AM   #4  

I am anxiously counting down the minutes, Little Chick.
It's pouring buckets here. Left over from Katrina, apparently. I'm so very sorry about the devastation to our southern neighbours.

Welcome to Nana21, by the way!!
Old 08-31-2005, 07:40 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

It is raining here as well but not too hard, it is susposed to get worse this afternoon. I have been watching CNN it is so sad, my heart goes out to all of them.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:45 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I'm just as tired of seeing the aftermath of Katrina on TV as I was seeing the aftermath of 9/11 on TV. That's all anybody wants to watch, and I mean, sheesh. It's so hard not to get depressed and be really upset about it.

So I'm changing the subject. I tried those Morning Star Farms fake chicken "meal starter" things last night, and they were good, but I'm not sure if they agreed with me. One serving size is like 12 fake chicken strips, and I don't know if it was just too much, or what. I was glued to the toilet most of the night and had to take the remaining Immodium in our medicine cabinet. I don't know if my stomach couldn't digest it very well, or what, but holy cow, I was a miserable weezle.

Gotta get ready for work. I'm SO ready for the weekend. Happy Hump Day chickiedoodles.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:06 AM   #7  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Just a quick fly-by this morning. Bought our new last night!! It's still in the boxes, waiting for our darling geek SIL to send us CAT5 cables and a router. Bless him!! I'll be networked!!

Knitting group was kinda lonely with just me and Stephanie there....I guess everyone else was working or had other plans...but it was nice to just sit and chitchat while we worked on our projects.

Ellis, sorry you're soaking...I feel your pain. Apparently this is supposed to be one of the wettest summers on record for us.

Weezle, sorry about your chicken nugget thingies...you never know with fake stuff, sometimes it's great, sometimes it's a disaster.

Okay, gotta fly!

Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!
Old 08-31-2005, 08:06 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wet Wednesday here too. Yes, there is a lot on TV about Katrina and we may be heading into overkill but it is a huge catastrophe and we only know part of it now. I've sent my donation to the Red Cross last night. The Ice Storm of '98 was nothing compared to this disaster!

By the way, I checked on Bamiegurl and she is OK. She'll be back on The Beach soon. She claims she got caught in the undertow!

Ellis and Little Chick, enjoy the rainy day indoors with your darling kidlets! Remember this too shall pass. How many more days until Christmas break? I really do sympathize.

I managed to get wet without going outside this morning! The Girls came indoors from potty in a real panic. It hasn't rained for so long they forgot about it. Both of them were soaked to the dripping stage and wanted to cuddle! I changed out of my wet robe, into my barn coat and sou'wester and took the garbage out to the road. Now I'm dry and warm again and ready to soak in a tub for a while.

I survived Eastside Mario's last night with no damage. The scale stayed the same. I sure would like it to budge tonight but.....

The tub is ready. I sure wish I had one of those cabana boys to scrub my back.

Happy Hump Day, Chickies. Are we missing any Southern Chickies besides Bamie?
Old 08-31-2005, 08:09 AM   #9  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

I haven't posted in over a month, gained 4 lbs in that time. I have had some personal issues and not able to be on here or follow the sbd as well as I should.

I don't want to complain too much but dh's mom has cancer and is in chemo, well her SO left her a few weeks ago. Not only did she (SO) leave while my MIL was in in chemo, she (SO) hadn't paid the bills in 3mths! That means everything is behind and MIL was getting disconnect notices. Thankfully, all of the companies owed now know the situation and are working with her. Her friends are raising money for her medical bills, etc...

I have been trying to follow SBD with limited money while helping out MIL but it just didn't happen and I ate cheap noodles instead. Now that I am in a better place, financially and mentally, I am ready to restart.

It's very nice to be able to come in here and see the same people as when I left, that gives me inspiration to keep on going!!

(MIL - mother-in-law SO- significant other)

Last edited by fl_mom; 08-31-2005 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:15 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning, LC! Thanks for starting us up and putting the kettle on! What kind of tea? I made a cup of hot cocoa this morning even though the humidity makes it feel very warm here. It just seemed soothing, you know? I thought of you this weekend...I was at a dance recital that had plenty of tiny dancers. They were adorable!

Ellis, I had a feeling that you were thinking that way about school! I remember how many of you all took a major nap after getting your kiddos off that first day last year! I know what you mean about the devastation...it's terrible. There was a huge flood in my area in '72 after Hurricane Agnes, so many people here really can relate, though they didn't have the galeforce winds to contend with too. I'm praying hard for those folks! In the meantime, one thing you can do, even if you are low on cash, like us, is go to www.thehungersite.com and click. You'll then help provide food for Katrina victims for free. It's nice to know that you can do something, though I wish I could head down there and help out personally. My neighbor is a Red Cross volunteer and I have a feeling he'll be heading down there pretty soon if he hasn't already.

Weezle, I'm sorry about your stomach! I've never tried the fake chicken from Morningstar, but I've had tons of their other products and never had a problem. You might want to take a look at the ingredients list and see what they are made of. Hope you feel better soon! I know what you mean about extended coverage...if it makes you anxious and sad, just turn it off, hon. I've been on a 'no-news' diet for several years now after my therapist suggested it. I don't read the newspaper, don't watch the news, and turn the station if the news comes on the radio. I always hear about the important things because people like DH tell me, but I don't have to hear about things like the Iraq war, which tears my heart to shreds. It really helps to just keep it out of my life. Still, things like this I just feel I can't avoid...I feel terrible that I can't do more to help those people.

Mama, I'm glad you had fun at your knitting group anyway! Sometimes it's nice to just get to know one person well. It's been a summer of extremes for everyone, I think. Some had way too much rain, others, like us, had almost none. Our weather people are actually saying that Katrina can't dump enough on us to make up for our lack. Of course, the grape growers, who loved the hot, dry summer, are not thrilled at all this rain right before harvest. You can't please them all! Try to stay dry!

Ruth, so glad you checked on Bamie. You're a doll! You cracked me up about the pups with the rain! With all those soft curls, I bet your pups soak up the water like little sponges... Our pup hates rain and getting her feet wet. You can almost hear her sigh when we go outside and she finds out it's raining. She just really hates it. Glad you're staying dry and off to a nice tub. Where are those cabana boys when you need them???

Me:
Well, I have my 'Totally Pumped' class at the gym today. I took a week off from the gym last week because I was spackling/sanding/priming/painting our pantry. The week before I did all my normal workouts and my arms were killing me after five minutes of working in the pantry. I hope I'm up for the class today...this is the hardest workout of the week!

I really OD'd on SF ice cream last week and I'm feeling it now. I'm not eating the ice cream anymore, but I have the cravings, bad. I need to do a Phase 1 week next week...and I can't wait. These cravings are horrible...how did I live this way before? I'm really starting to believe the idea that sugar alcohols can cause cravings. I haven't had any sugar or simple carbs in my diet, so it has to be the darn ice cream.

I have a ton of phone calls to make today, something I hate doing, but I've got to get on it. One set is something to look forward to--I'm looking for an adult ballet class. My stomach is still too big to look good in a leotard, but I'm proportional enough not to tip over in a pirouette, so I think I'm ready to get back into one of my favorite activities! I did classical ballet for 14 years before I stopped to go to college. I never picked it back up as I grew more and more overweight. I miss it terribly and can't wait to start again, fat roll or no!

Also have to take the pup to the vet. She had an abcessed anal gland two weeks ago and the other one was impacted. We had no idea she was having problems...she didn't scoot or lick the area or tell us in any way that anything was wrong. We were so upset! Thankfully, she seems to have healed well. We'll see what the vet says about how often she has to have her glands 'expressed'. that I'm not the one to do it...I love her very much, but yick!
Old 08-31-2005, 08:17 AM   #11  

fl_mom, that's not complaining, sweetie. I'm so very sorry about your MIL. I'll be keeping her in my prayers.

Hugs for all of you... I'm just heading out the door...
Old 08-31-2005, 08:21 AM   #12  

Good morning ladies!

Woke up late again. Well, not really, I just kept snoozing. I was going to have cereal for breakfast when my co-worker saved me by asking if I wanted breakfast. (eggs and turkey bacon. )

I am feeling good this morning. I put on my "victory capris" this morning and it felt so good to just button them and go. It is definitley encouraging!

No rain here! the sun is shining! There is a lot of debri on the roads from the wind and rain yesterday. But, it is just branches and small stuff.

My fridge is looking sad today. I will have to make my list and head to the grocery store. I am happy that I have not wasted much food. It reminds me that I followed through on most of my intentions to cook every night.

Well, gotta get to work!
Old 08-31-2005, 08:24 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

fl_mom, please don't feel bad for sharing with us...I agree with Ellis, it's definitely not complaining. Trust me, if it was, then several of us (me included) would be guilty of doing some major complaining, daily! I'm so sorry for your MIL...what a double blow. Thank God she has great family and friends who are helping her through. Sounds like her SO was a piece of work...how awful to leave when someone needs you so much and to dump those bills in her lap. I hope your MIL feels much better soon and that you feel great as you jump back on the wagon. We saved your beach towel for you!
Old 08-31-2005, 08:24 AM   #14  
Slow and Steady...

Happy Hump Day Beach Babes!

Good Morning Little Chick: Hope your tea is tasty this morning! I'm having my coffee and toasting all of you who are up so early . My kids start school tomorrow! Dumb to start before Labor Day, isn't it?

Ellis: Morning! Hope the rain clears out and your day is a calm one today!

Weezle: Hope you are feeling better today! How did the MSF fake chicken taste?

Mamacita: Enjoy that new computer. We are looking at a new one, but have to save a few more pennies before we can buy. What kind did you get? Did you get all the bells and whistles?

Ruth: Enjoy your bath! Relax and soak. Congrats on surviving Eastside Marios . You planned ahead, so I figured you would do just fine!

Me: I managed to get in to work early (in hopes of getting out early). The kids are going to have to walk to soccer tonight unless I can get home to pick them up.

We have been enjoying great weather here in MN! There is a slight chance of rain today and tonight, but we are supposed to have 75-80 degree days and sunshine for the next few days. I am hoping for good weather because we plan to go to the MN State Fair on Sunday. That will be a major food challenge! Too many deep fried, fatty and sugary foods to tempt me. I will be bringing along some SB friendly foods, and searching for things that I can eat. Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies! I'm gonna need all the good vibes I can get on Sunday.

I best get some work done! Have a great day all!
Old 08-31-2005, 08:51 AM   #15  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Uugh!! Got into a huge fight with my bf last night. I was watching the news about the horrible devestation from Katrina and the fact that people are dying and suffering. All he could say was that "the stupid idiots should've left and now we have to spend tax dollars to save them when they could've evacuated and now they're just looting everything and causing all sorts of problems"...blah blah blah!!! I was so pissed at the complete lack of empathy or compassion from him. I totally went off on him. I couldn't even believe he was talking like that.

I hate it when people just turn their backs on things like this. Ignoring a bad situation causes more people to suffer. People need help now not to be ignored in favor of a more pleasant subject. You know the saying "bad things happen when good people do nothing" I think nothing could be more appropriate for this situation. I've already sent a donation and plan to see if there is a place to give blood specifically for that area. I guess they need it since any supplies they have are bad due to lack of power for refrigeration.

I'm sorry to bring people down but a trajedy like this deserves peoples attention, it deserves to be in the news, and it shouldn't be ignored like nothing happened. I hope everyone can manage to find their own ways to help without getting too overwhelmed or depressed. I also hope everyone has a great day and stays OP!
Closed Thread