Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-31-2005, 04:21 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default Feeling deflated (and inflated!)

Hello!

I'm just feeling a bit blue today! I've been going at this weight loss thing for ages. I've just started properly in earnest after a few weeks off track for exams and moving house and things. I've been properly watching what I eat and weight lifting and carrying on with my kickboxing 3 hrs a week for about 5 weeks now. I'm not really seeing any changes! I've lost 3lbs scale weight and I'm only weighing myself once a month.

I've had a really bad weekend (3 days this week over here) with just constant bingeing on total junk! I was a complete yesterday and I will be today and for another week. I'm just feeling like I'm not getting anywhere. Sure I've upped some weights but maybe I was lifting too light to start off with!! I feel really bloated today and fat and stuffed and completely fed up! If I had it my way, I'd be back in bed!

Had a bit of a lame kickboxing class yesterday. I have discovered that I can't do back kicks to save my life! I'm going to have to practise and practise to even get close to where I need to be. I'm so sick of not getting anywhere!

Help please! Sorry this is a rant!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Rant away! I'm sorry that you're feeling blue. That's not like you. You usually seem pretty up-beat.

What do you want to do? Do you want to take a day and chill out? Take a long relaxing bath ... walk ... listen to music?

Or do you want to study this plateau thing? Maybe all you have to do is have a look at all your activities and food intake and change it up. Move things around. Try some new things.

Either option will probably help your blueness. Hope you feel better soon.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:29 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Tough love coming up here Frus:

You know the answer to this!
Eat rubbish, FEEL rubbish!

Pick yourself up girly and get cracking on those back kicks!! I don't want to hear any excuses out of you!

but I know how you feel, hope tomorrow's another kind of day for you
JuliaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:37 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

I like da though love Julia!

I think it was just a morning thing! I should have my sig line tatooed on my eating hand!

Thanks guys for cheering me up! I might start looking at doing my weights in the morning. I'm hopefully gonna be adding another cardio session a week to my lovely schedule. I'm starting lacrosse soon!

I feel better now I've been out in the sun and there's only 2 1/2 hours till home-time! I'm ready to be whoopin' a$$ and getting those back kicks licked! I'm also going to try and get practising my splits for kickboxing. Well, actually just so I can show off!

Thanks girlies
Old 08-31-2005, 09:39 AM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

OK, I'll be the *good cop*....you've lost 53 lbs, you've LOST 53 POUNDS!!!!!! I think that is a tremendous accomplishment and you WILL lose more. take a look at the big picture and stay in the game. Your back-kicks will improve (you may practise on my X-boyfriend if you like) and you'll make progress. I don't think you want the junk food, you seem to be over that gratification.

congrats on how far you have come!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:45 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

Woah! 53lbs! That's a lotta weight! I never really look at it like that! I guess cos it's come off over about 4 years!

YEEEEEEEEEEEHA! Feeling groovy and confident about whooping those back kicks! I've practised before, I just seem to have lost the mojo...

I just have to get over the mental, "Woohoo it's the weekend, eat all you want!" thing! Something to work on!

I feel my ego has been stoked enough! I love this site! You guys are great!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:52 AM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

and it has STAYED OFF too!!!! (I'll be sending you my x-boyfriend to kick, I've stuffed his body in a box for you.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:54 AM   #8  
aka Superwoman!

Him indoors is under threat of a beating when he doesn't wash up!
Old 08-31-2005, 11:15 AM   #9  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Hey, 3 lbs. a month is great. It took me a month to lose 1.6 lbs.!
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:57 AM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

2F -- I'm an extremely sloooooow loser too... Last YEAR I lost 12#, only 1#/month!! But I LOST them for good!! Buhbye!! Better than gaining I say!!

Keep up the great work, it'll come together, slow but sure wins the race....

I also agree with Julia, read your own siggie : Eat rubbish, FEEL rubbish! Think of that this upcoming weekend!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote